Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 42454647

Thread: Cobra Mk IV Owners Club

Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    He's messing with you.

You can't qualify for a Mk IV just by going to Colonia.
    You also don't seem to qualify for the Mk IV if you buy Horizons now.

I've fitted a mk. IV as a smuggling / surface ops ship. It's good for the odd black ops mission. The Shadowheart is a stealthy crime ship that's beefy enough for its size to hull tank.

Also, a single dispersal shell cannon turret on the top center hardpoint essentially gives this thing perma-chaff for when not in silent running. All while not losing firepower compared to it's MK III cousin.

Still, the speed leaves something to be desired.

Un1k0rn
    I dont care as I have one anyhow, just thought it might be "nice" if that was the case, but seeing as how FDev love to not panda to players needs it will likely never happen.

Originally Posted by rlsg View Post (Source)
    You also don't seem to qualify for the Mk IV if you buy Horizons now.
    Correct. It's been and gone.

It's a dead horse now.

I like horses so I let RIP as much as possible.

I'm back in the MK IV and kicking Thargoid !!! Scouts are dieing left right and centre.... next task is solo'ing a cyclops just with AX weapons as I don't have guardian stuff unlocked yet.

Have i mentioned that I have 7 CM4s?

I took out a pirate lord earlier. A dangerous one in a Corvette. I didn't lose a ring.

The CM4 is love. The CM4 is life.

Mine is working out well in Colonia. It can do anything, except 200 tons of mining. It is just too slow at mining. More speed in normal space is still a weakness. It also has capacity issues with those pesky cargo depot missions.

My Python is now the mining ship. With so many pristine sites, it gobbles rocks like mad.

The Cobra 4 *is* the mini-Python. If only it had more speed and jump range....

I have built a mining only variant. It has three mining lasers on top, and a 3A refinery. 48 tons of cargo space. It's parked in a system with lots of pristine GG rings. It's a fraction of the rebuy on the Python.

Slow as "Soon", but it does the job. Plus, it can land on small pads. Nice for systems that pay better.

I like this thread mostly because as a Cobra Mk 4 owner, it gives me the opportunity to go "ner ner na ner ner" to the people that get all exercised about not being entitled to get one.

Originally Posted by TopCat160 View Post (Source)
    I like this thread mostly because as a Cobra Mk 4 owner, it gives me the opportunity to go "ner ner na ner ner" to the people that get all exercised about not being entitled to get one.
    I’m the opposite. I never understood that move. What they should have done was gifted a free CM4 to us and made them available to all. I’m guessing my POV is near universal in the playerbase (maybe a handful of detractors), yet fd has stuck to its stubborn guns.

Originally Posted by TopCat160 View Post (Source)
    I've just always had a softness for those things and people that nobody else likes. Like my brother.

Originally Posted by Ozram View Post (Source)
    Iím the opposite. I never understood that move. What they should have done was gifted a free CM4 to us and made them available to all. Iím guessing my POV is near universal in the playerbase (maybe a handful of detractors), yet fd has stuck to its stubborn guns.
    Or, stuck guns...

If they released it for everyone there would be even more complainer about how 'bad' it is. Note I'm not saying they shouldn't release it (I really don't care tbh)

I like flying ships that are generally ill thought of and making them work

Just done a bit more engineering and added some Guardian Modules to my Cobra Mk4 (Black Friday) and I am really getting back into flying it again.

Now I have a jump range of 35Ly, 540mj of shields and boosts to 395+.

Still have not settled on the best weapon choice, not sure if I should go kinetic on small HP and thermal on the mediums, or vice versa, but its fun trying out different combo's.

Currently using it for engineering material gathering and a bit of Bounty Hunting and mission running - after spending months exploring in my Conda, its a joy to fly something small and zippy again.

Originally Posted by Rebel801 View Post (Source)
    Just done a bit more engineering and added some Guardian Modules to my Cobra Mk4 (Black Friday) and I am really getting back into flying it again.

Now I have a jump range of 35Ly, 540mj of shields and boosts to 395+.

Still have not settled on the best weapon choice, not sure if I should go kinetic on small HP and thermal on the mediums, or vice versa, but its fun trying out different combo's.

Currently using it for engineering material gathering and a bit of Bounty Hunting and mission running - after spending months exploring in my Conda, its a joy to fly something small and zippy again.
    Try triple high yield dumbfire missiles (with a mix of experimentals) and have the med hard points as shield strippers. You’ll just love how quickly you can disable a ship once it’s shields are down.

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 42454647