Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My new rares trading tool with 3D-Map: eliterares.toolset.io

Thanks for the feedback and the suggestions. I will look into these.

I just released an update. It is now possible to search for the most important systems which don't contain any rares ( ~ 30000 systems).
    I can't render these stars because it takes far too much performance but the cursor will move to the right position.
    It should be easier now to find nearby rares when you are in a normal system.

Very impressive! Immediately bookmarked it.

I'm using firefox and the mouse clicks seem to do nothing. Either on the map or in selecting a suggested name in the search bar.

I love this.

I have been working on a rares map myself, but it is a 2D route planner, not an interactive map. Designed as an aid more than anything else.

Your tool makes my life so much easier! For one thing, I can go around and liquidate my fleet of over 70 Sidewinders marking the Rares spots on my Galaxy map, I can use this!

AND, it means I can work on the Rares map AND play Elite at the same time, as I don't have to be in my own Galaxy map.

Originally Posted by fjw View Post (Source)
    Thanks for the feedback and the suggestions. I will look into these.

I just released an update. It is now possible to search for the most important systems which don't contain any rares ( ~ 30000 systems).
    I can't render these stars because it takes far too much performance but the cursor will move to the right position.
    It should be easier now to find nearby rares when you are in a normal system.
    It is now possible to search for the most important systems which don't contain any rares

On that point - this was something I was thinking of incorporating into my Rares map...

What type of systems were you thinking of, and how are they incorporated?

Top class job!

Originally Posted by Count View Post (Source)
    It is now possible to search for the most important systems which don't contain any rares

On that point - this was something I was thinking of incorporating into my Rares map...

What type of systems were you thinking of, and how are they incorporated?
    It was just out of performance reasons for me. First I was thinking of everything between -400 and 400 in x,y and z. But the count was just to big for my autocomplete box. Most of the systems had names like
    "Hyades Sector DH-Q a20-0"

My code looks like this (in aggdata.js):

// other systems
    var others = [];
    var bounds = 400;
    _.each(systems, function(s) {

if( !_.find(fulldata, function(f) { return f.id == s.id; }) ) {

if( s.x > -bounds && s.x < bounds &&
    s.y > -bounds && s.y < bounds &&
    s.z > -bounds && s.z < bounds ) {

var m = s.name.match(/\s/g);

if(!m || s.allegiance !== null || m.length <= 1 ) {

others.push({
    name: s.name,
    x: s.x,
    y: s.y,
    z: s.z,
    allegiance: s.allegiance
    });

}

}
    }

});

Which means I take all systems in 400ly and have population or if there isn't population (allegiance==null) then the name should contain no spaces or only one space.

Nobody searches for "Col 285 Sector BA-P c6-4" or "Praea Euq IL-Y c25". You would put in the name of the nearest system with a "normal" name, just because it's easier.

Still... these are a lot of stars (exactly 23264).... to much to render in 3d in the browser, but it works good in my autocomplete-box.

P.S.: My data-source for this is eddb.

Great tool.
    Question for the OP: Did you use the x,y,z coordinates from the wiki? If you did, some of them are not very accurate.

Originally Posted by Limoncello Lizard View Post (Source)
    Great tool.
    Question for the OP: Did you use the x,y,z coordinates from the wiki? If you did, some of them are not very accurate.
    Thanks.

No. Coords come from EDDB.
    I disabled all data from wiki. At the moment the list of rares comes from the rares-list thread (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...63119&page=171) which seems to be far more accurate than the wiki. This data is then matched by station and system name to eddb. So all information regarding the station and the system come from eddb and are automaticaly updated when i deploy a new version.

Update time!

I just released the stuff I was doing today and yesterday evening:

- some smaller color changes
    - layout changes & fixes
    - a new font for texts for better readability
    - displaying of suppressed and "often illegal" info
    - and most important: FILTERS

You can now filter several stuff. I removed the option for coloring "distance to star" because it's pretty useless now...

For the next steps I need some information, I am not sure if I understood the rares in elite correctly:
    When I enter a station where I can buy rares I only get a certain amount between supply rate min and max. After some time spawns additional stuff also between supply rate min and max as long as I don't reach the max caps. Now my question: Is this time between spawning goods always the same? Or is it a random time span?

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

P.S.: Be sure to empty your browser cache (CTRL + F5) when loading the site.

That's a great bit of work, have a bit'o'rep!

And I'd rep you again if I could for reminding me that I haven't been rares trading in a while...

Yes, I feel a rares and exploration trip coming on... I just need to stock up first on jaffa cakes, coffee, and maybe some wet-wipes...

...don't you just hate it when your joystick gets all sticky...

...erm...

...that's not a euphemism!

Just found this as I was browsing. Great work, added to favourites so I can check when ever I want. Kudos to you

Just a bit of info and maybe some UBUNTU knowledgeable person out there can help:

I have an old netbook which I use for various actions (Thrudds, forums, etc) while I am running E D on my PC. The browser on it is FireFox and the graphics from this webtool site won't run. I wonder if anyone knows how I can gain the functionality of this excellent web-tool in UBUNTU FireFox?

I can always alt-tab on the PC (where it runs on FireFox perfectly) but it is really convenient to have the netbook at the side of my desk.

Here's my list so far of illegal rares. (for Horizons anyway)
    Feel free to add to it!
    Leestian Evil Juice 39 Tauri, Fujin
    Eranin Pearl Whiskey Altair
    Kamorin Historic Weapons Vanayequi, Kinago, Eleu

and a useful general trading tool

https://eddb.io/

Just stumbled across this thread.

Great work Commander, look forward to using it.

Originally Posted by MalcYorks View Post (Source)
    Just a bit of info and maybe some UBUNTU knowledgeable person out there can help:

I have an old netbook which I use for various actions (Thrudds, forums, etc) while I am running E D on my PC. The browser on it is FireFox and the graphics from this webtool site won't run. I wonder if anyone knows how I can gain the functionality of this excellent web-tool in UBUNTU FireFox?

I can always alt-tab on the PC (where it runs on FireFox perfectly) but it is really convenient to have the netbook at the side of my desk.
    I actualy coded this thing on my ubuntu workstation (and used firefox as debugger). So definetly should work. (if you have a suitable graphics-card)

Your browser needs Web-GL. Try this on your notebook: https://get.webgl.org/troubleshooting/

Originally Posted by fjw View Post (Source)
    I actualy coded this thing on my ubuntu workstation (and used firefox as debugger). So definetly should work. (if you have a suitable graphics-card)

Your browser needs Web-GL. Try this on your notebook: https://get.webgl.org/troubleshooting/
    Thanks - I'll have more of a play about with it over the weekend.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast