Page 326 of 326 FirstFirst ... 316322323324325326
Results 4,876 to 4,889 of 4889

Thread: [RELEASE] Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

Hi Eventure,
    May I say I love what you have done with TCE since I have been away.

But I'm seeing a problem with some of the planet ports and outposts. What's happening is once I have added them to TCE and leaving the planet i'm noticing that in the summary the 'last visited' is 00:00:00 and those that read 00:00:00 claim they have no market when looking at them in the trade window from a different system. If I go back to the planet and land at the station it will then recognise that it does actually have a market and (so far) remain like it.

I'm running TCE 1.6.4.3 and EDMC 2.47.

Originally Posted by Fallen_Tyrael View Post (Source)
    Hi Eventure,
    May I say I love what you have done with TCE since I have been away.

But I'm seeing a problem with some of the planet ports and outposts. What's happening is once I have added them to TCE and leaving the planet i'm noticing that in the summary the 'last visited' is 00:00:00 and those that read 00:00:00 claim they have no market when looking at them in the trade window from a different system. If I go back to the planet and land at the station it will then recognise that it does actually have a market and (so far) remain like it.

I'm running TCE 1.6.4.3 and EDMC 2.47.
    Thanks for reporting, found the display issue.
    To be sure, did you have added the port/outpost to your database with TCE-Relay, or with the Market Database panel?

I added it myself with Market Database Panel while I was docked at the station.

Originally Posted by MrJohnDC View Post (Source)
    Talking of economies, I've come across a station with 3:

https://i.imgur.com/eNfoNUB.jpg
    Originally Posted by bAdbUd View Post (Source)
    It will be intresting to see if the Economies change when the station is no longer UA BOMBED, I suspect Service economy is a state change due to this, that's just a guess though.
    I'm still tracking this and I've looked at other stations that are UA bombed all of them have Service as a 3rd Economy. I'm also tracking 2 stations that are under threat of being UA bombed to see if they gain this economy when all services have been shut down. I suspect they will and will update when I know more.

Galactic News: Starport Status Update
    As suspected this station has now lost its 'SERVICE' economy as this was a temporary state that stations go into when they have been UA BOMBED.

Thanks bAdbUd for solving the mystery.

Originally Posted by Eventure View Post (Source)
    Hello everyone and welcome to the latest news of TCE development.

Since the migration of EDDN to a new host in early August, we've lost the main functionality of TCE-Relay to support TCE with price data from EDDB/EDDN.

Today, I like can announce, that the next release (1.6.5) will bring back the ability to update your database with actual prices.
    Additionally, you will be able to update trade stations, shipyards, outfittings, star systems (visited or all) and factions (followed or selectables).

This all is done by TCE itself, no other tools is in-between. That's now possible, because TCE now has a file server attached, where all required EDDB API files got mirrored, everyday.
    The creation of an initial database is TCE-Relay last usefullness, but I think, this part will fall also to TCE in the near future.

Furthermore, TCE has gained noticeable more performance for very large databases, tested it with 40k trade stations at a trade range of 90 LY.
    It is nice to have so much, BUT updating all prices of all stations from EDDB will take some time, hitting sometimes the 'out of memory' barrier, because of soaking all data in at once for less processing times.
    That was fixed by cutting the cake into four clusters to reduce memory usage against processing times.
    So all in all, it's working good, but has to be intensively tested in the upcoming beta phase.

That's all for today, at last a picture of the updated Extension tab of the launcher.

Well this is great news and I love the newest features you added to it especially the update tracked factions now I don't have to fly to all those systems Woo Hooo! Great Job Eventure getting it back online and adding those features I cannot wait to get that update and start using it. Next release will that be going from 1.6.4.3 straight to 1.6.5 did I miss a update easy to do LOL

OK Eventure so I getting my mind around the next full release and thinking about your last message to me

Hi there,

all keybinds are stored at the TCE.config file at the root folder. The file is transferred from an outdated full-version to the next by the tranfer process, done at the launcher.
    The backup function is mainly designed to store all databases, but lately (since V1.6.3.4), the TCE.config is included into the process.
    I always recommended to rename an outdated version (e.g. to TCE.old) and transfer the databases with the launcher. See below:
    1. Rename your current TCE folder (e.g. D:\TCE.old).
    2. Install the new full TCE Version (e.g. D:\TCE).
    3. Run the TCE Launcher.
    4. Select Database -> Transfer -> Choose old folder (D:\TCE.old).
    5. After scanning, select Start Transfer.

If you follow these steps, nothing is lost, nothing has to be redo.

The faction data is stored at the TCE_Factions.db database. Because the selected factions to track are also stored at the TCE.config, it got lost too, as the keybinds.
    So generally spoken, use the transfer function from the launcher to move your old database to a new version, instead of creating a backup and restoring i at the new version. That's the task of the trasnfer function at the launcher.

Hope that helps.

Here is a tip for you specifically:
    The faction database structure wasn't changed since V1.5.8, so if you have selected again the factions, you want to track, at the Factions panels, close TCE thereafter, and then copy by hand the TCE_Factions.db from the old to the new version.
    So your lost data should be available again.
    Additionally, you could open the TCE.config file at the old version, copy the full 'Keybinds' block by hand and replace it at the TCE.config from the new version, to restore all selected keybinds at the new version.

I realized I kept doing it from a Backup, so I get what I was doing wrong. My questions or the next release then.
    I want to build a new database 60 ly years around my home world using TCE Relay but I also would like to keep my faction history and based upon your specific tips in the spoiler is their a way of merging the old Factions DB with the newest factions DB so that I have old history with the newest history and then transfer that merged DB into the newly built DB I made with TCE Relay. Personally I just want a new Trade Database but leave my Factions and Cartography alone or import it. Also and what muck up my old database after trying and deleting a starport is there a way we could add in a simply TCE Relay for a specific station download. I do a lot of Outbreak and Famine relief efforts which shoot the prices way up on certain commodities so once I go there I will get these inflated prices stored in my DB sometimes which the auto destinations always pick as the best profit even after the prices go back to normal and I know the states are over. Currently I go to EDDB and just get the current normal price and manually enter it where in lies my problem and how I muck it up before (never trust me manually editing the DB LOL).

Originally Posted by NRCrosby View Post (Source)
    OK Eventure so I getting my mind around the next full release and thinking about your last message to me

Hi there,

all keybinds are stored at the TCE.config file at the root folder. The file is transferred from an outdated full-version to the next by the tranfer process, done at the launcher.
    The backup function is mainly designed to store all databases, but lately (since V1.6.3.4), the TCE.config is included into the process.
    I always recommended to rename an outdated version (e.g. to TCE.old) and transfer the databases with the launcher. See below:
    1. Rename your current TCE folder (e.g. D:\TCE.old).
    2. Install the new full TCE Version (e.g. D:\TCE).
    3. Run the TCE Launcher.
    4. Select Database -> Transfer -> Choose old folder (D:\TCE.old).
    5. After scanning, select Start Transfer.

If you follow these steps, nothing is lost, nothing has to be redo.

The faction data is stored at the TCE_Factions.db database. Because the selected factions to track are also stored at the TCE.config, it got lost too, as the keybinds.
    So generally spoken, use the transfer function from the launcher to move your old database to a new version, instead of creating a backup and restoring i at the new version. That's the task of the trasnfer function at the launcher.

Hope that helps.

Here is a tip for you specifically:
    The faction database structure wasn't changed since V1.5.8, so if you have selected again the factions, you want to track, at the Factions panels, close TCE thereafter, and then copy by hand the TCE_Factions.db from the old to the new version.
    So your lost data should be available again.
    Additionally, you could open the TCE.config file at the old version, copy the full 'Keybinds' block by hand and replace it at the TCE.config from the new version, to restore all selected keybinds at the new version.

I realized I kept doing it from a Backup, so I get what I was doing wrong. My questions or the next release then.
    I want to build a new database 60 ly years around my home world using TCE Relay but I also would like to keep my faction history and based upon your specific tips in the spoiler is their a way of merging the old Factions DB with the newest factions DB so that I have old history with the newest history and then transfer that merged DB into the newly built DB I made with TCE Relay. Personally I just want a new Trade Database but leave my Factions and Cartography alone or import it. Also and what muck up my old database after trying and deleting a starport is there a way we could add in a simply TCE Relay for a specific station download. I do a lot of Outbreak and Famine relief efforts which shoot the prices way up on certain commodities so once I go there I will get these inflated prices stored in my DB sometimes which the auto destinations always pick as the best profit even after the prices go back to normal and I know the states are over. Currently I go to EDDB and just get the current normal price and manually enter it where in lies my problem and how I muck it up before (never trust me manually editing the DB LOL).
    TCE-Relay now only creates a pool of stations around your actual position in game, with little data about the stations.
    So after creating a new station database with TCE-Relay, you should use the new EDDB-Relay to update all station with actual commodity prices, shipyard and outfitting data.
    Your faction database isn't affected in this process, nor your cartography database, so you will be able to continue to use them without problem.

Updating specific markets are not available, TCE will update only that stations in database, which require an update, because of data changes, like commodity prices.
    This has to be done only once a day, just before the first launch of TCE. So residing way off prices are usually replaced in this process.

Hi Eventure,

Just a quick question regarding TCE-Relay.

When I land at an existing station and tce-relay connects automatically is it updating just that station or all the stations in my database?

Thanks,

Originally Posted by Arnak View Post (Source)
    Hi Eventure,

Just a quick question regarding TCE-Relay.

When I land at an existing station and tce-relay connects automatically is it updating just that station or all the stations in my database?

Thanks,
    It's not TCE-Relay that updates stations when you land, that is EDMC. And it only updates the station you have landed at.

The new TCE-Relay - You manually run it prior to stating TCE and select the number of days old date you want to update and this will then update ALL stations you have REGISTERED. It doesn't add station data to stations you haven't visited yet.

Hi bAdbUd,

Thanks for explaining that, I hadn't noticed the option in TCE but since you mentioned it I have.

I noticed that on github there is a 64 bit version, would it be better to use that?

The new TCE-Relay ...
    That's not quite correct and could lead to confusion.

There is no new TCE-Relay to be clear. The tool, created by the user Flat, doesn't work anymore for commodity price updates.
    TCE-Relay is now only for creating an initial database, but will be replaced completely by TCE in one of the next full versions.
    The initial database can be updated thereafter by the new EDDB Relay, which I created.

Hi bAdbUd,

Thanks for explaining that, I hadn't noticed the option in TCE but since you mentioned it I have.

I noticed that on github there is a 64 bit version, would it be better to use that?
    That is not required. It will be removed in one of the next full releases of TCE, so stick with the version, which was released with TCE.

Hi Eventure,

OK, that answers my question regarding TCE-Relay but I am confused as to where to get and how to use the EDDB Relay?

The EDDB-Relay site has a number of .csv files, are they what I need to use once a day.

If so how do I get that data into TCE, please?

Or is your version a different item?

Thanks,

Originally Posted by Eventure View Post (Source)
    That's not quite correct and could lead to confusion.
    Ah well the gist is correct, but the naming was wrong.

Hi Eventure,

OK, that answers my question regarding TCE-Relay but I am confused as to where to get and how to use the EDDB Relay?

The EDDB-Relay site has a number of .csv files, are they what I need to use once a day.

If so how do I get that data into TCE, please?

Or is your version a different item?

Thanks,
    It's currently in Beta testing phase, so not available for general release just yet.

Page 326 of 326 FirstFirst ... 316322323324325326