Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SLYAIKS JG-N C23-1 (Circumnavigational ELW hunt)

SLYAIKS JG-N C23-1 (Circumnavigational ELW hunt)

CMDR Iain666 has let us know for awhile now of an unclaimed ELW at SLYAIKS JG-N C23-1. It gave me a good reason to head out that way...so off I went. After finding 8 additional untagged ELWs on my own, I finally reached the system. I left the world undisturbed, and just lingered in orbit for a moment. Seemed the classy thing to do. I shall begin my circumnavigation this evening...

After 2 days of wading through mostly red and brown dwarfs, I finally made it to the end of the outer arm, and was greeted by 2 ELW back to back...

Another day, another ELW. This one was found using what I like to call the "blind squirrel and acorn method" F & G star density is still too low to do any kind of real search...

Excellent finds!

When I went to the Outer Arm I had a move a bit farther downstream before finding a spot to cross over from Perseus. I probably should have looked harder.
    Commander Fen Harel, Imperial Duke
    Dangerous / Tycoon / Elite
    Supporter of Emperor Arissa Lavigny-Duval

You should add them into list of ELW thread
    People assume that time is a strict progression from cause to effect. But actually it is more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff

3 more ELWs. Star density is slowing improving, and I can almost travel solely on F & G's again. With 1355 jumps and 18 found, I'm still averaging 1 in every 75 jumps.

Ran into a permit required sector (BOVOMIT) and found 6 more ELWs.

With these last few ELWs, I have found more on this first leg of my trip, than I did on my entire first crossing to the far rim and back.

Ran into another permit required sector (SIDGOIR) and 4 more ELWs.

Seems like you've hit a gold mine of ELWs...
    Frawd
    Cmdr Frawd Digger...247 days to Beagle Point and back in a Sidewinder
    First Sidewinder past 65,000LY. First Sidewinder to Beagle Point

Voyage Logs: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ore-in-a-Sidey; https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...rim-in-a-Sidey

It's all in how you go about looking for them Frawd. I'm constantly refining my method. Just blindly travelling, taking whatever the nav plot decides, I averaged about 1 ELW for every 230 jumps. Manually plotting each and every jump (which I have to do anyway with a 3 jump 16t tank) I can passively search as I travel and my average drops to 1 in 80 jumps or so. I have several "active search" modes, depending on star density, which lowers that to 1 in 60 or so....but even with that, you have to have volume. I have found 34 so far on this expedition, and have made 2530 jumps, in 11 days.

Originally Posted by CMDR CHIGGY VONRICTOFEN View Post (Source)
    It's all in how you go about looking for them Frawd. I'm constantly refining my method. Just blindly travelling, taking whatever the nav plot decides, I averaged about 1 ELW for every 230 jumps. Manually plotting each and every jump (which I have to do anyway with a 3 jump 16t tank) I can passively search as I travel and my average drops to 1 in 80 jumps or so. I have several "active search" modes, depending on star density, which lowers that to 1 in 60 or so....but even with that, you have to have volume. I have found 34 so far on this expedition, and have made 2530 jumps, in 11 days.
    I swear if I see your name attached to another rare... I will do nothing but yell at the screen again... lmao. If we divide up the galaxy into quadrants, you are a beta quadrant hero.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast