Page 1 of 59 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 881

Thread: ED ToolBox - A companion app

  1. #1

    ED ToolBox - A companion app

    What is ED ToolBox?

    ED ToolBox is web app that runs on the user's computer, allowing a virtually real-time updating of location based data. The user installs EDTB on their computer and accesses it through their web browser while playing the game, preferably using a second monitor to do this.

    Key features

    - Real time system and station data based on your in-game location (data downloaded to the user's system from EDTB server, which in turn gets its data from EDDB)
    - General & System specific captain's log (text, voice or both)
    - Two maps: Galaxy Map (using the ED3D Glaxy Map plugin) and a dynamically updating "Neighborhood Map", both showing your visited systems, points of interest and bookmarked systems
    - Map bodies in a system and get approximate value of system in Universal Cartographics. Also available online
    - Add Points of Interest and Bookmark systems
    - Find nearest system/station by allegiance, power, or what modules or ships they are selling
    - Screenshot gallery: screenshots automatically converted to jpg and categorized by the system they were taken in. Option to upload to Imgur straight from ED ToolBox
    - VoiceAttack module: Meet Marvin, the foul mouthed ship computer; get information about current system, closest station or latest GalNet articles with voice commands. Marvin really hates the Federation, so don't have any little kids or stuck up adults around when you're in Federation space. Or in Empire space. Or space. A quick demonstration of Marvin's capabilities on YouTube
    - A notepad for taking some quick notes
    - Add custom tables to the database and use the Data Point page to collect any kind of information imaginable during your escapades in the galaxy
    - Read latest GalNet news
    ... much more

    Screenshots

    For a full album of screenshots of EDTB's features, click here

    Download

    Downloads and instructions at: edtb.xyz



    Thanks for reading!

  2. #2
    Looks nice, but it's missing exploration log data. Not sure if that's something you want to support? Ideal would be if EDSM would consider adding more data to capture about each system as well.

    There's two separate things here:
    1) General exploration data (list of objects (and their relationship?) in system; triangulation for systems without a position)
    2) Prospecting data (types of materials found on a landable planet)

    I'd love to help test but unfortunately I'm offski tomorrow for a month. Will be keeping an eye on this though!

    Cheers,
    - Micha.

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by Micha View Post (Source)
    Looks nice, but it's missing exploration log data. Not sure if that's something you want to support? Ideal would be if EDSM would consider adding more data to capture about each system as well.

    There's two separate things here:
    1) General exploration data (list of objects (and their relationship?) in system; triangulation for systems without a position)
    2) Prospecting data (types of materials found on a landable planet)

    I'd love to help test but unfortunately I'm offski tomorrow for a month. Will be keeping an eye on this though!

    Cheers,
    - Micha.
    Forgot to mention in the op (now added) that you can add custom tables and store any kind of data you want.
    Trilateration for systems missing coordinates is also included.

  4. #4
    Yes please, would be happy to beta test for you. I have development experience in design and coding in c# & VB .NET, c++, python and several web languages. Just PM me and I'll get on it (can't work atm because awaiting back surgery so I have plenty of time too).

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by samuelb View Post (Source)
    Yes please, would be happy to beta test for you. I have development experience in design and coding in c# & VB .NET, c++, python and several web languages. Just PM me and I'll get on it (can't work atm because awaiting back surgery so I have plenty of time too).
    Great! I mean, not about the back surgery but great that you can help I'll compile a new installer in the morning and send you a download link.

    BTW the interface is plain old HTML+CSS+JQuery with a PHP backend.

  6. #6
    Heya, this looks like just the thing ive been looking for, ive been making my custom voice attack profile for a while now and i would love to help test this out, it seems like something pretty amazing. Thanks.

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by ZombieGeneral View Post (Source)
    Heya, this looks like just the thing ive been looking for, ive been making my custom voice attack profile for a while now and i would love to help test this out, it seems like something pretty amazing. Thanks.
    Hi!
    Here's a SFW video of "Marvin" at work to give you an idea of what it can do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2yixjcuiFQ
    I'll compile a new installer today and send you a link.

  8. #8
    Hmm, also interested in playing around with this. Just moved to a new Imperial Cutter so I've been "populating" the EDDB pretty heavily as of late lol. And with the limited jump/trade range need all the assistance I can get.

    Nice job!
    Commodore C=64 "Elite" player from 1984... Still got my store receipt!

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Thorvald View Post (Source)
    Hmm, also interested in playing around with this. Just moved to a new Imperial Cutter so I've been "populating" the EDDB pretty heavily as of late lol. And with the limited jump/trade range need all the assistance I can get.

    Nice job!
    Awesome, private message incoming!

  10. #10
    Do you have to run this on the same computer that's running the game, or can we use a different device (tablet, laptop, etc.)? I play fullscreen and don't want to continuously alt-tab out. I'm currently playing around with AndDiscovered so I can use my tablet. I'd like to try yours, but if it needs to run on the gaming machine, I'll have to pass...
    Current Rig:
    GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
    Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
    NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
    Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by AH_ImADot View Post (Source)
    Do you have to run this on the same computer that's running the game, or can we use a different device (tablet, laptop, etc.)? I play fullscreen and don't want to continuously alt-tab out. I'm currently playing around with AndDiscovered so I can use my tablet. I'd like to try yours, but if it needs to run on the gaming machine, I'll have to pass...
    The program itself runs on the same computer as the game, but since it's essentially a website you can access it from any device that's connected to the same modem. Personally I use a second monitor and a raspberry pi.

  12. #12
    Ah. I'd give a whirl then. I'll play around with it and give you some feedback...
    Current Rig:
    GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
    Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
    NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
    Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

  13. #13
    Hey Walter,

    I am interested in trying this. I downloaded it and installed it. After starting the program and right clicking Open ED Toolbox I get the following error.

    "Aestan Tray Menu

    Could not execute menu item (internal error)
    [Exception] Could not execute run action:
    The system cannot find the file specified"

    I had an error installing originally then went back and installed 32bit version of Visual C++ Redistributable Package 2015. Uninstalled then reinstalled the program. Same issue. The icon in the taskbar is blue. Any help would be appreciated.

    Additional notes:
    Game not installed on "C" Drive (on different drive then OS)
    Program not installed on same drive game is on.

    [Update] Fixed: I uninstalled and reinstalled a 3rd time, this time not giving a directory for screenshots. It seems to now be working.

    Thank you

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by Wiggin38 View Post (Source)
    Could not execute menu item (internal error)
    [Exception] Could not execute run action:
    The system cannot find the file specified"
    Did you remember to specify your web browser when installing? This error occurs when the program can't find the browser executable.

    EDIT: But great that you got it working Let me know of any bug you find and features you'd like to see.

  15. #15
    Even though i enabled verbose logging i cant get location info and couldn't figure out why. I'm doing something wrong but i don't know what it is

Page 1 of 59 1234511 ... LastLast