Page 410 of 411 FirstFirst ... 405408409410411 LastLast
Results 6,136 to 6,150 of 6165

Thread: [RELEASE] Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

  1. #6136
    Originally Posted by punkerich View Post (Source)
    Nice!
    Eventure, do you remember the probs i had with not opening factions panel? Looks like when the first panel i open is the 'notes' panel (main ui), everything works well afterwards.
    Something seems to be different there... Maybe worth checking into, while you're at it. Thx upfront.
    Please send me your files, will try to recreate it.

  2. #6137
    Hey Eventure long time no chat sorry about that got real Ill in May OK I damn neared died due to a infection, but I am ok now so what is the word on the next update will it break everything LOL like it usually does with updates like that. I like to hold off updatiing EDMC and TCE once the update goes live until all the bugs get cleared out but I thought I might reach out to you to see what your thoughts are on it. Has Fdev giving you what you need to start making TCE compatible.

  3. #6138
    Originally Posted by NRCrosby View Post (Source)
    Hey Eventure long time no chat sorry about that got real Ill in May OK I damn neared died due to a infection, but I am ok now so what is the word on the next update will it break everything LOL like it usually does with updates like that. I like to hold off updatiing EDMC and TCE once the update goes live until all the bugs get cleared out but I thought I might reach out to you to see what your thoughts are on it. Has Fdev giving you what you need to start making TCE compatible.
    Hello mate,

    there will be a patch coming for the next season of ED, which contains some small fixes, both new ships and also a support for the new external cargo.json file. It will be released when the ED beta ends.

  4. #6139
    Originally Posted by Eventure View Post (Source)
    Hello mate,

    there will be a patch coming for the next season of ED, which contains some small fixes, both new ships and also a support for the new external cargo.json file. It will be released when the ED beta ends.
    Good to know, truthfully I have been pleasantly please at how stable TCE has been over the last year, and the need to hit the update button. Ah the days when you had to download the zip file almost every week (I don't miss em) So the Beta is giving you pretty much everything you need then to get it ready, I can only assume OtisB is has been doing the same for EDMC. Here is keeping my Fingers crossed the update does not do like the last one did and create chaos for a week LOL

  5. #6140
    Originally Posted by NRCrosby View Post (Source)
    Good to know, truthfully I have been pleasantly please at how stable TCE has been over the last year, and the need to hit the update button. Ah the days when you had to download the zip file almost every week (I don't miss em) So the Beta is giving you pretty much everything you need then to get it ready, I can only assume OtisB is has been doing the same for EDMC. Here is keeping my Fingers crossed the update does not do like the last one did and create chaos for a week LOL
    Oh, i'm sure it will! If TCE has anything to do with that remains to be seen, though.

  6. #6141
    Have the current version of TCE 1.7.2.4 and EDMC 3.20 installed.

    Been using TCE for few months now, started receiving an error today whenever I try to use the update trade station button in EXTENSIONS/ELITE DANGEROUS DATABASE (EDDB) RELAY.

    Error is UNHANDLED EXCEPTION ERROR:
    could not find file C:\TCE\EDDB_DATA\EDDB_PRICES.CSV

    If i hit the continue button never finishes, acts like locked up, can't click on anything (like stop update button/etc). The progress bar does appear to keep "scanning across" but never finishes.
    Only thing can do at this point is click the X in upper right corner to close TCE.

  7. #6142
    Originally Posted by Longshanks View Post (Source)
    Have the current version of TCE 1.7.2.4 and EDMC 3.20 installed.

    Been using TCE for few months now, started receiving an error today whenever I try to use the update trade station button in EXTENSIONS/ELITE DANGEROUS DATABASE (EDDB) RELAY.

    Error is UNHANDLED EXCEPTION ERROR:
    could not find file C:\TCE\EDDB_DATA\EDDB_PRICES.CSV

    If i hit the continue button never finishes, acts like locked up, can't click on anything (like stop update button/etc). The progress bar does appear to keep "scanning across" but never finishes.
    Only thing can do at this point is click the X in upper right corner to close TCE.
    Thanks for the report, there was an issue with the proper file at my server.
    I have updated the file now, so please try again.

  8. #6143
    Originally Posted by Eventure View Post (Source)
    Thanks for the report, there was an issue with the proper file at my server.
    I have updated the file now, so please try again.
    Thx for great program and quick response/fix, all seems good now

  9. #6144
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before for native desktop display in Oculus Rift but for those using this with Oculus rift you can now use Oculus Dash to pin your desktop into game without the need for an external program, and use the Oculus controllers and Voiceattack to control TCE.
    You really need a second monitor and a dark background is best for TCE to display on.

    The Method is as follows
    1. In Oculus Home open and pin the Desktop you run TCE on and it will be persistent in game, using the controller you can position it and resize it wherever works best for you.
    2. Using Voiceattack or the Oculus controller you can access all of the TCE functions either using the Oculus controller as a mouse or setting your keybinds in TCE and creating a Voiceattack profile to open and close the panels of TCE, taking screenshots of planets using the camera is a little tricky as you need to move that panel to the same monitor as your VR Mirror screen and zoom it to a sensible size then you can take a screenshot if you keep your HMD in the correct position. a little tricky without taking the HMD off.

    I am using this PreBuilt VoiceAttack Profile (.VAP) for Trade Computer Extension Mk.II: http://bit.ly/1Rgjsmf the same one mentioned by Eventure on the first page and it works pretty well.

    I believe you can also grab specific windows and make them persistent in the VR world but I have not experimented with that yet.

  10. #6145

    Thumbs up Really cool

    First thing: Really cool tool, and as someone who played XBOX version and migrated to PC because I was bored in Hotels while working away - any possibility of XBOX version (probably not)

    Second Thing: Going to play around with this over the weekend, and I will be donating in appreciation of the work that this took.
    Keep it up.

  11. #6146

    Trade overview is empty.

    Hello,

    My english is a poor I try to find solution for my problem, and one what I found is...

    I need to manual update station for trade.
    But I see TCE MkII working with EDMC (I use it). Then what I should to do to import data from online base?

  12. #6147
    Originally Posted by Coucz View Post (Source)
    Hello,

    My english is a poor I try to find solution for my problem, and one what I found is...

    I need to manual update station for trade.
    But I see TCE MkII working with EDMC (I use it). Then what I should to do to import data from online base?
    Hello Coucz,

    with EDMC installed, you update the station data, you are currently docked, by using the CONNECT button.

    If you have created an initial station database with the launcher, you can to update all of them by using the EDDB relay, found at the EXTENSION tab of the launcher.
    Checkmark the parts, you like to update and select the Data Age to be 'actual'. Hit the UPDATE TRADE STATIONS button to bring your stations in database up-to-date.
    Do it once a day before launching TCE.

  13. #6148
    I just started using TCE for the first time, and I'm having what I can only assume is a whole slew of bugs:

    - Some buttons here and there don't do anything, notably the "Update Factions" button in the EDDB section of the launcher;
    - The Auto Destination window is either empty half the time, or stuck on one particular system that has nothing to do with my activities;
    - The Cartography window doesn't reflect any information about the 3 hours of exploration I did, other than the total credits earned, which was off by 4 million;
    - The Scan Protocol panel did at least work at first, but eventually stopped recording entries halfway through and just popped up with the same planet it got stuck on each time I scanned something;
    - The minimap only updates once every several seconds, and just takes a static snapshot of my location at the time;
    - When I'm tabbed out of the game, TCE likes to tab me back in whenever it feels like it, which can be problematic for programs that don't like having their input interrupted: I was changing settings in my joystick software when it decided to do it, and it borked things badly enough that when I tried to reboot to fix things, the computer froze and I needed to hard power down;
    - Other minor annoyances that I can't bring to mind right now, and probably many other things that I have yet to discover, since I've only used it for a few hours so far.

    This is the only mod I've been able to find that does what I need so far, so I hope I can get it working.

  14. #6149
    Originally Posted by Jarius View Post (Source)
    I just started using TCE for the first time, and I'm having what I can only assume is a whole slew of bugs:
    First off, please use the Wiki to find more informations about TCE, how it works. Now let's check, what you discovered as bugs:

    Originally Posted by Jarius View Post (Source)
    - Some buttons here and there don't do anything, notably the "Update Factions" button in the EDDB section of the launcher;
    The 'Update Faction' button works only, if something has to be updated, if you are tracking one or more factions. This can be selected at the Factions panel.

    Originally Posted by Jarius View Post (Source)
    - The Auto Destination window is either empty half the time, or stuck on one particular system that has nothing to do with my activities;
    The 'Auto Destination' display showing a Trade Station around your actual position (within the Trade Range), where you can trade goods with high profits. This is also shown at the Trade Overview panel.
    If nothing is displayed, you didn't have updated the station and commodity data at the current station. Use the CONNECT button at the middle of the UI and install EDMC before, if not already installed.

    Originally Posted by Jarius View Post (Source)
    - The Cartography window doesn't reflect any information about the 3 hours of exploration I did, other than the total credits earned, which was off by 4 million;
    The Cartography panel showing all data, you have gathered along your way in ED. If you are on an exploration, create the exploration you do at the Cartography panel (see wiki how to do it).
    The sum of data value is only a guess, because Frontier didn't provide exact values.

    Originally Posted by Jarius View Post (Source)
    - The Scan Protocol panel did at least work at first, but eventually stopped recording entries halfway through and just popped up with the same planet it got stuck on each time I scanned something;
    The Scan Protocol panel records all stars and planet you have scanned in your actual session. New scans got added automatically to the list below. Select an entry from the list to show the details of the scan and create a picture of the planet too.
    Otherwise, default pictures of planets are shown.

    Originally Posted by Jarius View Post (Source)
    - The minimap only updates once every several seconds, and just takes a static snapshot of my location at the time;
    The Minimap panel only updates, if you move or turn. Checkout the values for altitude, heading, lat/long at the corner of the panel, which updating constantly on move or turn.

    Originally Posted by Jarius View Post (Source)
    - When I'm tabbed out of the game, TCE likes to tab me back in whenever it feels like it, which can be problematic for programs that don't like having their input interrupted: I was changing settings in my joystick software when it decided to do it, and it borked things badly enough that when I tried to reboot to fix things, the computer froze and I needed to hard power down;
    This is by design. Hide the UI, if you want to access other tools or apps, so TCE won't activate ED by default.

    Originally Posted by Jarius View Post (Source)
    - Other minor annoyances that I can't bring to mind right now, and probably many other things that I have yet to discover, since I've only used it for a few hours so far.
    Read the wiki to get more insight into TCE.

    Originally Posted by Jarius View Post (Source)
    This is the only mod I've been able to find that does what I need so far, so I hope I can get it working.
    I am sure, you will. TCE encompasses many funtionalities, so I suggest to start with trading, which TCE is primary designed for.
    Hope it helps.

  15. #6150
    Version [1.7.3] released


    Changelog:
    - Added Mamba and Krait Phantom ship types to the database.
    - Added processing of the new cargo.json export from ED for ships and SRVs.
    - Added EDMC version check and notice back again.
    - Updated one french commodity translation.
    - Removed the Delete Cargo button from the Cargo panel, because it's no longer required.
    - Fixed two small display issues at the Cartography panel.
    - Fixed an issue when deleting older missions from database.
    - Fixed a small display issue with the timespan buttons of the Faction History at the Faction panel.
    - Fixed an issue with the shipdata.json file, if a corruption was detected.

    Notes:
    Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
    Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

    If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

    I like to remind any user, who wants to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
    latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commodities at OneSky. Thanks in advance.