Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Keyboard and HOTAS Reference Sheet Generator

Originally Posted by jgm View Post (Source)
    Please could you send me the reference to your bindings file?
    http://www.mcdee.net/elite/binds/uwmayq Let me know if you need the binds file and I will pop it on a dropbox download.

Please could you send me the reference to your bindings file?
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...SagA.1.8.binds

Hope it helps

I wonder why noone has yet realized that the tool is currently missing pedals ? My bindings are actually completely useless without the pedal settings.

Thank you OP, awesome work! Why is it so often the community with these great ideas?

Originally Posted by Cmdr. Numa View Post (Source)
    I wonder why noone has yet realized that the tool is currently missing pedals ? My bindings are actually completely useless without the pedal settings.
    The main reason is that I haven't heard of any pedal configurations that are more complex than left/right plus a couple of other items if the pedals have toe brakes. Do you have a lot bound to your pedals?

Originally Posted by Wrongway View Post (Source)
    http://www.mcdee.net/elite/binds/uwmayq Let me know if you need the binds file and I will pop it on a dropbox download.
    This uses a different ID to the ones I have seen before. I've added it to the list so it will show the controls, at least. Still somewhat unsure about the grouping system so I'd be interested in hearing how well what you are seeing maps to reality.

This uses a different ID to the ones I have seen before. I've added it to the list so it will show the controls, at least. Still somewhat unsure about the grouping system so I'd be interested in hearing how well what you are seeing maps to reality.
    I initially tried using a genuine Xbox360 controller and got the result I mentioned. I changed over to a Razer Sabretooth controller with the same results. Thats the bind file I sent. With getting the same result with both , also both seem to be identified as the same in ED's controller setiings I didn't think it would matter. I can use either for any tests.

Wow! Awesome. This needs to be stickied imo.

Am thinking of getting a HOTAS thingummybob next year after I build myself a HOTAS/Steering Wheel mount.

Thanks for the information. I've added it to the webpage so give it a shot and let me know how it goes.
    Looking pretty good! I've just tried it with my current bindings and found two small bugs: the click button on the mousewheel and the red button on the joystick are not handled properly. In my binds I have the joystick button set up as UI select and the wheel click button as UI back. This is what the relevant section looks like on my binds file:

Code:
     <UI_Select>
      <Primary Device="SaitekX55Throttle" Key="Joy_22" />
      <Secondary Device="07382218" Key="Joy_28" />
     </UI_Select>
     <UI_Back>
      <Primary Device="SaitekX55Throttle" Key="Joy_20" />
      <Secondary Device="07382218" Key="Joy_25" />
     </UI_Back>
    This is what currently looks like on the generated page:

Name:  sidepanelcontroldeck bug.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  101.0 KB

And this is what it should look like:

Name:  sidepanelcontroldeck proposed fix.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  105.8 KB

For spaceflight only yaw, but I do the whole SRV driving with them.

one word. AWESOME. thank you.

Originally Posted by Faybs View Post (Source)
    Looking pretty good! I've just tried it with my current bindings and found two small bugs: ...
    Sorry didn't realise that the scroll wheel clicked. I've updated the template with this information so it should now generate correctly. Give it a shot and let me know how it looks.

Originally Posted by Wrongway View Post (Source)
    I initially tried using a genuine Xbox360 controller and got the result I mentioned. I changed over to a Razer Sabretooth controller with the same results. Thats the bind file I sent. With getting the same result with both , also both seem to be identified as the same in ED's controller setiings I didn't think it would matter. I can use either for any tests.
    Okay the Sabretooth and XBox pad should be picked up correctly now. Give it a shot and if it doesn't work please let me know the URL of the binds (should be shown at the top of each page) so that I can take a look and see what's going on. It does appear that there are a lot of controllers out there with different IDs that FD haven't mapped, though, in which case I'll need to keep adding the mappings myself as I run in to them.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

For spaceflight only yaw, but I do the whole SRV driving with them.
    Are the settings complex enough that you feel a reference sheet is required? I could add pedals in without a huge amount of effort, but I haven't seen pedal controls that are anything other than obvious so thought that a reference sheet would be of minimal use.

Your call. for completeness sake I'd add them.

Your call. for completeness sake I'd add them.
    Well I can give it a shot. Could you send me your binds file along with the details of your pedals (make/model) and their configuration (which controls do what) and I'll see if I can add it?

Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast