Page 5 of 61 First 345679 Last

Thread: Keyboard and HOTAS Reference Sheet Generator

Originally Posted by TomR View Post (Source)
    <Binding Device="T16000M" DeviceIndex="0" Key="Joy_RZAxis"/>

Device index is 0 for one stick and 1 for the other.
    Yeah it's a case of adding in sensitivity to the device index but keeping the most common case (where there is no device index) compatible. I'm playing around with it now.

I feel like that guy everyone is going to point to and laugh for asking this question... But is there anything like this for xbox controllers? I've brought about half a dozen friends onto the computer version and that is what they are using with only a couple looking at getting a HOTAS later.

Originally Posted by Dregan808 View Post (Source)
    I feel like that guy everyone is going to point to and laugh for asking this question... But is there anything like this for xbox controllers? I've brought about half a dozen friends onto the computer version and that is what they are using with only a couple looking at getting a HOTAS later.
    Not a stupid question at all. Unfortunately I don't have an XBox so don't have any idea how complicated it would be to set it up. If it's more like a PS4, with a very fixed configuration, it won't be too difficult. If it's more like a Steam Controller, where most functions are mapped through the Steam management software and you have no idea if a pad is really a pad or a mouse or a joystick or a set of buttons or... then it will be next-to impossible.

Not that I'm planning on doing it this evening but I can take a look at this some time after Christmas. Which controller do you use, and is there any significant difference between the types of XBox controller?

Originally Posted by TomR View Post (Source)
    I have two T-16000M sticks and the program only detects one so it thinks I have all kinds of things bound to one stick when really it's spread over the two.
    Okay I think that the site will now handle the situation of having multiple controllers of the same type. Give it a shot and let me know if it works for you.

Originally Posted by jgm View Post (Source)
    Okay I think that the site will now handle the situation of having multiple controllers of the same type. Give it a shot and let me know if it works for you.
    Works great. Nice work.

http://www.mcdee.net/elite/binds/xqllgq

I haven't seen that ID for the CH throttle before. If it has the same as the standard mappings for the throttle then http://www.mcdee.net/elite/binds/qlpsgz should now show the correct values. Please let me know if it does, and if it doesn't which ones are incorrect. Thanks.

Well done, that got everything!

My control setup incorporates macros and keyboard binds which might have caused the issue.

I just got one of the farming simulator control panels, and it's pretty sweet - 24 pushbuttons, a scrollwheel that generates button presses when rolled forward or backwards and can be pressed as an additional button, and a 3-axis joystick that can switch modes with a button, so it's actually two three-axis sticks in one (looking at the bindings file, when the stick is in one mode ED gets Joy_XAxis/Joy_YAxis/Joy_ZAxis events and when it's in the other mode ED gets Joy_RXAxis/Joy_RYAxis/Joy_RZAxis events). Windows 10 sees it as a multi-axis HID device, and there's no special Saitek software for it so it probably works on Macs (I can't test that though, I don't own a Mac). I suspect it's going to become popular with ED owners.

Name:  saitek panel.png
Views: 591
Size:  11.1 KB

The panel's ID as ED sees it is 07382218, ie this this what a fragment of the .binds file for it looks like:
    Code:
        <YawAxis_Landing>
            <Binding Device="07382218" Key="Joy_ZAxis" />
            <Inverted Value="0" />
            <Deadzone Value="0.00000000" />
        </YawAxis_Landing>
    Let me know what you need to add support, and I can probably supply it.

I'll give this a go tomorrow, thanks for building this tool!

Originally Posted by Faybs View Post (Source)
    I just got one of the farming simulator control panels, and it's pretty sweet - 24 pushbuttons, a scrollwheel that generates button presses when rolled forward or backwards and can be pressed as an additional button, and a 3-axis joystick that can switch modes with a button, so it's actually two three-axis sticks in one (looking at the bindings file, when the stick is in one mode ED gets Joy_XAxis/Joy_YAxis/Joy_ZAxis events and when it's in the other mode ED gets Joy_RXAxis/Joy_RYAxis/Joy_RZAxis events).
    Looks like it should be possible to support. What do the two buttons on top of the stick do?

And is the big grey area above the stick a button or just decoration?

hey guys I need some help with scripting and keybindings for my X52 pro, i basically want to bind my POV(point of view) button to move the the right 2-4 times to put power into the weapons and when i boost to put power in the engines. if anyone is willing to help me with this can you please PM me

Looks like it should be possible to support. What do the two buttons on top of the stick do?

And is the big grey area above the stick a button or just decoration?
    One of the buttons is a pushbutton and the other changes the mode of the three axis stick - it has an LED in it that changes color depending on the mode it's in (translation or rotation). If by the big grey area you mean the long rectangular thing, that's also a single pushbutton.

Originally Posted by Faybs View Post (Source)
    One of the buttons is a pushbutton and the other changes the mode of the three axis stick - it has an LED in it that changes color depending on the mode it's in (translation or rotation). If by the big grey area you mean the long rectangular thing, that's also a single pushbutton.
    Thanks for the information. I've added it to the webpage so give it a shot and let me know how it goes.

I've put in provisional support for the XBox controller but there is something strange going on with it compared to other controllers in that it seems to have the concept of groups and activators, whereas other controllers use the idea of modifiers. If anyone is using an XBox controller please give it a shot and let me know if it looks good or, if not, how you're using the various controls that are not showing correctly.

I usually use a Warthog or CH setup and have been using your ref sheet generator to good effect, thanks. As I am on a long tedious journey back from Sag A, I decided to dig out an Xbox controller for a simpler setup for this journey. I have just tried the ref sheet generator with the Xbox controller plugged in and I am not showing any of the mappings for the Xbox controller at all, it just shows the keyboard settings. I had to make a simple mod to the bindings so that a custom file was produced for sheet generator to load.

Originally Posted by Wrongway View Post (Source)
    I usually use a Warthog or CH setup and have been using your ref sheet generator to good effect, thanks. As I am on a long tedious journey back from Sag A, I decided to dig out an Xbox controller for a simpler setup for this journey. I have just tried the ref sheet generator with the Xbox controller plugged in and I am not showing any of the mappings for the Xbox controller at all, it just shows the keyboard settings. I had to make a simple mod to the bindings so that a custom file was produced for sheet generator to load.
    Please could you send me the reference to your bindings file?