Page 64 of 71 FirstFirst ... 59626364656669 ... LastLast
Results 946 to 960 of 1061

Thread: Rear Admiral's lounge

  1. #946
    You have to wonder why this ship does not have a better jump range. It is so multipurpose that it simply makes no sense. The argument it would be too good is void because is behind a rank wall.
    Love the warwagon.

  2. #947
    Originally Posted by Ddraig View Post (Source)
    You have to wonder why this ship does not have a better jump range. It is so multipurpose that it simply makes no sense. The argument it would be too good is void because is behind a rank wall.
    Love the warwagon.
    I really do wonder about that, and some of the other decisions used in making this game.

    Some really screwed up logic was used to define the ships, none of which would exist in the real world. For example, a larger ship would have more room for more powerful internals like PP, PD, and a FSD. IMO large ships should travel FARTHER than smaller ones. But not faster. And don't even get me started on that 'magical mystery bus' the Anaconda. Sheesh.

    It could be a British logic path I'm not familiar with.

  3. #948
    Originally Posted by Silaz View Post (Source)
    I was going to post this separately, but it's probably more appropriate here.

    I had had a go on the Corvette back in a previous beta. And I didn't really like it in combat. Those medium hardpoints just can't work for me, unless they are fitted with gimbled weapons, which I dislike. Also, the positioning of most of the hardpoints are very disappointing to me. So I will still prefer my Anaconda for large ship combat duty.

    But I so like the design of the ship, I don't love it, but I don't really love any of the ships' designs in this game. So it's not so much about their aesthetics, it's more about what the ship can do for you.

    So of course, the Corvette to me now, is naturally, the most competent and appropriate vessel, for deep space mining expeditions in hostile environments.

    That's what those medium hardpoints are for; gimbled mining lasers.

    I have set myself the target of engineering the following build, which I present to you for open criticism:

    https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/fede...20%5BMining%5D

    I will be picking up a bunch of prismatics today, but all that's left to do here is max out the SB's, and maybe later upgrade to an APA next month.

    The Are we there yet? has a very respectable jump range, for a mining freighter. And is fully equipped to deal with a range of potential problems.
    I also sometimes rig my Corvette for mining. In your case I would do away with 32ton of cargo and add another 5a rated Collector limpits. Is there any reason you have a 3A rated Prospector unit. I personally have never found them any good and prefer the 1A, too easy to lose your bearings with the 3A and the way the collectors are working now it is very easy to set up new targets while the collectors are finishing up.

  4. #949
    I hate mining but with advice in another thread https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/416347-Mine-faster?highlight=mine I did this to unlock Seline Jean who required mined mats:
    In my Corevtte I Fit 2xC1 and 2xC2 mining lasers. Rest left with guns for defense. Those 4 mining lasers obliterate the rocks so fast its so efficient.
    Fit 1 A class prospector and 2x 5A collector limpet controllers.
    Send prospectors out to read content and then blast chosen asteroids to depleted in under 30 seconds then release 5 collectors at a time to fill up your hold. I mined 500T so fast it was amazing. With 7A shields and HD boosters I literally sat motionless with cargo hatch open and blasted away NPC Pirates with the 2xC4s and C3 guns.
    In open against Cmdr pilots I would not do this of course.

  5. #950
    Here it is, my Corvette. In keeping with my tradition of naming my ships after Steely Dan songs, it's called Darkling Down (Walter Becker solo album). I never thought I'd love a large ship, but I love this ship. I just finished getting my eight Guardian module blueprints, so I'm going to fit it with at least one, possibly two Guardian FSD boosters when they are released.


  6. #951
    Well still working on upgrades for my vet, only play in solo. But she is starting to get there (FSD, Thrusters, Shields, Power Plant And Power Distribution are fully upgrades) working on boosters and Hull at the moment. Hull is at 4,100 and shields are at 4,700, still a bit more work to do on them. Weapons and sensors are also being worked on lol.

    The only real problem I have so far is when I go and try a different ship again, I normally end up selling it nearly strait away lol. But that's the life of a Vet CMDR lol.

  7. #952
    Originally Posted by FireStorm-X View Post (Source)
    Well still working on upgrades for my vet, only play in solo. But she is starting to get there (FSD, Thrusters, Shields, Power Plant And Power Distribution are fully upgrades) working on boosters and Hull at the moment. Hull is at 4,100 and shields are at 4,700, still a bit more work to do on them. Weapons and sensors are also being worked on lol.

    The only real problem I have so far is when I go and try a different ship again, I normally end up selling it nearly strait away lol. But that's the life of a Vet CMDR lol.
    My 'vette is the only ship that I have not bought and sold at least once. Never once considered selling it. Have fun cmdr, o7.

  8. #953
    I love the Corvette. But sometimes I need to do things on my Vulture.

  9. #954
    Well, just about finished my second Corvette. I put two huge beams on it...
    Hilarious. I should have tried it ages ago.

  10. #955
    Originally Posted by Speedcuffs View Post (Source)
    Well, just about finished my second Corvette. I put two huge beams on it...
    Hilarious. I should have tried it ages ago.
    Are they a bank of multiple weapons like the multicannons?

  11. #956
    Originally Posted by Spacecat View Post (Source)
    Are they a bank of multiple weapons like the multicannons?
    Yes, four in a cross shape.
    Had acouple of hours in the hazres at T'iensei, it works very well, doesn't kill 'condas as fast as the MCs, but on small ships it's ridiculous.

  12. #957
    O7, CMDRs! Just made Rear Admiral today, and purchased myself a Corvette. Named 'Dashing Dillettante,' it does have most modules engineered up (due to me having prepared modules during the bonus weekend), but not to the absolute maximum. It'll be fun to test it out in combat and see how it performs.


  13. #958
    Originally Posted by Speedcuffs View Post (Source)
    Yes, four in a cross shape.
    Had acouple of hours in the hazres at T'iensei, it works very well, doesn't kill 'condas as fast as the MCs, but on small ships it's ridiculous.
    True, the huge beams take an extra 30 seconds or so against a 'conda, but I see so few of them it really doesn't spoil the fun. If I get impatient I switch to 2/0/4 and hit them with everything (huge beams and MC everywhere else) at once. Or I just put four pips to sys and ram it after stripping it's shields.

    Depends on what I feel like at the moment.

  14. #959
    I don't see the Problems with the Huge Beams.
    I kill with my Beams much faster than with my MCs, just because they have a really hard time against shields. And the Rails on nose + the PAs on the side kill the Hull so fast, I don't see that Huge MCs could speed this remarkable up. And for the small stuff, the Beams are good enough.

  15. #960
    Honestly, I spend that much time ramming, I would really appreciate huge frags.

Page 64 of 71 FirstFirst ... 59626364656669 ... LastLast