Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344

Thread: Cobra Mk IV Owners Club

Originally Posted by CmdrKafka View Post (Source)
    Recently engineered a Cobra mk IV for non-lethal entanglements by using crytoscramblers. 3 small fixed crypto, grade 5 efficient with flow control, melt shields FAST, but do almost no hull damage (and you can fire forever without overheating). I then have two medium seeker Missile racks to finish the job if needed... I’m not actually a pirate, I just like building ships, but I think this would work well.
    Nice idea.... but it does involve a 4 week PP pledge.... maybe ill consider it later.

Originally Posted by Agony_Aunt View Post (Source)
    Nice idea.... but it does involve a 4 week PP pledge.... maybe ill consider it later.
    Did the pledge a while ago and stockpiled the cryto's..... here's my actual build of a hull tanked shieldless piracy cobra mk IV... https://s.orbis.zone/HT_DjLR4

Power management is somewhat of an issue for the FSD, otherwise this seems to work fairly well against larger slow targets that have shields you want to strip away and scare them into giving you cargo. It does not work well for PvP 1 v 1.... tried last night and failed against a FAS, escaping with but 1% hull.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344