Page 302 of 307 FirstFirst ... 292298299300301302303304305306 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 4597

Thread: [RELEASE] Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

  1. #4516
    Originally Posted by bAdbUd View Post (Source)
    Well that's not very nice is it? Eventure has created this excellent tool in his own free time and you respond with such negativity. Do you really expect a positive response?

    Plus what's wrong with using Borderless Window mode?

    What is "not very nice" is that a "windows critical error" sounds and the window comes up (as per my screenshot) that is set to "always on top" and requires clicking the OK button to proceed. It is just too intrusive.

    It is my choice when and where to run the game borderless for TCE - when I don't even have E D running and load TCE just for maintenance I don't appreciate the horrible interruption.

    BTW - In borderless mode, when I minimise the game window the GPU load jumps to 100% - well it did before 2.4, I have not checked since then - I have bug reported it and get no joy over having it fixed. So I only run borderless when I am in a trading mode and wish to use TCE.


    EDIT:

    Just to be clear - I don't mind that a notification be given (though I really don't see the need for it) - what I don't like is the implementation.

    (In the meantime I have reverted back to 1.6.2.2)

  2. #4517
    Originally Posted by MalcYorks View Post (Source)
    What is "not very nice" is that a "windows critical error" sounds and the window comes up (as per my screenshot) that is set to "always on top" and requires clicking the OK button to proceed. It is just too intrusive.

    It is my choice when and where to run the game borderless for TCE - when I don't even have E D running and load TCE just for maintenance I don't appreciate the horrible interruption.

    BTW - In borderless mode, when I minimise the game window the GPU load jumps to 100% - well it did before 2.4, I have not checked since then - I have bug reported it and get no joy over having it fixed. So I only run borderless when I am in a trading mode and wish to use TCE.


    EDIT:

    Just to be clear - I don't mind that a notification be given (though I really don't see the need for it) - what I don't like is the implementation.

    (In the meantime I have reverted back to 1.6.2.2)
    You seriously don't know what's "not very nice?"

    For one, your tone appears very self-centred, (you don't like something, therefore you hate it). Rather than post a question and request for another option or a way round your particular issue, then that would have been received with less vitriol.
    CMDR Steve Arthur
    Combat █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Trade █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Explorer █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

  3. #4518
    Before we run each other in about tones, here's a small suggestion which i'm sure Eventure could implement and should make everyone happy:

    What about just a small 'splashscreen' that informs about ED not running in borderless mode which could just stay for a few secs and vanishes by itself? No sound required at all.
    Just an info in the launcher could do, too.

  4. #4519
    Originally Posted by bAdbUd View Post (Source)
    You seriously don't know what's "not very nice?"

    For one, your tone appears very self-centred, (you don't like something, therefore you hate it). Rather than post a question and request for another option or a way round your particular issue, then that would have been received with less vitriol.
    Listen bud - my post succinctly explained my position. I have not insulted anyone, not even you. I presented my reaction to what I consider to be a horrible implementation,


  5. #4520
    Will rework such warning, so please stay polite.
    Thanks
    TRADE COMPUTER EXTENSION MK.II
    Check out the wiki for more details.


  6. #4521
    Let's drop the sniping at one another please. Thanks.

  7. #4522
    Originally Posted by Eventure View Post (Source)
    Will rework such warning, so please stay polite.
    Thanks
    That would be very welcome, thank you. Sorry if people thought my original post came across too strong but it really did annoy me, I intended no offence and just wanted to illustrate how I felt.

  8. #4523
    Having same issue others have had:

    "Error while reading records on table MaterialsQL logic error or missing database no such table: public_materials

    I have followed the instructions on loading new version. Hell I even went back to v 1.6.1 and then updated that, pulled in old database, then made new folder for v 1.6.2.1 and updated that
    And still get the missing database error. Looking in DB folder that table name doesn't exist.

    Have been attempting this fix for two weeks now as I get the chance to play (which means I haven't played since this error won't resolve)

  9. #4524
    Originally Posted by Damacles Wynn View Post (Source)
    Having same issue others have had:

    "Error while reading records on table MaterialsQL logic error or missing database no such table: public_materials

    I have followed the instructions on loading new version. Hell I even went back to v 1.6.1 and then updated that, pulled in old database, then made new folder for v 1.6.2.1 and updated that
    And still get the missing database error. Looking in DB folder that table name doesn't exist.

    Have been attempting this fix for two weeks now as I get the chance to play (which means I haven't played since this error won't resolve)
    Any chance you copy/pasted the DB instead of 'transferring' it via the launcher?

  10. #4525
    Nope. I transferred it, verified it. At that point, the program works fine. I saved the database, closed the program. Opened ED and the TCE and watched the error of the missing database come up. Opened the DB folder
    and that database doesn't exist. I went all the way back to v1.4.1 and it isn't in it either or any of the versions since then. If I could I would simply create the missing database folder, but I quit programming in the 80's and have
    no desire to start again.

  11. #4526
    Originally Posted by Damacles Wynn View Post (Source)
    Nope. I transferred it, verified it. At that point, the program works fine. I saved the database, closed the program. Opened ED and the TCE and watched the error of the missing database come up. Opened the DB folder
    and that database doesn't exist. I went all the way back to v1.4.1 and it isn't in it either or any of the versions since then. If I could I would simply create the missing database folder, but I quit programming in the 80's and have
    no desire to start again.
    mkay, do the following: select the option 'send error report' via the launcher (red triangle). a 7zip file will be generated in your TCE folder, attach that to the mail which will open at that point. pretty sure eventure can sort it out and maybe even send a repaired DB back. just a bit of patience, mate, it's past midnight in germany.

  12. #4527
    This looks cool. I just want a button that says download. I'm combing over these sites and I don't know how to download it. help ?

  13. #4528
    Originally Posted by o'moylan View Post (Source)
    This looks cool. I just want a button that says download. I'm combing over these sites and I don't know how to download it. help ?
    It's on the first post, third of the way down or so. Copied and pasted for ya.

    DOWNLOAD:



  14. #4529

    TCE Crashes after starting

    Hi, I'm trying TCE for the first time. I've got the latest version installed but after I click on the shortcut to start it up, the title/login screen appears for a second then disappears. Does anyone know how to fix this?

  15. #4530
    Originally Posted by Damacles Wynn View Post (Source)
    Having same issue others have had:

    "Error while reading records on table MaterialsQL logic error or missing database no such table: public_materials

    I have followed the instructions on loading new version. Hell I even went back to v 1.6.1 and then updated that, pulled in old database, then made new folder for v 1.6.2.1 and updated that
    And still get the missing database error. Looking in DB folder that table name doesn't exist.

    Have been attempting this fix for two weeks now as I get the chance to play (which means I haven't played since this error won't resolve)
    The error shows me, that you are using an outdated Resources.db database at your installation. Please send me the databases of your last working version to eventure[at]ki.tng.de for a check.

    Normally, if you install the latest version (V1.6.3) into a new folder and launch it thereafter, the error won't appear. If you then open the Database tab and clicking onto the Transfer button, selecting the old TCE version folder and thereafter the Start Transfer button, the old database will be transferred into the new version. When finished, close the launcher and restart it again. If now the error appears again, I require your old database. If not, all is fine and your are back on the road.

    Originally Posted by Jessara View Post (Source)
    Hi, I'm trying TCE for the first time. I've got the latest version installed but after I click on the shortcut to start it up, the title/login screen appears for a second then disappears. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Hi Jessara,

    this is not a common behavior. Please check first, if your AV is responsible for the issue.
    TRADE COMPUTER EXTENSION MK.II
    Check out the wiki for more details.


Page 302 of 307 FirstFirst ... 292298299300301302303304305306 ... LastLast