Page 385 of 385 FirstFirst ... 375381382383384385
Results 5,761 to 5,772 of 5772

Thread: [RELEASE] Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

Originally Posted by will1032 View Post (Source)
    I've been really enjoying learning this add-on in the last couple of days. I want to introduce it to a few friends so we can build a collaborative shared database. Are there any integrated tools to pool information between a select group of people? It seems to be mentioned that it is possible in this thread I found which uses the old Mk1 build:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDanger...68&sh=1ae21665

I haven't found any option in the current version of your add-on however or any mention on the threads/wiki. I would appreciate your advice.

William
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but... The reason there is no mention of shared databases is because (as you've probably gleaned) you can't share the database. This is intended as it's not a crowd sourced tool nor will it ever be. Although 'ever' is a long time.

But you can create a very large db by using EDDB_Relay to create a starter db, which can be as big as 65,000 stations, I believe. But such a large sized db could cause it to run very sllllooooowwwwww

I uninstalled ED and reinstalled it on another drive. Since then I've been getting these errors when I try to launch TCE.

Error while reading records on the table OutfitTypes:Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Error while reading records on table Powers: SQL logic error no such table: public_Powers.

I'm not sure if the move is what did it but it seems like it. What do I need to change to fix that?

Wouldn't it just require pointing the path for the relevant database files at an FTP server so that multiple people can update the one online file rather than storing it locally on their hard drive? If I could just edit the default pathway for the database... Keep in mind I'm only talking about maximum half a dozen people here.

I just love the idea of roleplaying a guild or co-operative with my IRL friends, so that even when we aren't directly winging we can be working together in some way.

EDIT: I looked at the feature list for the old Mk1 release of the TCE and it explicitly lists FTP support.

"The database of TCE is primary local, but you can share your entered data with your friends via FTP too. You only need a FTP server (e.g. a Fritzbox). The access data of the server are entered into the Option panel and then you have to upload your local database to the server."

My question is whether or not this feature is still present in the Mk2 release (as I haven't been able to find it), and if not, why was it not carried over? It seems like it would be an awesome way to play with friends.

Originally Posted by TROG111 View Post (Source)
    I'm on a roll today - sorry.

a bug/feature - the cargo manifest does not get updated when I hand in cargo for a wing 'supply' missions (the new 3.0 wing missions).
    If you experience this again, please send me a bug report, or at least your journal file from the session for inspection.

Originally Posted by cTron View Post (Source)
    I uninstalled ED and reinstalled it on another drive. Since then I've been getting these errors when I try to launch TCE.

Error while reading records on the table OutfitTypes:Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Error while reading records on table Powers: SQL logic error no such table: public_Powers.

I'm not sure if the move is what did it but it seems like it. What do I need to change to fix that?
    You are using a set of outdated databases from an earlier version with the new, please make a clean install (into a new folder, don't overwrite you old installation with the new one)
    and transfer (by using the TRANSFER button at the Database tab of the launcher) your database from the old installation into the new one.

You can also load a backup from the old installation (TCE makes every first start of the day a backup of your databases, found at the BACKUP folder of your old installation).
    TCE will detect, that the backup is from an older version and prompt you to transfer the databases from the newly created backup_tmp folder to the new version.
    Click the TRANSFER button at the Database and select the backup_tmp folder at the folder of the new installation. Thereafter you should be able the start the transfer.

TCE now has an auto-update function at the launcher, which makes the work for you in the future.

Originally Posted by will1032 View Post (Source)
    Wouldn't it just require pointing the path for the relevant database files at an FTP server so that multiple people can update the one online file rather than storing it locally on their hard drive? If I could just edit the default pathway for the database... Keep in mind I'm only talking about maximum half a dozen people here.

I just love the idea of roleplaying a guild or co-operative with my IRL friends, so that even when we aren't directly winging we can be working together in some way.

EDIT: I looked at the feature list for the old Mk1 release of the TCE and it explicitly lists FTP support.

"The database of TCE is primary local, but you can share your entered data with your friends via FTP too. You only need a FTP server (e.g. a Fritzbox). The access data of the server are entered into the Option panel and then you have to upload your local database to the server."

My question is whether or not this feature is still present in the Mk2 release (as I haven't been able to find it), and if not, why was it not carried over? It seems like it would be an awesome way to play with friends.
    Hi will,

the FTP feature has not taken over to the Mk.II release, because number and size of TCE databases increased significantly between Mk.I and II, and TCE accesing them frequently.
    Uploading, for instance, the outfitting database for 65k markets (file size would be about 300 MB) would take far too long. And that is only one database.

It's simply not realizable and practical using FTP.

Originally Posted by Eventure View Post (Source)
    Hi will,

the FTP feature has not taken over to the Mk.II release, because number and size of TCE databases increased significantly between Mk.I and II, and TCE accesing them frequently.
    Uploading, for instance, the outfitting database for 65k markets (file size would be about 300 MB) would take far too long. And that is only one database.

It's simply not realizable and practical using FTP.
    There's a joke here somewhere...

Version [1.6.9.2] released

Changelog:
    - Added the Journal path to the TCE.config, so it can be changed (e.g. TCE running on a second PC).
    - Added the Cartography Picture path to the TCE.config, so it can be changed.
    - Fixed an issue with the journal file detection, if '.log' files are present with a non-standardized file name format.
    - Fixed an issue at the star gravity calculation at the Cartography panel.
    - Fixed an error with large player.data files, which containing more than 1k lines.

Notes:
    Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
    Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who wants to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
    latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commodities at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Running 1.6.9.2 for the first time generated an error in my registered markets db. I found that after I started TCE, it said I was approaching the market I was docked at (did not start the game yet). I hit the 'repair' button, and it verified ok after that.

But when TCE started again, I saw the same "FSD approaching" and System: Approaching in the location box. When I hit 'connect', TCE did its thing, but threw a "false market" error saying I was at some other market (moxons' mojo)???

It also seems to hang now for about 20-30 sec at 60%, which it did not do before. It does start tho.

So...suggestion, and please don't take this the wrong way. Can we get a "revert to previous version" button or some way to roll back to one version prior to where we are?

If I had the 1691 files that 1692 replaced, I could just paste them over the 1692 files, and be back up and running right? I know something like this isn't always possible with the changes that are made, but it would be cool and less hair raising I suppose.

Originally Posted by Abil Midena View Post (Source)
    Running 1.6.9.2 for the first time generated an error in my registered markets db. I found that after I started TCE, it said I was approaching the market I was docked at (did not start the game yet). I hit the 'repair' button, and it verified ok after that.

But when TCE started again, I saw the same "FSD approaching" and System: Approaching in the location box. When I hit 'connect', TCE did its thing, but threw a "false market" error saying I was at some other market (moxons' mojo)???

It also seems to hang now for about 20-30 sec at 60%, which it did not do before. It does start tho.
    Have sent you a test version for a check per mail.

So...suggestion, and please don't take this the wrong way. Can we get a "revert to previous version" button or some way to roll back to one version prior to where we are?

If I had the 1691 files that 1692 replaced, I could just paste them over the 1692 files, and be back up and running right? I know something like this isn't always possible with the changes that are made, but it would be cool and less hair raising I suppose.
    In this case it would work, but if one or more databases were expanded, fixed or changed, it could be a problem.
    To realize it, the TCE Updater has to know, what files got replaced due to the update and store them before they got overwritten.

Will try to add it...

Have now updated the latest release to fix a date format issue. If you encounter a location mismatch issue right after startup, please reload the update.

The way I manage this is to create a copy of the current version folder prior to updating to the new version of TCE, then if there's a problem I can just load up the previous version of TCE.

Originally Posted by Eventure View Post (Source)
    Version [1.6.9.2] released

Changelog:
    - Added the Journal path to the TCE.config, so it can be changed (e.g. TCE running on a second PC).
    - Added the Cartography Picture path to the TCE.config, so it can be changed.
    - Fixed an issue with the journal file detection, if '.log' files are present with a non-standardized file name format.
    - Fixed an issue at the star gravity calculation at the Cartography panel.
    - Fixed an error with large player.data files, which containing more than 1k lines.

Notes:
    Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
    Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who wants to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
    latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commodities at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

I cannot get 1.6.9.2 to run. I installed to E:\TCE (E:\ is the same drive ED is installed on). I run TCE and I attempt to login and it immediately crashes with the below error and will not continue past this point. If I click continue, the error disappears and the bottom "loading" animation continues for as long as I leave it on the screen. I left it for over an hour as I forgot I had it on the screen and went to eat... No change. I have rebooted the machine to see if that would get things moving. No luck.

Windows 10 64bit.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

See screenshot:

Detailed error message:

Code:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: value
       at System.Xml.Linq.XAttribute..ctor(XName name, Object value)
       at Trade_Computer_Extension.MD_Player_Data.Save_Player_Data() in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\MD_Player_Data.vb:line 675
       at Trade_Computer_Extension.MD_Player_Data.Read_Player_Data() in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\MD_Player_Data.vb:line 638
       at Trade_Computer_Extension.TCE_Launcher_Login.LogInTCE() in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\TCE_Launcher_Login.vb:line 122
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.7.2633.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_C
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    Trade Computer Extension MK.II
        Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
        CodeBase: file:///D:/TCE/Trade%20Computer%20Extension%20MK.II.exe
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
        Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 14.7.2556.0 built by: NET471REL1
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System
        Win32 Version: 4.7.2556.0 built by: NET471REL1
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Core
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Configuration
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
        Win32 Version: 4.7.2612.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_B
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Runtime.Remoting
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
    System.Data
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
    System.Numerics
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
    System.Xml.Linq
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
    Newtonsoft.Json
        Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 10.0.3.21018
        CodeBase: file:///D:/TCE/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
    System.Runtime.Serialization
        Win32 Version: 4.7.2612.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_B
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
    Snippets
        Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
        Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
    System.Data.SQLite
        Assembly Version: 1.0.106.0
        Win32 Version: 1.0.106.0
        CodeBase: file:///D:/TCE/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
    System.Transactions
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
    System.EnterpriseServices
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.