Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: [Distant Worlds] Join the FGE Exploration Wings

Hello CMDRs,

I have mostly been absent from FGE since the Vela Dark Region Expedition, and after a crazy workweek I find myself out of the fleet roster of DW.
    If possible I'd be happy to join any FGE members if possible in whatever way or capacity.

Fly safe and sincere hopes to see you in The Void. <3

Originally Posted by Aputsiaq View Post (Source)
    Hello CMDRs,

I have mostly been absent from FGE since the Vela Dark Region Expedition, and after a crazy workweek I find myself out of the fleet roster of DW.
    If possible I'd be happy to join any FGE members if possible in whatever way or capacity.

Fly safe and sincere hopes to see you in The Void. <3
    Welcome Aputsiaq!

We will be hosting a series of meetups. Please join us!

Corbin and me at Laika's Rest!

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING THE MEETUP AT LAIKA'S REST 16th JAN

For this meet up we will have people taking part that is on the primary DW fleet roster, some that are on the overflow roster, and also some that is not on any of the rosters.

This gives us a two challenges:

1) Instancing: We will be playing in the MOBIUS private group

We cannot use either the KAMZEL or PATRECLEUS private groups, since not everyone will be able to join them.

If you have not already joined MOBIUS private group you should do so asap.

2) Fleet comms: We will be using the original DW Team Speak Server (not the one for the overflow roster)

The FGE exploration channels are set up on this server - we did not anticipate that so many would join that separate servers would be set up.

If you do not have access to the original DW Team Speak Server you should send me (Corbin) a PM asap.
    We will try to find a solution but I can´t make any promises.

See you saturday 16th jan - 18.00 IGT - at Laika's Rest.

Meetup starts landed at the base camp.

Talking

Hi I am interested in the Fge meet up noob question ..Do I add my roster number and name etc at the bottom of the spread sheet ? don't want to mess up lol.

Originally Posted by johnthebivvy View Post (Source)
    Hi I am interested in the Fge meet up noob question ..Do I add my roster number and name etc at the bottom of the spread sheet ? don't want to mess up lol.

Yes - just go ahead and add them at the bottom

I sort the sheet after rooster number from time to time...

Originally Posted by Corbin Moran View Post (Source)
    Hello and welcome! Simply add your details to the google doc - and start adding all the people there to your friends list
    (This will help us all to get into the same instance.

I am starting to think that we SHOULD meet in open - rather than in a private group. Allready we have players who are not in the same private groups for Distant Worlds (being on separate fleet rosters). We might also have people joining on the day that is not member of Mobius group etc.

I don´t think anybody will be there to bother us at Shapley 1.
    Hello Corbin,
    Thank you very much for your reply and welcome.

I set off from Pallaeni with some new friends last night and am at Laika's Rest ready for the official launch of the expedition tomorrow night! I can't wait!

p.s. I've submitted a request to join the Mobius Private Group as per your latest post.

Thank you again and I look forward to meeting you in game.

Fly safe,
    CMDR kjkb1980

Hello CMDRs, thought I don't quite consider myself a n00b, I most certainly am reading all this DW expedition as though I have never played this game before. spreadsheets, TS servers, rosters etc. I mean wow guys this awesome. I really want to be a part of all this. I gots enough money to get me a ship with a great jump range, Im really looking to come along for the ride, maybe do some scouting and prospecting and help out, but the main thing for me is exploring new places in a wing with like minded people and a bit of COMMS for the company. Anyone else interested? or is there anything I can do?

PS how do I get my roster number lol

Hey, I hope its okay that I added my name to the FGE roster, unfortunately I came in late and don't have a roster number for DWE so I missed out on getting comms set up.

Hopefully there's still room to join the private group.

Fly Safe

Originally Posted by CmdrCanine View Post (Source)
    Hello CMDRs, thought I don't quite consider myself a n00b, I most certainly am reading all this DW expedition as though I have never played this game before. spreadsheets, TS servers, rosters etc. I mean wow guys this awesome. I really want to be a part of all this. I gots enough money to get me a ship with a great jump range, Im really looking to come along for the ride, maybe do some scouting and prospecting and help out, but the main thing for me is exploring new places in a wing with like minded people and a bit of COMMS for the company. Anyone else interested? or is there anything I can do?

PS how do I get my roster number lol

Welcome to the exploration wings CMDR

Some scouting and prospecting in wings with comms for company is EXACTLY what this is about!

If you have signed up for the Distant Worlds expedition in time you should have been assigned a fleet roster number in the DW main thread.

If not, you are still very welcome to come along for the ride

Hello All!
    Found out about this a bit late, so hope you don't mind if I tag along for the ride! CMDR name is Lord Flasheart (spelling mistake is intentional!), only at this since Xmas, so I'll likely be in the role of hapless noob / general millstone. I've made it to Shepley 1 at least, even if the landing was a tad bumpy... Hope to see you all out there.

FYI: Mobius is on vacation, so don't expect any group application approvals until Monday or so.

How do I apply for the group for when they return?

Originally Posted by t Khrist View Post (Source)
    How do I apply for the group for when they return?
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38362

Read down near the bottom for instructions.

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast