Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Customer Support over Christmas

1. This is the last staff post in this thread. #1

Customer Support over Christmas

Hi everyone.

It’s the most wonderful time of year! Christmas is around the corner & Elite Dangerous: Horizons has landed. The support team have been hard at work since Black Friday helping to support each and every last commander who has submitted a ticket to us.

The Black Friday sale alone brought in hundred-of-thousands of new players to the game who we’ve been helping out & the Horizons launch brought a whole host of new things to resolve. We’ve been answering each ticket and tracing these issues to their source to help improve your Elite Dangerous: Horizons experience.

As such, we have many of your burning questions in our ticketing system and we’re keen to get back to every last one of you. At the time of writing this our average response time is roughly 4 days; some tickets may take a little longer.

You’ll be glad to know that the support team will be here to respond to everyone, 16 hours a day across the festive period with extra hands on deck in the team. Some of you will even get responses on Christmas Day/Boxing Day; support stops for nothing, not even Christmas!

We’re still handling all of your issues personally. If you’re waiting on a response, we will get back to you in good time. We hope to start improving our response times as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, we have our fantastic ED forum & reddit communities that could help you out while you wait. If you do find an answer, you can close your own ticket which would help tremendously.

Have a great holiday, everyone.

Sam Warren
    Customer Support Manager

Great team of support and good luck in front of this immense influx of tickets. And Happy Christmas nevertheless in this chaos !

There are not many support services that are willing to work over the Christmas period, so good work FD.

Really enjoying EDH on my week off work. w00t!
    Asp Explorer - Goblin Wyrd
    Beluga Liner - Tomothy's Tail
    Fer-De-Lance - Dermy Bud
    Type-9 Heavy- Friars Keep

BEST SUPPORT TEAM!! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

You guys and gals just do not get enough credit.

CMDR Britain
    The Thargoids are not the enemy
    "Alien archeology and other mysteries" archive | YouTube | Images/Audio

Anyone know how long it should take from ordering an account to getting the authorisation code? It's been 30 hours and still nothing though the order is showing as complete. Wanted to get a second account set up for Christmas so we can have multiplay at home with family.

Premium Beta Backer running i5 3570K 3.4Ghz, Win 7 Pro, MSI GTX 970 4GB GDDR5, 12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz, Crucial M500 240GB SSD, Corsair CX600 Power Supply.

Originally Posted by Gelegeus View Post (Source)
    Anyone know how long it should take from ordering an account to getting the authorisation code? It's been 30 hours and still nothing though the order is showing as complete. Wanted to get a second account set up for Christmas so we can have multiplay at home with family.
    Fairly certain it's an automated process so shouldn't take that long. ISTR when I've ordered the code came within 5 mins. Checked your spam/junk folders? Sure you're checking the email address you used to order? Failing that you'll need to raise a ticket I guess.

Originally Posted by MAIN SEQUENCE View Post (Source)
    Fairly certain it's an automated process so shouldn't take that long. ISTR when I've ordered the code came within 5 mins. Checked your spam/junk folders? Sure you're checking the email address you used to order? Failing that you'll need to raise a ticket I guess.
    Got the order acknowledement email with order number, can see that I can now download the game (which I already have for my other account). I am using the same email address as my main account, just missing where I can create new account/cmdr.

Guess I will be waiting the 3-4 days for the support ticket to be read.

Premium Beta Backer running i5 3570K 3.4Ghz, Win 7 Pro, MSI GTX 970 4GB GDDR5, 12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz, Crucial M500 240GB SSD, Corsair CX600 Power Supply.

I am using the same email address as my main account
    The account is tied to the email address, so you needed to create a new Frontier Store account (using a different email address) before you placed the order. I made the same mistake when I ordered my 2nd account. I then had to create a new email address and support moved the account to that.

Got the order acknowledement email with order number, can see that I can now download the game (which I already have for my other account). I am using the same email address as my main account, just missing where I can create new account/cmdr.

I'm sure I've seen advice on the forum for installing 2 copies with the same email, well I could be wrong but search the forum or even post a new thread, if someone knows it'll likely be quicker than support due to all the new users.

To support - thanks for all your work, it's greatly appreciated.

EDIT I really should refresh the page before I post! Ninja'd again!

did you order the new game through a new account or via the current account? as each copy of the game needs to be purchased via its own individual account.. i made that mistake myself during the black friday sales.. if that's the case you will need to raise a support ticket.

as the game was coming off of the black friday sale, i asked for a refund. i was unsure how long the ticket would take, so decided to made another purchase via the new account.. i needn't have worried though, cs were right onto it!

ooh, reading another reply, they mention cs could move the transaction to another account for you.. that would pretty cool, and less hassle!

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

and thanks to support team for all the hard work.. merry Christmas guys.

Must say that I am very impressed with the excellent customer support received from FD over the last few days. Missus bought me Horizons for xmas but managed to buy it for herself and not as a gift. She sent the customer support ticket in on xmas day and within hours, Horizons was linked to my account and the support ticket resolved. Outstanding work FD, many thanks.