Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: [Distant Worlds] Join the FGE Exploration Wings

apply to the group and it will be approved when he comes back.

can you please write the names of the Systems where These Sightseeing objects can be found? i missed the Deadline for sign up. i cant join the These private Groups and i can't join the TS Server. But i want to be a part of this Journey and i liked to visit These planets. sry my english is bad and autocorrect does the rest.

Hi, CMDR Icobacca here. Was too late for the official sign ups but met some great CMDRs on Mobius whilst travelling to Laika's Rest.

Looking forward to the rest of the trip & have already signed up for the event later.

See you in the void CMDRs, fly safe.

Well i just added myself to the spreadsheet (hope that right). I signed up last night as i only heard of this last week and had to deal with a pet dying and was pre occupied. Apped to the MOBIUS group after reading up on it. Funny enough is i just got back from sagittarius a few days ago and didnt go out to beagle point due to a badly landing attempt.

Anyway, hope to be able to hook up with everyone and do some extra exploring/scouting with ya all.

/o fly safe

Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post (Source)
    can you please write the names of the Systems where These Sightseeing objects can be found? i missed the Deadline for sign up. i cant join the These private Groups and i can't join the TS Server. But i want to be a part of this Journey and i liked to visit These planets. sry my english is bad and autocorrect does the rest.
    Greetings CMDR

I will be adding a full list of systems and waypoints a few hours prior to the launch of this meetup (still working on it). Stay tuned

Hey Commanders!

I played the original Elite many, MANY years ago. Playing with my roommate on an Amiga in our dorm room was fantastic, so I can only imagine how much better traveling the galaxy with a group of people from around the world will be!

See you out in the Black!

CMDR Rau Mac
    Asp Explorer "Ouida"

Originally Posted by ullatec View Post (Source)
    had to deal with a pet dying
    Sorry to hear that. My condolences.

Looking for scouts to survey camp 2 and camp 3 ASAP

Greetings explorers - this post is especially for those scouts that have moved out in advance of the primary fleet..

Erimus has put out a call for us to scout the proposed landing sites for camp 2 (Lagoon Nebula) and camp 3 (Omega Nebula).

Send me a PM if you are in the general vicinity of these areas and would like to help out.

Your mission - should you choose to accept it - will be to go to the proposed planetary coordinates for the camp (I will provide these to you in a PM).

Once there you should verify that the site does indeed have some spectacular or highly noticeable surface features (it had so in Beta, but does it still?).

If the coordinates do no longer lead to a noticeable surface feature, you will be required to locate one such feature on the planet and provide the coordinates to this alternative location.

You will also be asked to provide a visual guide to landing - like the one prepared by CMDR Satsuma for Camp 1.

We need this done ASAP - preferable allready today (saturday) or early sunday.

Send me a PM if you are willing to accept this mission. That is all pilots.

Suggested route and waypoints for meetup 16th jan:

The description of todays meetup has been updated with these wypoints:

Laika's Rest - FINE RING SECTOR JH-V C2-4

This is where we meet landed at the base camp at 18.00 IGT. We will spend a little time getting sorted into wings. Experienced explorers that are also confident using the wing system will be asked to step forward. If possible we will try to have at least one experienced pilot in each wing. It looks like we may be 30+ people attending today, so don´t expect to all be in the same instance at Laika's Rest. We will coordinate on the team speak channels.

Once we are sorted into wings each wing is on its own. You are free to follow the suggested schedule here, or do what ever you please. I will jump a bit from wing to wing i TS to check in on each wing from time to time (which is also why I will not myself be running a wing).

Leda - PRAEA EUQ KS-J D9-14

A system sporting a pair of ELW in close and tidally locked orbit. The first planet in the system is landable and has an interesting crater at coordinates 16 / 94. This might be a spot for a bit of SRV driving.

Pandemonium - Praea Euq XK-O b48-0

Total of 3 binaries (stars,brown dwarfs and large gas giants), 2 binaries are very close together. As soon as you jump in you are surrounded by stars and gas planets, the 2nd binary are so close together the gas giant is almost touching the brown dwarf. (Thanks to CMDR Jaredd))

(wp) - PRAEA EUQ FI-B D13-27

This is just a well situated waypoint on the route towards 46 Upsilon Sagittarii. I have never visited this system myself - wonder if we will find anything interesting.

46 Upsilon Sagittarii - 46 UPSILON SAGITTARII

A blue supergiant star. The first planet in the system is landable and has some very dense rings. This planet might be the main event for SRV exploration on this meetup.

- this is probably as far as I will be flying today. If anyone is interested in hosting a meetup sunday or next week, this could be a fine meeting point for the rest of the journey towards Lagoon. Just make a post in this thread if you would like to host a meetup.

From here you can head straight "north" dirctly towards Thor's Eye and Lagoon Nebula. Or you can do a detour to visit a few other interesting places:

(wp) - BLEIA EOHN OI-Q D6-57

This is just a well situated waypoint on the route towards Cycladia.

Cycladia - BLU THUA GI-B B55-2

The first planet in this system is an ELW that sports a very beautifull double ring system. The inner rings orbit so fast it is visible to the naked eye.

Bug Nebula - CD-36 11341

A small blue nebula.

(wp) - SMOJAI DR-N d6-35

A waypoint on the route towards Thor's Eye.

Thor's Eye - THOR'S EYE

An interesting stellar cluster just "south" of Lagoon Nebula. Plenty of Black Holes and very bright stars.

Im gonna go ahead a little bit since my sleeping is a bit off right now. Just doing small 32ly jumps and triangulating everything for edsm. Ill probably only get a few of those POI's before the coma like sleep hits me. More then likely ill end at the 2nd or 3rd poi here. Had to run back to the bubble to fix a few minor dents and get some laverian brandy for the trip.

Hopefully ill get admited into the mobious group when he gets back so i can group up properly for these little jaunts.

I would have been at camp 2 area earlyer when you asked for scouting there but with talking to alot of pilots in open who are at base #1, i found out some of the nasty bugs with srv so went to pick up a 2nd one just in case.

Hey Corbin,
    Apologies if this is a stupid question but are we departing from Laika's Rest after the meet up at 6pm tonight or are we just meeting up, sorting into wings etc tonight and then departing with the main exploration fleet as scheduled tomorrow night?

I'm sorry if I'm getting confused! Thank you.

CMDR kjkb1980

Originally Posted by kjkb1980 View Post (Source)
    Hey Corbin,
    Apologies if this is a stupid question but are we departing from Laika's Rest after the meet up at 6pm tonight or are we just meeting up, sorting into wings etc tonight and then departing with the main exploration fleet as scheduled tomorrow night?

I'm sorry if I'm getting confused! Thank you.

CMDR kjkb1980
    We will be departing tonight. This meet-up is a little different than the ones we intend to host once we get further out.

Generally the idea with the FGE meet-ups is to stay within 300 or 500 LY of the camp, scout for interesting planetary locations, and then depart with the main fleet. So you are perfectly entitled to be confused, since this is not what we are doing this time.

I felt that Shapley 1 is so close to civilization, and we already have 700 people out there looking for areas around the camp, so rather than doing even more scouting, this one time we will do the meet up more as a trek towards Lagoon - and taking the time to do some detours to visit some sights on the way. This leg of the journey is actually one of the longer ones, so with limited game time it would be good to get some distance covered during the weekend.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

Originally Posted by Corbin Moran View Post (Source)
    We will be departing tonight. This meet-up is a little different than the ones we intend to host once we get further out.

Generally the idea with the FGE meet-ups is to stay within 300 or 500 LY of the camp, scout for interesting planetary locations, and then depart with the main fleet. So you are perfectly entitled to be confused, since this is not what we are doing this time.

I felt that Shapley 1 is so close to civilization, and we already have 700 people out there looking for areas around the camp, so rather than doing even more scouting, this one time we will do the meet up more as a trek towards Lagoon - and taking the time to do some detours to visit some sights on the way. This leg of the journey is actually one of the longer ones, so with limited game time it would be good to get some distance covered during the weekend.

I hope this clears up any confusion.
    Hey,
    That makes perfect sense! Thank you for taking the time to explain, it's much appreciated.

See you at Laika's Rest shortly Commander!

Just slammed my Asp into the planet and taken a load of damage. Heading back to Pallaeni quick for repairs. Really hope I don't miss you all. Please wait if you can.

Originally Posted by kjkb1980 View Post (Source)
    Just slammed my Asp into the planet and taken a load of damage. Heading back to Pallaeni quick for repairs. Really hope I don't miss you all. Please wait if you can.
    If you end up late you can allways cut a corner and head directly towards 46 Upsilon Sagittarii - thats gonna save you at least 600 LY compared to the route we will be taking (but you wont get to see Leda). Just stay in touch and we will figure something out.

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast