Page 1 of 10 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Keyboard and HOTAS Reference Sheet Generator

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Keyboard and HOTAS Reference Sheet Generator

With the advent of Horizons there are even more bindings to remember, so it's a good time to generate a reference sheet for your own customised configuration.

The reference sheet generator has been updated and is available at http://www.mcdee.net/elite/ It takes a copy of your custom binds file and generates reference sheets for you for both keyboard and HOTAS. Details of how to use it are available on the site.

If you find any problems with the files that are generated, would like another product supported, or have any general comments then please put them here. Thank you, and I hope that you find this useful.

<<<< Moderation Edit. >>>>
    This thread has been superceded by a new one: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...oller-bindings

Originally Posted by jgm View Post (Source)
    With the advent of Horizons there are even more bindings to remember, so it's a good time to generate a reference sheet for your own customised configuration.

The reference sheet generator has been updated and is available at http://www.mcdee.net/elite/ It takes a copy of your custom binds file and generates reference sheets for you for both keyboard and HOTAS. Details of how to use it are available on the site.

If you find any problems with the files that are generated, would like another product supported, or have any general comments then please put them here. Thank you, and I hope that you find this useful.
    Oh Man, just WOW!

Rep for you sir for creating such a useful program!

This is great! Anyone care to share their awesome mouse/keyboard bindings which includes driving the buggy? I still have to set that one up.

Originally Posted by Ervig View Post (Source)
    This is great! Anyone care to share their awesome mouse/keyboard bindings which includes driving the buggy? I still have to set that one up.
    Note that if you allow the binds to be public when you upload them you'll be given a URL on the reference sheets you can use to share them, and even to download the binds file if you want.

Originally Posted by Ervig View Post (Source)

https://docs.google.com/presentation...f491eb8fc_25_0

check out slide 13 & 14. Purrfect

It looks really damn useful. I'd like to see the following supported as well

Thrustmaster Warthog
    Thrustaster Warthog Combined (ie, the virtual controller from TARGET).

Originally Posted by SnowGhost View Post (Source)

Thrustmaster Warthog
    Yes, the Warthog is probably the most popular controller that isn't supported at the moment. It's a bit gruelling due to having quite so many switches, but I'll try to put a template together in the next few days and see if the community can put together a mapping for it.

Now that's clever. I change my bindings more often that I change my underwear so this will save loads of paper (and time).

How about a "save to PDF" function?

Originally Posted by MAIN SEQUENCE View Post (Source)
    I considered whether to use PDF or image, and ended up plumping for a high-resolution image. As the majority of the template file is an image anyway it didn't seem to gain me much, plus handling PDFs with large images in them doesn't move very quickly in Python.

It should print out fine; let me know if you have any specific problems with it.

Oh wow. Awesome dude! Mods sticky this PLEASE! Or at least direct it to a thread with a collection of super useful posts!

Very Nice. Thank you for sharing!

Now that's clever. I change my bindings more often that I change my underwear so this will save loads of paper (and time).

You could always print it to a pdf file.

If you need a good free pdf creator, you could try NitroPDF
    https://www.gonitro.com/pdf-reader

NitroPDF

CutePDF will allow you to print anything to a PDF file.

Yes, the Warthog is probably the most popular controller that isn't supported at the moment. It's a bit gruelling due to having quite so many switches, but I'll try to put a template together in the next few days and see if the community can put together a mapping for it.

Thrustmaster Warthog
    There is a mapping and pdf documents provided on the Thrustmaster Warthog site accessible via the T.A.R.G.E.T software on its main page under downloads then select your device(s) etc. and down load all that you need including Pdf files etc. Elite Dangerous Warthog.fcf TARGET_User_Manual_ENG.pdf also use the "How do I?" options in the T.A.R.G.E.T software you can get images of all buttons to print out i.e. HOTAS Warthog Joystick and Throttle Buttons Names. When you get to the site via their inbuilt software link follow the option selection through to the last one select game settings then on that page you will see a file HWarthog_Elite_Dangerous it is a zip file about 1.08MB that will contain other info and a pre-set which you can later tweak to your on preferences.

Thrustmaster Warthog
    No need for Target unless you want macros.

https://www.mcdee.net/elite/binds/txctqc

I have an X52 with button 32 set to Flight Assist and button 31 is my chaff launcher. Your tool writes the Button 31 (Launch Chaff) in the box for Button 32 (and jumbles it with the Flight assist text). Button 31 is the silver thing next to the blue wobble stick on the throttle.

Name:  ecuvae-x52.jpg
Views: 2884
Size:  204.4 KB

Page 1 of 10 1236 ... LastLast