Page 372 of 376 FirstFirst ... 362368369370371372373374375376 LastLast
Results 5,566 to 5,580 of 5640

Thread: The Open v Solo v Groups thread IV - Hotel California

  1. #5566
    Originally Posted by That90skid View Post (Source)
    Wew lads. 2.4 is gonna be exciting!
    Indeed - then FX'17 after that.

  2. #5567
    Originally Posted by Robert Maynard View Post (Source)
    Indeed - then FX'17 after that.

    What is FX'17, just curious?

  3. #5568
    Originally Posted by Dietger View Post (Source)
    What is FX'17, just curious?
    https://expo.frontier.co.uk/

  4. #5569

  5. #5570

  6. #5571
    Originally Posted by PeLucheuh View Post (Source)
    Now regarding PvPers and what they want, i suggest you to stop your assumptions when you obviously don't know PvP community. We mostly want challenging gameplay and structured PvP activities with punishment and reward opportunities. We like ganking but we also love challenge (being gank) and fair fights :

    My issue here is PVPers not policing their own. You say the PVP community loves challenge and fair fights... yet that is not why people left open. People left open because of 4 on 1s, nuking traders, destroying ships with not even a chance at defending themselves. There is no challenge, no fair fight... just pure domination, and the "fun" of that gave you the Open that people complain is empty.

  7. #5572
    Originally Posted by Mouse View Post (Source)
    My issue here is PVPers not policing their own.
    Rules of engagement are set by FDev. We are just having a agreement on some point :
    - No combat log
    - No use of bugged heat cannon
    - No use of OP healing beams
    - Docking computer are KoS

    Originally Posted by Mouse View Post (Source)
    You say the PVP community loves challenge and fair fights...
    Yes : https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post5355253


    Originally Posted by Mouse View Post (Source)
    People left open because of 4 on 1s
    People who left OPEN did it for a lot of different reason. The 4 on 1 is a fake excuse, you just don't like Open rules and functionality.

    Originally Posted by Mouse View Post (Source)
    nuking traders, destroying ships with not even a chance at defending themselves.
    I have no concern for people who just complain because they are too lazy to use the chance they have to defend themself.
    This is what is interesting : https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...attle-with-SDC

    Originally Posted by Mouse View Post (Source)
    There is no challenge, no fair fight... just pure domination, and the "fun" of that gave you the Open that people complain is empty.
    There are challenges : unfair fight being one of them.
    About domination : should i feel bad for being way better than another player ?
    Btw remember it is a cutthroat galaxy and Open is far from being empty in hot spot (like any other big PG)

  8. #5573
    Originally Posted by PeLucheuh View Post (Source)


    The 4 on 1 is a fake excuse, you just don't like Open rules and functionality.


    I have no concern for people who just complain because they are too lazy to use the chance they have to defend themselves.
    Seriously... fake excuse, people just complain because they are "lazy" and don't defend themselves... taking a page from Trump now? People HAVE been attacked 4 on 1..... and if wingmanning allowed you to have 5 ships in a group people would be attacked by 5 on 1 as well. And how in the heck are people supposed to defend themselves when they are nuked and shields and hulls are gone in seconds? And your "cut-throat" open is why this whole discussion is going on... especially since if you look through the S.O.G. megathread you will find repeated attempts to force people into Open... why is that ? If there are so many people in Open that you can have such a good time, then why do some vocal PVPers keep trying to force the rest of us into a mode and style of play that we have no desire to go or participate in... or if we don't go then we should be cut out of the BGS.... This is the utter we've put up with.

  9. #5574
    Originally Posted by PeLucheuh View Post (Source)
    The 4 on 1 is a fake excuse
    I've been attacked 4 on 1. Didn't make me leave Open*, granted, but it certainly happens.






    * I am actually considering going to Mobius more, but for different reasons.

  10. #5575
    I have no concern for people who just complain because they are too lazy to work the BGS and nag about risk reward nonsense.

  11. #5576
    Originally Posted by Mouse View Post (Source)
    how in the heck are people supposed to defend themselves when they are nuked and shields and hulls are gone in seconds?
    If people wants to be able to defend themself maybe they should use defences at first...
    How do you explain a lot of people are doing trading/explo/combat in OPEN without getting nuked in seconds or complaining when others do ?


    Originally Posted by Mouse View Post (Source)
    And your "cut-throat" open is why this whole discussion is going on... especially since if you look through the S.O.G. megathread you will find repeated attempts to force people into Open... why is that ? If there are so many people in Open that you can have such a good time, then why do some vocal PVPers keep trying to force the rest of us into a mode and style of play that we have no desire to go or participate in... or if we don't go then we should be cut out of the BGS.... This is the utter we've put up with.
    Are you saying because i am a PvP oriented player i should agree and make justification about everything that has been said by other PvPers ?

  12. #5577
    Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post (Source)
    I have no concern for people who just complain because they are too lazy to work the BGS and nag about risk reward nonsense.
    Carefull though your making the confusion between complaint and statement but it requires common sens to understand that. I guess this is why you can't understand risk/reward concept

  13. #5578
    Originally Posted by PeLucheuh View Post (Source)
    About domination : should i feel bad for being way better than another player ?
    You're not "better" when you take a wing of combat ships and blow up Type 7s and 9s for no other reason than "you can".
    That's not being a "better" anything.

    Originally Posted by PeLucheuh View Post (Source)
    People who left OPEN did it for a lot of different reason
    While this is true, the main complaints seen on social media and these forums are "gank squads" as mentioned and for a lack of C&P system.
    Both of these are related issues, as folk run gank squads due to nothing being in place to deter them doing it.

    All this talk of "challenge" is utter rubbish, people who want that "challenge" don't defend ganking and don't expect Open to provide that "challenge".
    That's why we have Private Groups and CQC - so fair fights can be arranged for those who want a decent fight.

    Combat Ships and Wings in Open are not looking for anything fair or challenging, they are looking for easy targets.
    Same reason why it's the same names resisting suggestions of removing the hollow box - you don't want to work for your kills.

  14. #5579
    Originally Posted by Jockey79 View Post (Source)
    Same reason why it's the same names resisting suggestions of removing the hollow box - you don't want to work for your kills.
    I would love the hollow box to be removed. I doubt it will ever happen, though.

  15. #5580
    Originally Posted by Jockey79 View Post (Source)
    Same reason why it's the same names resisting suggestions of removing the hollow box - you don't want to work for your kills.
    Removing the hollow box would not stop players that are looking for players to target - there are other means of determining whether there is another player in one's instance.

    What removing the hollow box would also do is let those hunting other players hide in plain sight - and while a player might have no worries about interdicting / being interdicted by NPCs, dropping into an instance with another player may be an unwelcome surprise.