Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: record for largest single trade...

My highest single transaction was 5,480,552 trading crystalline gold a T9 purchased especially for the purpose, and swiftly disposed of afterwards.

Originally Posted by Cmdr Mnumen View Post (Source)
    Anyone know what the record is for the largest profit on a single trade is?

-----
    EDIT
    -----
    Current contenders:

Jesters09 25.9M(!)
    Barman31 11.7M
    Kay Mnumen 9.86M
    EddyRockSteady 6.72M
    fossil 4.4M
    Fredd Mayfield 4.4M
    colprice2002 4.4M
    FalconFly 3.87M
    F.Deladame 3.03M
    777Driver 2.5M
    Gibbralter 2.3M
    Zazzilas Arden 2.2M
    Llao 1.48M
    Commander Mike 1.3M
    Louella 1.2M
    Dear Cmdr Mnumen,
    It's 6.5M and not 1.48M......
    Goodluck and fly safe.
    #ForTheMug

Easiest way to break this record would be to farm barnacles. There's 65 million just waiting to be snapped up. Granted, it will take a wee bit of time but so does everything in Elite

Originally Posted by EddyRockSteady View Post (Source)
    Easiest way to break this record would be to farm barnacles. There's 65 million just waiting to be snapped up. Granted, it will take a wee bit of time but so does everything in Elite
    It would be horrifically slow...
    Given that you can capture 2x per spawn, then you have to transfer to ship's cargo. Reset the instance to get more barnacles, get 2 more, recall your ship drive around 500m, tranfer again...

Mind you, even farming at a rate of 2 every 5 minutes that would result in around 13m of cargo per hour plus now we have the CG to give a little boost to the end result (assuming it has a cash-payout reward)

Can't compete with 25 mill, but 8,9 mill are pretty awesome. Was a full hold of crystalline gold Name:  o9SUQSo.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  4.1 KB

Originally Posted by LLao View Post (Source)
    Dear Cmdr Mnumen,
    It's 6.5M and not 1.48M......
    Goodluck and fly safe.
    #ForTheMug
    Of course! Corrected.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

So, what your saying is, genocide pays?

So, what your saying is, genocide pays?
    Apparently, yes. And rather well at that!

Oh yes, these even a Community Goal currently advocating said Genocide so by all means, don't spare the lasers!

Apparently, yes. And rather well at that!

Oh yes, these even a Community Goal currently advocating said Genocide so by all means, don't spare the lasers!
    This is either a very poor message for FD to send out, or they have a big lesson they intend to to teach us...

This is either a very poor message for FD to send out, or they have a big lesson they intend to to teach us...
    I am so laughing and yes, I hope so.

Originally Posted by Von Shadow View Post (Source)
    Given that you can capture 2x per spawn, then you have to transfer to ship's cargo. Reset the instance to get more barnacles, get 2 more, recall your ship drive around 500m, tranfer again...

Mind you, even farming at a rate of 2 every 5 minutes that would result in around 13m of cargo per hour plus now we have the CG to give a little boost to the end result (assuming it has a cash-payout reward)
    I'm not sure I approve of 'reset the instance'. IMHO that's not really in the spirit of the game and I wouldn't do it that way (mind you, I won't be shooting barnacles anyway cos, you know, genocide). Still, ccan't argue with it if the numbers appear in your stats tab...

Originally Posted by Von Shadow View Post (Source)

Not sure when it changed but i was able to board my ship and the cargo was automatically added to the ships manifest. A small seed up at least .

Name:  IMG_1574.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  133.4 KB

Here is the result of Barnacle Genocide in an anaconda. Kind of hoping someone will show up to find out who has been stealing all their eggs.

Originally Posted by Agonist101 View Post (Source)
    Name:  IMG_1574.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  133.4 KB

Here is the result of Barnacle Genocide in an anaconda. Kind of hoping someone will show up to find out who has been stealing all their eggs.
    I've been parked up next to a Barnacle in a 336-ton Anaconda and the SRV rat-race is soul-destroying..........It just makes absolutely no sense that there's all of a sudden an unlimited supply of meta-alloys from a non-sustainable source.

I've been parked up next to a Barnacle in a 336-ton Anaconda and the SRV rat-race is soul-destroying..........It just makes absolutely no sense that there's all of a sudden an unlimited supply of meta-alloys from a non-sustainable source.
    Unlimited supply? I haven't started on the community goal yet but I was only ever able to get 2 alloy at a time, how is everybody getting so many now?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast