I was in Open the other day.

At Engineer bases.

And Achenar.

And I met...

..No one.

Lol

#OpenIsTheNewSolo

Literally, all modes are equal. They're all empty. Lol

I'm not saying "come to open", I'm just saying I went to Open, and found a large amount of nothing.

The last player I met was on September 8th. Lol

It would be kinda cool, if we could tell how many CMDRs are currently in any system (with a nav beacon), regardless of mode or even platform.
    Just so I can satisfy my curiosity. Lol

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Originally Posted by CMDR_Cosmicspacehead View Post (Source)
    I was in Open the other day.

At Engineer bases.

And Achenar.

And I met...

..No one.

Lol
    I was there too recently! But I was in Mobius. I actually saw some other people, lol.

Mind you, then I let a friend drive my SRV around the engineer's base for a bit (demonstrating VR), with the strict instructions not to touch the fire button. I go off and do something else for a bit, and when I come back I find that he's been shooting things up and has a 24 hour bounty on his head. It takes me an hour or so to run away from the base avoiding the weapons, and an Eagle follows me for 20km! My friend's excuse for ignoring my instructions was "But I presumed you'd be able to reset or reload?". Why would I emphasize not to shoot anything if that were possible, lol.

Originally Posted by Dietger View Post (Source)
    Same for us, after playing almost 30 years PC, we are happy, there is someone, we can avoid.
    Good to know the game works for people with differing personalities.

Cheers, Phos.

Originally Posted by CMDR Crank Larson View Post (Source)
    I was there too recently! But I was in Mobius. I actually saw some other people, lol.
    I feel Mobius is how Open should have been.

Busy ports, docking queues, systems buzzing with life.....
    I won't even touch a CG in Mobus, takes far too long to get docked (how's that for a complaint, first world problem ).

Mobius Group is what Elite: Dangerous was supposed to be in my opinion.
    We just need group admin tools adding and the max number of people in a single group increasing to limitless and it will be perfect

Originally Posted by Jockey79 View Post (Source)

I won't even touch a CG in Mobus, takes far too long to get docked (how's that for a complaint, first world problem ).

We just need group admin tools adding and the max number of people in a single group increasing to limitless and it will be perfect
    And fortunately it is not and has small drawback for allowing players to set their own rules and avoid a full multiplayer functionality.

Originally Posted by PeLucheuh View Post (Source)
    And fortunately it is not and has small drawback for allowing players to set their own rules and avoid a full multiplayer functionality.
    That's a feature, not a drawback - in my opinion, of course.

.... especially as multiple Open groups (modes) where the rules could be different to accommodate different play-styles were mentioned in the KS FAQ.

Yeah....no. if you're at a CG in Open there is always tons of traffic. The notion that Mobius is busier and players have to wait for docking is a fabrication from whole cloth. The only people who truly think Mobius is somehow more active than Open are those who play there exclusively and rely on forum hyperbole to inform them of what's going on elsewhere

Originally Posted by jasonbarron View Post (Source)
    Yeah....no. if you're at a CG in Open there is always tons of traffic. The notion that Mobius is busier and players have to wait for docking is a fabrication from whole cloth.
    From a per-instance perspective it's probably as​ busy.

(At a CG.)

Originally Posted by GreyAreaUK View Post (Source)
    From a per-instance perspective it's probably as​ busy.

(At a CG.)
    I have never noticed that. Every time I've swapped modes Open CMDR's easily outnumbered Mobius players.

Originally Posted by PeLucheuh View Post (Source)
    I sort of agree with both these statements, oddly. I think Mobius is how FD envisaged Open (a little naively, perhaps). But I also like having Open the way it is now. I like the added risk when I play in Open, but Mobius is for when I just want to fly around without any cares (which is how I normally want to fly). I like what we have at the moment.

I have never noticed that. Every time I've swapped modes Open CMDR's easily outnumbered Mobius players.
    Instancing has been really weird lately. At the current (or previous) CG I'd do a run (in Open) and get into an instance with loads of commanders. The next run I may as well have been in Solo - not a hollow square to be seen, either in SC or at the Station.

My Block list is empty.

Odd.

Originally Posted by Robert Maynard View Post (Source)
    That's a feature, not a drawback - in my opinion, of course.

.... especially as multiple Open groups (modes) where the rules could be different to accommodate different play-styles were mentioned in the KS FAQ.
    Yes choosing their own rules is a feature and the drawback the max member limit (as i see it)

Multiple Open groups already exist and i don't remember reading something saying anything about being limitless or not.

Yeah....no. if you're at a CG in Open there is always tons of traffic. The notion that Mobius is busier and players have to wait for docking is a fabrication from whole cloth. The only people who truly think Mobius is somehow more active than Open are those who play there exclusively and rely on forum hyperbole to inform them of what's going on elsewhere
    My earlier post probably gave the impression that I find Mobius busier than Open, but it isn't true. Open is definitely busier. Though around engineer bases and similar, I do seem to find more people when I'm in Mobius - I guess it's because people don't want to be attacked when they're busy engineering their ships (that's my primary reason for being in Mobius then).

When I'm playing PowerPlay around Cubeo, I'm often playing in Open - I see more players there than I do in Mobius.

i think mobius is how ONE of the open modes should have been... however i would have liked an open where piracy from humans was possible and bounty hunters could sometimes go after player pirates. however such an open one would expect to push pirates to the fringes, where they have their own bases (asteroid bases) and are not welcome in legal space. further more those role playing psychopath i would expect ALL parties to hate and this should be the hardest play style not the easiest.

but that ship i think has largely sailed.

Originally Posted by Mad Mike View Post (Source)
    i think mobius is how ONE of the open modes should have been... however i would have liked an open where piracy from humans was possible and bounty hunters could sometimes go after player pirates. however such an open one would expect to push pirates to the fringes, where they have their own bases (asteroid bases) and are not welcome in legal space. further more those role playing psychopath i would expect ALL parties to hate and this should be the hardest play style not the easiest.

but that ship i think has largely sailed.
    Isn't that what the C&P&K system should start to make happen? (well, apart from the fact that we have no idea what it's going to entail )

Page 372 of 378 FirstFirst ... 362368369370371372373374375376 ... LastLast