Page 325 of 327 FirstFirst ... 315321322323324325326327 LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 4897

Thread: [RELEASE] Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

I have been trying to validate for many weeks now and the numbers sent never work. I finally stopped using this. But I thought I'd try one more time to see if I can ever get some help solving this issue. It all started when after some months of not playing ED. Came back and I was advised to update. I did. Then the message I needed to validate. It never worked. I have been using this software a long time till now.

Please help me solve this. I am not a computer guru - just a paying game player.

Originally Posted by Yt Noyz View Post (Source)
    I have been trying to validate for many weeks now and the numbers sent never work. I finally stopped using this. But I thought I'd try one more time to see if I can ever get some help solving this issue. It all started when after some months of not playing ED. Came back and I was advised to update. I did. Then the message I needed to validate. It never worked. I have been using this software a long time till now.

Please help me solve this. I am not a computer guru - just a paying game player.
    TCE itself has nothing to do with any kind of validation. Tools like EDMC or EDDI require validation with the Frontier api, which is managed by, wild guess, Frontier Developments.
    TCE only uses a commandline version of EDMC to poll some data.

Lemme quote directly from the EDMC github here, highlighting by me:

The first time that you run the app you are prompted for your username and password. This is the same username and password combination that you use to log into the Elite: Dangerous launcher, and is required so that the Frontier servers can send the app your data and the data for the station that you are docked at.

You can also choose here what data to save (refer to the next section for details), whether to “Update” Cmdr and station data automatically on docking and/or with a hotkey, and whether to attach your Cmdr name or a pseudo-anonymized ID to the data.

You will be prompted to authenticate with a “verification code”, which you will shortly receive by email from Frontier. Note that each “verification code” is one-time only - if you enter the code incorrectly or quit the app before authenticating you will need to wait for Frontier to send you a new code.

If you are not prompted to authenticate, but instead see the message “Error: Invalid Credentials” then choose the menu option EDMarketConnector → Preferences (Mac) or File → Settings (Windows) and double-check your username and password.
    https://github.com/Marginal/EDMarket...lation-&-Setup

So i guess you probably closed EDMC bc the mail took some time to arrive? I've seen times of up to an hour or more before receiving the code.
    Nothing that EDMC or TCE could do about, it's all on Frontiers side of things.

To make it even more clear: TCE has nothing to do with Frontier Developments, nor with EDMC or the api.
    So that 'paying game player' doesn't work here, i'm sorry.

Originally Posted by MrJohnDC View Post (Source)
    Talking of economies, I've come across a station with 3:

https://i.imgur.com/eNfoNUB.jpg
    Originally Posted by bAdbUd View Post (Source)
    It will be intresting to see if the Economies change when the station is no longer UA BOMBED, I suspect Service economy is a state change due to this, that's just a guess though.
    I'm still tracking this and I've looked at other stations that are UA bombed all of them have Service as a 3rd Economy. I'm also tracking 2 stations that are under threat of being UA bombed to see if they gain this economy when all services have been shut down. I suspect they will and will update when I know more.

Galactic News: Starport Status Update

Hello everyone and welcome to the latest news of TCE development.

Since the migration of EDDN to a new host in early August, we've lost the main functionality of TCE-Relay to support TCE with price data from EDDB/EDDN.

Today, I like can announce, that the next release (1.6.5) will bring back the ability to update your database with actual prices.
    Additionally, you will be able to update trade stations, shipyards, outfittings, star systems (visited or all) and factions (followed or selectables).

This all is done by TCE itself, no other tools is in-between. That's now possible, because TCE now has a file server attached, where all required EDDB API files got mirrored, everyday.
    The creation of an initial database is TCE-Relay last usefullness, but I think, this part will fall also to TCE in the near future.

Furthermore, TCE has gained noticeable more performance for very large databases, tested it with 40k trade stations at a trade range of 90 LY.
    It is nice to have so much, BUT updating all prices of all stations from EDDB will take some time, hitting sometimes the 'out of memory' barrier, because of soaking all data in at once for less processing times.
    That was fixed by cutting the cake into four clusters to reduce memory usage against processing times.
    So all in all, it's working good, but has to be intensively tested in the upcoming beta phase.

That's all for today, at last a picture of the updated Extension tab of the launcher.

Originally Posted by Eventure View Post (Source)

Since the migration of EDDN to a new host in early August, we've lost the main functionality of TCE-Relay to support TCE with price data from EDDB/EDDN.

Today, I like can announce, that the next release (1.6.5) will bring back the ability to update your database with actual prices.
    Additionally, you will be able to update trade stations, shipyards, outfittings, star systems (visited or all) and factions (followed or selectables).

This all is done by TCE itself, no other tools is in-between. That's now possible, because TCE now has a file server attached, where all required EDDB API files got mirrored, everyday.
    The creation of an initial database is TCE-Relay last usefullness, but I think, this part will fall also to TCE in the near future.

Furthermore, TCE has gained noticeable more performance for very large database, tested it with 40k trade stations at a trade range of 90 LY.
    It is nice to have so much, BUT updating all prices of all stations from EDDB will take some time, hitting sometimes the 'out of memory' barrier, because of soaking all data in at once for less processing times.
    That was fixed by cutting the cake into four clusters to reduce memory usage against processing times.
    So all in all, it's working good, but has to be intensively tested in the upcoming beta phase.

That's all for today, at last a picture of the updated Extension tab of the launcher.
    Consider me impressed.
    Sadly, i'm not sure if i can partake in beta this time, on top of a little ED fatigue i got huge amounts of work to do til christmas and may get no gametime at all.
    Will try my best, though.

Furthermore, TCE has gained noticeable more performance for very large database, tested it with 40k trade stations at a trade range of 90 LY.

Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3. I'm ready.

[1] SECURITY STATE ISSUE

I thought it was a TCE error but it appears to be an issue with the Journal, but I'm not sure, hence why I'm reporting it. Let me know and if it's a Journal issue I'll create a bug for it.
    { "timestamp":"2017-12-08T18:36:57Z", "event":"FSDJump", "StarSystem":"Senones", "StarPos":[5.156,-28.563,66.844], "SystemAllegiance":"Independent", "SystemEconomy":"$economy_Agri;", "SystemEconomy_Localised":"Agriculture", "SystemGovernment":"$government_Anarchy;", "SystemGovernment_Localised":"Anarchy", "SystemSecurity":"$GALAXY_MAP_INFO_state_lawless;", "SystemSecurity_Localised":"Lawless", "Population":1882321774, "JumpDist":4.989, "FuelUsed":0.212907, "FuelLevel":24.354832, "Factions":[ { "Name":"Workers of Senones Green Party", "FactionState":"Boom", "Government":"Democracy", "Influence":0.096806, "Allegiance":"Federation" }, { "Name":"Boloo Liberals", "FactionState":"None", "Government":"Democracy", "Influence":0.080838, "Allegiance":"Federation", "RecoveringStates":[ { "State":"Boom", "Trend":0 } ] }, { "Name":"Pilots Federation Local Branch", "FactionState":"None", "Government":"Democracy", "Influence":0.000000, "Allegiance":"PilotsFederation" }, { "Name":"Senones Crimson Transport Hldgs", "FactionState":"Boom", "Government":"Corporate", "Influence":0.233533, "Allegiance":"Federation", "PendingStates":[ { "State":"Outbreak", "Trend":1 } ] }, { "Name":"Senones Defence Party", "FactionState":"Boom", "Government":"Dictatorship", "Influence":0.041916, "Allegiance":"Independent" }, { "Name":"Senones Crimson Dynamic Holdings", "FactionState":"None", "Government":"Corporate", "Influence":0.118762, "Allegiance":"Independent" }, { "Name":"Justice Party of Senones", "FactionState":"Boom", "Government":"Dictatorship", "Influence":0.047904, "Allegiance":"Independent" }, { "Name":"Diamond Frogs", "FactionState":"Boom", "Government":"Anarchy", "Influence":0.380240, "Allegiance":"Independent", "PendingStates":[ { "State":"Expansion", "Trend":0 } ] } ], "SystemFaction":"Diamond Frogs", "FactionState":"Boom" }

Security State of this system "SENONES" is ANARCHY, Although I belive it's really LAWLESS, which is what I've edited the security to in the db.

...because TCE now has a file server attached, where all required EDDB API files got mirrored, everyday...
    Hi Eventure! Interesting news!

Can you explain the 'file server' a bit more?

Do you mean there is a non-FD file server 'somewhere' that TCE pulls data from?

Or does TCE create a db locally on my computer by pulling data from FD api?

I am a bit skittish about getting data from a non-FD source, not so much because I don't trust the other data source holder, but because they can get hit by viri/malware and then when I connect, I get hit too. Of course, that can still happen to an FD source, but I consider it much less likely.

Also, as I understand it, the usage would be to manually pull the update via TCE BEFORE you start playing ED, say once a day or once a week or whatever. It's not done while you are playing the game (unless you tab out and make TCE do it I suppose). And it's not automatic, you get to decide when, or if, that pull is done. Yes?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Abil Midena View Post (Source)
    Hi Eventure! Interesting news!

Can you explain the 'file server' a bit more?
    Sure, the attached file server is hosted by myself, no other party is involved. It provides the files from the nightly dump of EDDB's database, like prices.csv, stations.jsonl, etc. for TCE only.

The launcher of TCE will be capable of downloading these compressed files (about 30 MB total) to the new EDDB folder of TCE, where they got used to update your TCE database at command. An auto-update is not available.
    The files got only downloaded, if you press the respective button at the extension tab of the launcher. If you don't want to use this kind of data update, you can simply ignore the buttons and launch TCE as usual.
    All files got downloaded only once a day when pressing an update button, because I have included a timestamp for the dump files at the server.

The data is now processed by TCE itself (TCE-Relay serving only as an initial database creator, as before, without price data), which is shown for the user while the process is running.
    This should be done only once a day before launching TCE, because the EDDB files changing only once a day too.

All in all, it is like TCE-Relay before, but now hosted by myself, with additional content you can update.
    But as always, it is your choice to use it, but you don't have to, it is only an option.

Sure, the attached file server is hosted by myself, no other party is involved. It provides the files from the nightly dump of EDDB's database, like prices.csv, stations.jsonl, etc. for TCE only.

The launcher of TCE will be capable of downloading these compressed files (about 30 MB total) to the new EDDB folder of TCE, where they got used to update your TCE database at command. An auto-update is not available.
    The files got only downloaded, if you press the respective button at the extension tab of the launcher. If you don't want to use this kind of data update, you can simply ignore the buttons and launch TCE as usual.
    All files got downloaded only once a day when pressing an update button, because I have included a timestamp for the dump files at the server.

The data is now processed by TCE itself (TCE-Relay serving only as an initial database creator, as before, without price data), which is shown for the user while the process is running.
    This should be done only once a day before launching TCE, because the EDDB files changing only once a day too.

All in all, it is like TCE-Relay before, but now hosted by myself, with additional content you can update.
    But as always, it is your choice to use it, but you don't have to, it is only an option.
    So if you suddenly disappear or decide you don't want to run the server does this mean TCE dies?

Can the server not be hosted somewhere else so it is not so vulnerable should you decide to discontinue support?

Originally Posted by amcb10 View Post (Source)
    So if you suddenly disappear or decide you don't want to run the server does this mean TCE dies?

Can the server not be hosted somewhere else so it is not so vulnerable should you decide to discontinue support?
    There is no reason to be about concerned, that TCE suddenly dies in a flash, big bang, or puff of smoke. It's a ten-year project, like ED.
    It was always designed to be an independent app. All supported tools are there to make your life easier in ED, so filling EDDB data into TCE will do the same.

TCE is nearly three years on air now, continusly developing into something nice to have. So I give you my word, there is no end in sight.
    The file server has to be under my control, so I can make sure, there is no problem with the data, for security reasons,
    the service is always up and additionally it's free, without charge.

The TCEventure will continue...

Bit of a strange one this.

TCE has been working fine all day and have just come back after a break for a smoke and drink and now when I start up TCE I get wrong commander selected. Have only got 1 commander set up. Also upon entering game I also get a message about incorrect game version and running beta journals.

Have sent error report but unsure if that going to help.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Sure, the attached file server is hosted by myself, no other party is involved. ....
    Cool man, thanks for the explanation!

Originally Posted by Delaque View Post (Source)
    Bit of a strange one this.

TCE has been working fine all day and have just come back after a break for a smoke and drink and now when I start up TCE I get wrong commander selected. Have only got 1 commander set up. Also upon entering game I also get a message about incorrect game version and running beta journals.

https://i.imgur.com/spwLnWU.jpg

Have sent error report but unsure if that going to help.

Thanks for all the hard work.
    Hmm..., that's strange indeed.
    Have found an issue in your TCE_Personal.db, so I will send you the fixed files via mail anytime soon.

Hmm..., that's strange indeed.
    Have found an issue in your TCE_Personal.db, so I will send you the fixed files via mail anytime soon.
    WoW, thanks for the quick response and sending of files.

All seems good so far but have only started TCE and ED to check operation and then closed back down. Will try to test more again later today.

Thanks again.

Page 325 of 327 FirstFirst ... 315321322323324325326327 LastLast