Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 65686970
Results 1,036 to 1,047 of 1047

Thread: Rear Admiral's lounge

Originally Posted by Speedcuffs View Post (Source)
    Wrong thread.
    Yea, sorry about that. More than a bit OT on my part. I will do better.

Originally Posted by PublicWifi View Post (Source)
    Took me a lazy week to move from Warrant officer to Rear. Grabbed my Vette last night. I'm not sure how heat would be on that build overall, but the 7A SCB was cooking me alive. I ended up equipping 2 heatsink launchers.
    This is with an A-rated power plant and distributor, I assume? Balls. Thanks for the advice.

I have A-rated PP and PD, with the PP being G4 overcharged with thermal spread, and the PD being G5 weps focused w/cluster caps. I fire two 7A SCBs (specialized G3 Boss Cells) for one heatsink.

I know the SCBs have reduced thermal load, but if fired without a heatsink they will overheat the ship to some degree unless I am firing my huge beams at a target (thermal vent).

Are you saying that non-engineered, A-rated PP and PD are more susceptible to heat damage?

Originally Posted by wrmiller View Post (Source)
    Are you saying that non-engineered, A-rated PP and PD are more susceptible to heat damage?
    I was under the impression that A-rated PP and PD increased the rate at which you lost heat.

Originally Posted by Acalanthis View Post (Source)
    I was under the impression that A-rated PP and PD increased the rate at which you lost heat.
    I was as well, which prompted the question. Maybe I read that post wrong.

I will say that this G4 overcharged PP that I have (to support my beams and SCBs) DOES mean that I have to be a bit more cautious when fuel scooping though.

Originally Posted by Speedcuffs View Post (Source)
    Wrong thread.
    EDIT: Yeh, sorry, that was a bit snappy and abrupt.
    Not at all my post was in response to wrmiller's answer to Satakuua in post number 1033

I am pretty sure I would not do well in open, even against 'honest pirates'. My first inclination when interdicted by NPC pirates is to blow them out of the sky. Which is why my mission runners have always been armed. But in open I'd have to have a full PvP capable ship in order to do that and that leaves little room for mission cargo. Kinda defeats the purpose of even attempting mission running in open. The flip side of that, is that and I'm not really interested in destroying other player's ships or stealing their cargo. Just doesn't do anything for me. Heck, my best ship, my vette, likely wouldn't last 2 minutes against a PvP ship. What fun is that?

If you ever do try Mobius PvE, you know where I hang out. I'll even throw out a 'o7'. But above all, have fun.

Originally Posted by Acalanthis View Post (Source)
    This is with an A-rated power plant and distributor, I assume? Balls. Thanks for the advice.
    This is my work-in-progress multi-crew build. I'll be switching to a 7A SCB and a 6A as backup while moving to a 6X fuel scoop. I still hit around 135% heat when I don't pop a heatsink. I haven't engineered SCB's yet, but I would imagine a reduction in thermal load would help out quite a bit.

I took an extended break from ED. Recently engineered my Vette from 1200mJ~ 7C bi-weave to where it's at now. I'm probably at a point where I could survive with 1 heatsink launcher and craft ammo as needed. It's just easier to have 2 onboard when someone is sitting in the gunner's seat.

This is my work-in-progress multi-crew build. I'll be switching to a 7A SCB and a 6A as backup while moving to a 6X fuel scoop. I still hit around 135% heat when I don't pop a heatsink. I haven't engineered SCB's yet, but I would imagine a reduction in thermal load would help out quite a bit.

I took an extended break from ED. Recently engineered my Vette from 1200mJ~ 7C bi-weave to where it's at now. I'm probably at a point where I could survive with 1 heatsink launcher and craft ammo as needed. It's just easier to have 2 onboard when someone is sitting in the gunner's seat.
    Nice. Suggestion? If you downgrade the fuel scoop and fighter hanger, you can put some serious SCBs in that thing. I fire two SCBs for every heatsink, giving me three 'shield reloads'. But if I'm firing my G5 efficient beams at a target, my ship cools down enough to fire a SCB without a heatsink when necessary.

https://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_c...%20War%20Wagon

I don't multi-crew, but I could change out a MC or two to turreted if I ever find someone I trust to play with.

Originally Posted by wrmiller View Post (Source)
    Nice. Suggestion? If you downgrade the fuel scoop and fighter hanger, you can put some serious SCBs in that thing. I fire two SCBs for every heatsink, giving me three 'shield reloads'. But if I'm firing my G5 efficient beams at a target, my ship cools down enough to fire a SCB without a heatsink when necessary.

https://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_c...%20War%20Wagon

I don't multi-crew, but I could change out a MC or two to turreted if I ever find someone I trust to play with.
    I plan on shuffling around in favor of 7A SCB's. 6A's are terrible after engineering for shield strength. I lose out on a good number of fighters by downgrading hangars. Fighters go quick in conflict zones.

I plan on shuffling around in favor of 7A SCB's. 6A's are terrible after engineering for shield strength. I lose out on a good number of fighters by downgrading hangars. Fighters go quick in conflict zones.
    Makes sense. In a haz res or CNB my elite fighter pilot seldom ever looses her ship, unless I'm taking on a wing or two of FGS or condas that is. I seldom ever do CZs.

The C3 missile launchers and torpedoes are actually quite good for the Vette.

I exchanged the C3 beam laser to a C3 missile launcher, and the C1 missile launchers to C1 beam lasers. I use all gimballed, so now the C1s work quite well with the C2 beams on the sides of the ship. Most likely not the most efficient way to arm the ship, but makes painting the enemy with lasers easier. And I don't feel like I am wasting the C3 hardpoint.

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 65686970