Page 353 of 353 FirstFirst ... 343349350351352353
Results 5,281 to 5,283 of 5283

Thread: [RELEASE] Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

Originally Posted by Trekari View Post (Source)
    Indeed, I was unaware of that information being present there. I do use EDEngineer for knowing such things as how to find materials, and what blueprints require what ingredients.

Since you're obviously an expert on TCE...what is one supposed to do with systems where everything is already known? For instance...I've been to Irusan, where all the stellar bodies are already known upon jumping into the system. However TCE doesn't have any cartographic information because I didn't actually scan anything with a DSS. Is there a way for the journal to provide that information, or must I scan everything in systems such as that anyways? I've always skipped doing any scanning in systems where the data is already presented to me because I thought it would be known.

Since you've answered my original request and taught me something new, I have come up with a new one:
    Steady there, I'm no expert. But if you are talking about systems that are populated then going into and scanning the Nav Beacon will update TCE's cartography. None populated systems, if you want all the details then you'll have to scan them.

Eventure

1) It does not seem as though it is possible to search for planets that contain a specific material? Unless I'm missing that function as well, I wonder if it's possible to add a search feature so one could find planets nearby that have materials they are looking for, preferably with the options to sort by distance (if the planet has that material at all), or sort by percentage.

2) It would also be fantastic if TCE could allow for a search for various Ring Types nearby, both quality and composition. So one could search for nearby Pristine Metallic, or (I don't know any other types than Pristine lol) <normal> Icy, etc. Would be immensely helpful for those of us who do a lot of mining and use TCE to sell those proceeds.
    1) Yes you can, open Cartography Panel and click the bars icon and you'll then get text fields to enter your search criteria into.

2) I don't think that's a current feature.

Dude...you're awesome. I didn't know about the Nav Beacon scanning either. Just scan it with an ADS and all that info gets filled in? Planetary, rings, etc? I can't give you reputation again yet, but you totally deserve it.

Like...truly man. Thank you!!

I wonder if it would be possible to change the Composition from text-entry to a pulldown menu?

Dude...you're awesome. I didn't know about the Nav Beacon scanning either. Just scan it with an ADS and all that info gets filled in? Planetary, rings, etc?
    Cheers for the praise. +1. You don't even need an ADS to scan a Nav Beacon, just lock onto it and you'll scan it. And yes it gets all the data for that system just like you get after you've performed a Detailed Surface Scan.

I wonder if it would be possible to change the Composition from text-entry to a pulldown menu?
    That's for Eventure to answer.

But you can use the shopping trolley and add the elements you're looking for and TCE will show you where they are, nearest, highest concentration, etc.