Page 302 of 378 FirstFirst ... 292298299300301302303304305306312 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 5666

Thread: The Open v Solo v Groups thread IV - Hotel California

Solo people are bad and should feel bad for not cutting it in open.

Open people are bad and should feel bad for being a bunch of psychopathic murderhobos.

Group people are bad and should feel bad for having friends...filthy socials...I need a hug...

There, /thread.

Originally Posted by PotatoOverdose View Post (Source)
    Solo people are bad and should feel bad for not cutting it in open.

Open people are bad and should feel bad for being a bunch of psychopathic murderhobos.

Group people are bad and should feel bad for having friends...filthy socials...I need a hug...

There, /thread.
    Probably does actually end the thread.

Oops.

Originally Posted by Sonof Hibachi View Post (Source)
    Probably does actually end the thread.

Oops.
    You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Originally Posted by verminstar View Post (Source)
    The circular nature of this argument...if the number of players increase to a majority that end up being cut out fer open, then perhaps open is not cut out fer the players. The perception being that the murder hobos outnumber the simple pirates...whether thats accurate or not really isnt the point, its accurate enough to have forced a great many players out of open and something needs to change to redress the balance.

The riddle that nobody can answer...how to make players happy to be the victim? Whats in it fer them? The role play experience perhaps?

Answer that and ye fix the problem and win the damsel at the last boss level ^
    I'm not shooting to kill traders, I'm doing actual piracy. If that is too much for someone I pull to handle then they shouldn't be in open, because it is an intended mechanic for players to pirate other players. Yet I make demands and get logged on, in one case I fully disabled a player, who didn't want to give up cargo despite his new predicament and logged after he realized I was taking it anyway via hatchbreakers.

Everyone always complains about the 'murderhobos', what I'm referring to was piracy.

Originally Posted by Jason Lightning View Post (Source)
    I'm not shooting to kill traders, I'm doing actual piracy. If that is too much for someone I pull to handle then they shouldn't be in open, because it is an intended mechanic for players to pirate other players. Yet I make demands and get logged on, in one case I fully disabled a player, who didn't want to give up cargo despite his new predicament and logged after he realized I was taking it anyway via hatchbreakers.

Everyone always complains about the 'murderhobos', what I'm referring to was piracy.
    So was I...I dont care what you do or why ye do it any more than ye care what I do...ye still havent solved the riddle.

How dd ye make players happy enough to enjoy being the victim? Making pirates happy would be more victims but whats in it fer those on the recieving end? I sympathize with genuine pirates because the murderhobos ruined yer playground and made it toxic, so how do ye entice players back? Theres no logical or financial reason to go into open and run the gauntlet unless ye just enjoy the thrill.

Have ye considered the possibility that most solo players arent actually avoiding the role playing genuine pirates by choice? That perhaps previous player encounters might not have gone swimmingly well?

Ah sure...maybe Im just not cut out fer open...Ill go back to what I was doin cos it looks like everything is normal and theres no problem fer me to worry about ^

Have ye considered the possibility that most solo players arent actually avoiding the role playing genuine pirates by choice? That perhaps previous player encounters might not have gone swimmingly well?
    Also possible is that some players regard Open as "anything-goes!" and make piratically pugilistic players into their very own emergent gameplay content

It's been done before - one person on Xbox was particularly absolutely notorious for it - and he got literally hundreds of people frothing at the mouth, giggling all the way as he enjoyed his own gameplay, and the complete hypocrisy of those complaining.

So was I...I dont care what you do or why ye do it any more than ye care what I do...ye still havent solved the riddle.

How dd ye make players happy enough to enjoy being the victim? Making pirates happy would be more victims but whats in it fer those on the recieving end? I sympathize with genuine pirates because the murderhobos ruined yer playground and made it toxic, so how do ye entice players back? Theres no logical or financial reason to go into open and run the gauntlet unless ye just enjoy the thrill.

Ah sure...maybe Im just not cut out fer open...Ill go back to what I was doin cos it looks like everything is normal and theres no problem fer me to worry about ^
    I'm having a hard time understanding whatever RP written accent your going with (Ye olde English?) but I really don't care if someone isn't happy with being pirated in Open. Regardless of how you phrase it piracy is considered a supported profession in Elite Open, an acceptable and interesting risk of being in a multiplayer environment. For quite a lot of Open traders it's the fact that Open isn't guaranteed safety that brings them, space trucking feels a little less tedious when you are paranoid. For others it's a matter of pride, that they fear no hurdle and willingly face challenge for fun (These traders I almost always have to disable to get them to drop cargo, but sometimes in the process they tell me how much fun they had attempting escape and cooperate quite happily.)

I can't make someone like Open piracy, to that crowd I'd rather they just not be in open because I don't want to go through another pointless interdiction where the target logs or taskkills on me when they are bested and I'm moving for cargo. It isn't misplaced intentions either, since most logs occur after I put out my copypasta informing the target of my intentions toward the cargo. Because it's not just a matter of 'murderhobos', there are a fair amount of players who use Open yet aren't willing to face consequences of being 'defeated' and having their cargo removed via hatchbreakers. Is that not 'legitimate' play for me to be the pirate?

This latter group of Open logging traders is who I don't respect, those that log on pirates even when they know it's not a 'murderhobo'. They don't belong in Open, Mobius is what they want

I really don't care if someone isn't happy with being pirated in Open.
    Reciprocally, other people really don't care if you are not happy with being unable to pirate them in Open.

Pirates who insist on guaranteed piracy gameplay with willing (or at least cooperative) participants don't belong in Open. Private Pirategroup is what they want.

Originally Posted by Asp Explorer View Post (Source)
    Reciprocally, other people really don't care if you are not happy with being unable to pirate them in Open.

Pirates who insist on guaranteed piracy gameplay with willing (or at least cooperative) participants don't belong in Open. Private Pirategroup is what they want.
    I'm not the one taskkilling or even menu logging when things don't go my way.

So I don't care if a person wants to roll play a pirate in a game. I also don't care to be that persons 'thrill of the moment content' so they can enjoy their roll play. I think it hilarious that some folks get upset when someone spoils their fun by logging out when interdicted. That's rich.

And apparently, most who play this game don't want to be someone else's content either, as evidenced by the numbers I've read about here on the forums.

I'm not the one taskkilling or even menu logging when things don't go my way.
    No self-respecting pew-pew salt miner does that either

Originally Posted by wrmiller View Post (Source)
    So I don't care if a person wants to roll play a pirate in a game. I also don't care to be that persons 'thrill of the moment content' so they can enjoy their roll play. I think it hilarious that some folks get upset when someone spoils their fun by logging out when interdicted. That's rich.

And apparently, most who play this game don't want to be someone else's content either, as evidenced by the numbers I've read about here on the forums.
    That's fine, as I can see by your badge you are a Mobius player, I'm fine with that since that way we both get what we want, I don't have to deal with someone who doesn't like piracy and you don't have to deal with competitive player environment.

you don't have to deal with competitive player environment.
    If someone has completely removed you from their gametime, suffers no unwanted effects or unpleasant interventions from you, and doesn't feel any particular need to interact with you at all on any level whatsoever, but is still agreeably gaming in their own time and subject to your own interactions with the BGS that may outweigh theirs - then that's not just dealing with a "competitive player environment" - that's winning it

Besides - many so involved in the "competitive player environment" display such inadequate connection quality or unacceptable lag - they simply need to git gud and purchase equipment that can adequately compete in a competitive player environment.

I've never bought a multiplayer game. Never will either. When gifted this, I was not going to install it until I read that it could be played in Solo mode. After a few months I heard about PGs and thought I'd try that. But that is as far as I will go.

This is likely my last multiplayer game. Just too many weirdos playing these games.

Originally Posted by Asp Explorer View Post (Source)
    If someone has completely removed you from their gametime, suffers no unwanted effects or unpleasant interventions from you, and doesn't feel any particular need to interact with you at all on any level whatsoever, but is still agreeably gaming in their own time and subject to your own interactions with the BGS that may outweigh theirs - then that's not just dealing with a "competitive player environment" - that's winning it

Besides - many so involved in the "competitive player environment" display such inadequate connection quality or unacceptable lag - they simply need to git gud and purchase equipment that can adequately compete in a competitive player environment.
    I don't care for the BGS or Powerplay, that competition doesn't affect me in the slightest. My only concern is that an open player can handle any curveball fortune throws at them without resorting to cheating or quitting. If someone doesn't like direct player competition and uses solo or private it actually works for me since I don't have to deal with interdicting them and having them log out on me because they couldn't handle losing virtual cargo.

Page 302 of 378 FirstFirst ... 292298299300301302303304305306312 ... LastLast