Page 306 of 306 FirstFirst ... 296302303304305306
Results 4,576 to 4,589 of 4589

Thread: The Open v Solo v Groups thread IV - Hotel California

Spoilsport...he was well and truly hooked too ^
    Going the right way in the wrong direction...or is that going the wrong way in the right direction?

A true lone wolf player...I live in the black.

Edit...ok so seems my first choice of ship name won't pass the filter, so I rename her "Wax Lyrical"

Originally Posted by verminstar View Post (Source)
    And if ye ever caught me in open, fer what its worth, I wont log or task kill. In saying that I wont stop running and when I cant run due to damaged whatever, Ill self destruct before I drop cargo

I have an extremely contrary nature and it sounds like itd be funny to see their face as they tried to figure out why ^
    That happens at times that a ship hits self destruct, I still get at least two loads via hatchbreakers, sometimes three. During a Rare Trade CG this is quite profitable, outside of a rare trade I'll still do it anyway as it adds up quickly, pulling a small amount over many fast encounters pays regardless and counts for CG.

The one thing I can't work around is cheating, if one really doesn't want to lose their cargo to player pirates they should just use solo, or Mobius if they want to wave at people.

Originally Posted by sewerratuk View Post (Source)
    Bit of advice, You are just fresh meat for the forum slaughter house, they will harvest as much salt from you as possible here because they feel that all pvpers just want to do that in game. Whether you want to role play a pirate doesn't matter to them, they will choose open and then log on you. The ironic thing is that they will also feel they have some sort of moral high ground while they rejoice in the salt mining. vOv
    Well duh, but what do you think I'm doing? This makes great fodder because of how much they cry, double so since I remove the excuse that I'm a murderhobo because the only time a trader dies to me was because they use self destruct. (With the one exception of a Python that rebooted his drives and rammed me, blowing himself up and inflicting paltry damage on my shields)

Originally Posted by Jason Lightning View Post (Source)
    That happens at times that a ship hits self destruct, I still get at least two loads via hatchbreakers, sometimes three. During a Rare Trade CG this is quite profitable, outside of a rare trade I'll still do it anyway as it adds up quickly, pulling a small amount over many fast encounters pays regardless and counts for CG.

The one thing I can't work around is cheating, if one really doesn't want to lose their cargo to player pirates they should just use solo, or Mobius if they want to wave at people.
    Whatever else, I wish ye all the best...with more players like you, open might be less intolerable, but...humans "shrugs"

Once upon a time I might have enjoyed the role play aspect and even played along...however my limited time in open left me so bitter that Id either just self destruct or simply walk away from the screen and let ye do what ye wish and make a fresh cuppa tea. Lets just say that the only place Ive met genuine pirates has been on the forums only Im afraid ^
    Going the right way in the wrong direction...or is that going the wrong way in the right direction?

Edit...ok so seems my first choice of ship name won't pass the filter, so I rename her "Wax Lyrical"

Originally Posted by verminstar View Post (Source)
    Whatever else, I wish ye all the best...with more players like you, open might be less intolerable, but...humans "shrugs"

Once upon a time I might have enjoyed the role play aspect and even played along...however my limited time in open left me so bitter that Id either just self destruct or simply walk away from the screen and let ye do what ye wish and make a fresh cuppa tea. Lets just say that the only place Ive met genuine pirates has been on the forums only Im afraid ^
    I play the role of nice pirate for three reasons, one because it's challenging to focus on the cargo but have a goal of not accidentally breaking the trader or letting them leave if they don't comply with the initial demand. Two because of the role play. Three because the salt I generate by being able to provide the perspective of that 'RP Pirate' people harp about but then get upset when I point out all the bad loadouts and cheating actions I see in Open.

I do blow up security CMDRs though, they always initiate the fight or declare they are hunting pirates in chat, and by and far they are very bad at this game. Not like I fly OP ship either, I use an Asp Explorer for pirating.

Combat logging is basically playing poker with stakes, then running off with your pot when the hand you have loses. You know the rules when you click open, logging off mid combat is a sign that you are afraid of playing the game fairly. Double so for taskkilling, which is a hard exploit that should be punished along with the others as FDEV have said they would do but haven't.
    It's a game, nothing in it about fear either. Don't want to be playing the game fairly, agreed. Can't be bothered to play the game fairly. Also agreed, but fear and cowardice? Nope. It's a game.
    1. My opinions are worthless, just like yours.
    2. To me tact and diplomacy are interesting theoretical concepts.
    3. If you feel insulted by what I post, tough!
    4. Read at your own risk

Putting the 'In' in 'Competent'.

I play the role of nice pirate for three reasons, one because it's challenging to focus on the cargo but have a goal of not accidentally breaking the trader or letting them leave if they don't comply with the initial demand. Two because of the role play. Three because the salt I generate by being able to provide the perspective of that 'RP Pirate' people harp about but then get upset when I point out all the bad loadouts and cheating actions I see in Open.

I do blow up security CMDRs though, they always initiate the fight or declare they are hunting pirates in chat, and by and far they are very bad at this game. Not like I fly OP ship either, I use an Asp Explorer for pirating.
    Piracy is tough. This guy in a Cutter basically dared me to destroy him, if I could catch him... Funny! [but sad! as well]:

Well duh, but what do you think I'm doing? This makes great fodder because of how much they cry, double so since I remove the excuse that I'm a murderhobo because the only time a trader dies to me was because they use self destruct. (With the one exception of a Python that rebooted his drives and rammed me, blowing himself up and inflicting paltry damage on my shields)
    Whatever man, you looked like you were losing. I'll leave you too it

A pirate with a sense of humour...I always lost my canopy when I used it against anything more aggressive than flying. Then again, Im probably not gods gift to combat either so Ill reserve judgement and just say I put mine to far better use. That build has no guns and a very D rated feeling about it...one likes to travel light.

Ive sat and listened to others on the forums who also play the pirates game and fully indulge the role play aspects...by and large thats very much something I can identify with and understand. Before this, I was a very cold and calculating machine who dedicated over 6 years and about 3 grand real life money to wiping out all organic life smart enough to invent a wheel. Before that, I spent almost 8 years in eve as a merc fer hire with a liking fer long term corp infiltrations with a view to destroying them financially from within. That had real world consequences, which is a measure of just how seriously some take the role play...so lets just leave that one there and assume I just know what role play is

I came to this game with what I think was an open mind having been someone with almost zero morals and a lifetime of making other gamers lives a misery, and found the most anti social, most mind numbingly boring playstyle ever invented was something I absolutely adore. But I do so love to listen to you guys sometimes when ye get right into the roles...ah the innocence of youth how I miss those distant days.

This game infected me with carebearism...I hate you all...Im off to my knitting class now gnite all ^

Hello Commanders

Other MMORPG have found solutions to the PVP vs. PVE problem, there is no need to reinvent the wheel. The following approaches work pretty well elsewhere:

Variant 1. No PVP in the open game, PVP is only possible at special locations designed for the purpose. The players enter these zones on their own decision. This has been done in GuildWars2 for example.

Variant 2. Consensual PVP only in the open, a player needs to activate the option "allow PVP" in order to be able to attack other players who have also activated the option. If the option is not activated, no PVP is possible for that player and against that player. There can be special regions, where the option "allow PVP" is mandatory and the pilots get a warning before jumping into that kind of system. This has been used in World of Warcraft for example.

Variant 3. Split the open in two parts, one where PVP is mandatory and one where PVP is impossible. The player chooses whether he enters the PVP or PVE realm. This is also an idea from World of Warcraft

Elements of the three variants could also be combined to find a suitable solution for this game. As a counterpart, we could get rid of the solo mode and the group modes.

My point is that the PVE players are forced out of the open as things are now. This is not a viable solution in my opinion. The community needs to stop to be judgemental towards players who don't like to get their ship blown up within a few seconds, while attempting to fly through a well frequented system. The goal for everyone should be, that if a commander encounters a fellow commander, she/he should be excited and happy about it.

Greetings

Robert de Vries

Yeah it's a game, stop getting worked up about losing non-existent cargo. Besides you are being hysterical over nothing, if you were a fuel rat and only had limpets I have no reason to pirate you, a quick scan and you'd be on your way.

If you don't like legitimate Open based gameplay then remember no one is forcing you to stay in Open.

So you feel I am worked up by pointing out how you and others get worked up even though it is a game, but don't feel you are getting worked up when someone, including me, combat logs and refuses to play the game how you want us to play it? Seems you are pretty worked up over it. And if you feel so strongly about it that they are "cowards" then I wonder how you feel about those that attack defenseless ships, attack single targets with wingmen, etc? Are they "cowards" as well?
    “In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” –The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Fuel Rats: http://fuelrats.com/ Mobius PVE: https://elitepve.com/ Hutton Orbital Truckers: http://huttonorbital.com/HuttonOrbitalNews.aspx
    Bacon Cats: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=172118

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post (Source)
    By the way: calling someone a coward because of a game is not getting worked up over nothing?
    Also he's not a coward for not wanting to be in open, but he would be a coward for combat logging as he implied he would.
    I repeat my question.
    Sits like a man, smiles like a reptile
    CMDR Alad Insane - Exploratory Plonker - Boldy faffing where no man has faffed before

Originally Posted by sewerratuk View Post (Source)
    Bit of advice, You are just fresh meat for the forum slaughter house, they will harvest as much salt from you as possible here because they feel that all pvpers just want to do that in game. Whether you want to role play a pirate doesn't matter to them, they will choose open and then log on you. The ironic thing is that they will also feel they have some sort of moral high ground while they rejoice in the salt mining. vOv
    This.

The safety word is "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch"

Originally Posted by Marra View Post (Source)
    This.

I think his and your comment are rather funny as when have PVers ever engaged in salt mining? If you look through the forums you will find countless times where others and myself had said we don't mind PVPers, are happy PVPers PVP, and want them to be able to PVP and have fun... but not at the expense of those who do not want to PVP. Yet many times the replies from the vocal PVPers is "get good", "suck it up", or other phrases and some include "salt" in them. Both side can have a blast in the game... problem is one side wants the other side to play with them and the other side does not want to play with them. Two opens one PVP one PVE... would do wonders.
    “In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” –The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Fuel Rats: http://fuelrats.com/ Mobius PVE: https://elitepve.com/ Hutton Orbital Truckers: http://huttonorbital.com/HuttonOrbitalNews.aspx
    Bacon Cats: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=172118

Page 306 of 306 FirstFirst ... 296302303304305306