Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 67

Thread: My new rares trading tool with 3D-Map: eliterares.toolset.io

  1. #16
    Nice work +1!
    No trees were harmed in writing this post. Several electrons were, however, mildly inconvenienced.

  2. #17
    I've bookmarked the site.
    Like tears of a unicorn lost in the rain...
    Member of DRX
    Xbox GT: V8UC UNICORN PC CMDR: Un1k0rn
    Cobra Mk III official Owner's Club: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...I-Owner-s-Club
    Flight System: Speedlink Quinox | MSI Z97 GAMING 5 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | MSI GTX 960 4GB | Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 GHZ

  3. #18
    Linked this thread over on the Xbox forum for those there that don't visit this forum.
    Like tears of a unicorn lost in the rain...
    Member of DRX
    Xbox GT: V8UC UNICORN PC CMDR: Un1k0rn
    Cobra Mk III official Owner's Club: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...I-Owner-s-Club
    Flight System: Speedlink Quinox | MSI Z97 GAMING 5 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | MSI GTX 960 4GB | Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 GHZ

  4. #19
    Originally Posted by happyfunball View Post (Source)
    Nice job. Feature request: ability to save and/or export route. Would be nice to be able to recall an old route and share routes with people.
    I was thinking of that same feature, too. Some linking thing to post or bookmarking your routes. I will look into that in the next days.
    It already saves your current route in localStorage (like cookies) and should be automaticaly loaded if you open the page in the same browser.

  5. #20
    Originally Posted by fjw View Post (Source)
    I was thinking of that same feature, too. Some linking thing to post or bookmarking your routes. I will look into that in the next days.
    It already saves your current route in localStorage (like cookies) and should be automaticaly loaded if you open the page in the same browser.
    Cool re local storage, but it'd be nice to be able to name them and recall different ones. For example, if I want different loops for different ships or something.

    By the way, I'm not sure if you're familiar with the Elite Rare Trader site. Unfortunately it appears the site hasn't been updated in almost a year, and yours is spiffier. They do have some nice features though that you might consider adding, like filters and recommended sell stations for commodities bought in the loop.

  6. #21
    Originally Posted by DNA-Decay View Post (Source)
    Works in Safari on an iPhone 5 under OS9.
    Congrats.
    Smart looking and useful.
    Thanks. But I don't think you got all features on the iPhone. Mouse positions are tracked by the mousemove event. I am not sure if ios fires these. Could be that you can't select stars...

  7. #22
    Originally Posted by happyfunball View Post (Source)
    Cool re local storage, but it'd be nice to be able to name them and recall different ones. For example, if I want different loops for different ships or something.

    By the way, I'm not sure if you're familiar with the Elite Rare Trader site. Unfortunately it appears the site hasn't been updated in almost a year, and yours is spiffier. They do have some nice features though that you might consider adding, like filters and recommended sell stations for commodities bought in the loop.

    Ah, this looks interesting. I also got a filter in my tool but in the end I didn't use it. But I will overthink this. My solution with coloring blackmarkets for example is sub-optimal. It would be better if i could use the standard coloring but filter out all non-blackmarket stations.

    Also the data I found in this forum has far more information than my old data. I wanted to look into some price calculation stuff. Like raw estimating how good a trade route could be.

  8. #23
    How is rares trading these days, do you still have to sit in a station for 10 minutes waiting for a decent drop because it only gave you 1t of your possible allowance?

  9. #24
    Originally Posted by Chaz View Post (Source)
    How is rares trading these days, do you still have to sit in a station for 10 minutes waiting for a decent drop because it only gave you 1t of your possible allowance?
    Different rares have different minimums, but yes, you get random allotment between min and max. That's why I like tools like this one. It lets you plot a route so you don't have to wait, you can just move onto the next one, or avoid rares with low minimums, or skip ahead if you get max allotment. I used Elite Rare Trader extensively to manage my route dynamically when I was doing rare trading, and I can see this tool being similarly useful.

  10. #25
    Great Work, Rep up CMDR

  11. #26
    Magnificent work, Cmdr! I spend a few hours last night tweaking a route which I'll try later.

    My only suggestion for an improvement is the ability to hide stars based on certain criteria, since I found myself flipping between the two drop-down options regularly, and I sometimes forgot and ended up having to start afresh. I don't know how easy or awkward it would be to do these:

    - only show systems between [a]Ly and [b]Ly from the currently selected system.
    - hide systems where the distance to station is greater than [c]Ls - this could be awkward, since there can be multiple stations in a system.

  12. #27
    Awesome work! Have some rep.

    One feature is missing though - An 'optimize route' button to reorder systems to reduce jump ranges.

  13. #28
    Superb work OP. Can we have a filter for the Ls distance of the stations? - pretty please

  14. #29
    Hi Wicz. Ich danke Ihnen. I've also bookmarked the page.

    Danke sehr.

  15. #30
    +1 rep! Excellent work cmdr .... Extremely useful
    "Take my love, take my land Take me where I cannot stand
    I don't care, I'm still free You can't take the sky from me."

    "Take me out to the black Tell them I ain't comin' back
    Burn the land and boil the sea You can't take the sky from me."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast