Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2730313233 LastLast

Thread: Elite: Dangerous Market Connector (EDMC)

Ran into an odd occurrence today. First I got kicked out of the game for some reason saying the game couldn't find my account. After a few tries I managed to get back in. Then, as I try that re-logon, I noticed the EDMC being blank. Turns out it dont have the user/pass in the settings anymore so I try to re-type it in vain as it refuses to keep the setting. Now I tried in admin mode and without and various version of the connector but none keeps the setting. I simply cant use it anymore for some reason. Anyone else seen this behaviour?

Edit: Never mind. It seems to have sorted itself once I logged back in fully in the game. Never actually got into the ship before but once I did the connector woke up again.

Originally Posted by Major Klutz View Post (Source)
    You can set it to EDSY, but not the new "preview" look yet.
    EDSY's "new look" is still in preview and from my experience, not quite ready for release yet.
    You can save your ship under the current system and then load it under the preview mode.

EDSY and EDSM are still trying to get updated with all of the new engineering changes.
    What do you think wrong with it? Works better than even the new Coriolis.

Originally Posted by Tromador View Post (Source)
    3.0.4 appears to have broken something in TD .prices file output.

3.0.3 generates lines of the general form

Hydrogen Fuel 131 0 130488L - 2018-04-28 20:14:22

Whilst 3.0.4 is producing

Hydrogen Fuel 131 0 130488L - 2018-04-28T20:08:17Z

Which produces a syntax error upon import.

From the 3.0.4 release notes, I'm guessing "Fix for “This app requires accurate timestamps” error - get timestamps for cAPI-derived data from cAPI server. " did something funky in the TD output too.
    Looks like someone is sticking with ISO 8601 timestamp format

Originally Posted by Tromador View Post (Source)
    3.0.4 appears to have broken something in TD .prices file output.
    This is fixed in release 3.05.

Originally Posted by Otis B. View Post (Source)
    This is fixed in release 3.05.
    Many thanks.

Hi Otis,

Many Thanks for the very handy EDMC application! Can I ask if it possible to install it twice (currently the msi install doesn't enable an installation folder choice) or enable switching between multiple ED accounts? Obviously, I can do this in the settings by entering the other account details every time - but this is less than ideal if I wish to switch to a different ED account!

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Susie
    ~~~~

The program already is capable of switching between multiple accounts.
    I have two accounts and only one installation of EDMC and it works fine.

I switch ED accounts by changing my login to the launcher, which EDMC apparently can sense.

Overlay issue

Hello all,
    I've the steam distribution of the game and I've a problem with overlay. I could not set it to overlay to see it ingame. I've tried the overlay plugin, runnig EDMC before launcher, after the launcher, after the game, disabling steam overlay in steam settings, changed priority of that app, run as administrator But nothing helped. Once the app was on top but it was by mistake or by lucky chance. Next start was EDMC again invisible in the game. Can you please help me? Thanks.

In the game's settings choose “Borderless Windowed” display.
    In the app's settings choose “Always on top”.

Originally Posted by Otis B. View Post (Source)
    In the game's settings choose “Borderless Windowed” display.
    In the app's settings choose “Always on top”.
    Working.... Thanks you saved my life. I was ready to knock the wall (by my head :-) ).

Hey Otis, awesome work you're doing. I've partly been able to enjoy EDMC, but I ran into some trouble. First off: it's requesting a new key from Frontier everytime I start EDMC. I also get an error 13 regarding a cookie.lottanumbers.txt this way it keeps on bugging. Got any idea how to solve these issues? Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by WoodmanGamerNL View Post (Source)
    I also get an error 13 regarding a cookie.lottanumbers.txt this way it keeps on bugging.
    Error 13 is permission denied - so it looks like the app can't read its cookie file. Did you run the app as admin at some point?

Try quitting the app, deleting the folder %LOCALAPPDATA%\EDMarketConnector, and restarting. It will ask you for a verification code again, but it should remember it.
    (To navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA% press Windows-R, type %LOCALAPPDATA%, and press Enter)

I have a 'Frontier Server is Lagging' error updating when the game is not running. When the game is started, the ship is not displayed and sometimes my location is missing.
    I look at the path of the logs in the settings, everything is good. I used it a few days ago, and it worked well. Did I do something wrong?

Edit:
    The problem has settled itself.

I have started getting "error cannot connect to EDDN" with today's update 3.1.0.0. Since I was not having this issue before, do I still need to set port 4430 outbound, or is this a new issue not related to that?

edit* FWIW, setting to 'run as administrator' seems to have fixed it, but is that supposed to be required?...ok, now it's giving the error again...not sure what's going on.

EDDN seems to be having issues at the moment. It’s not related to EDMC version.
    Don’t run as administrator. Why would that help?

Edit: Should be back now.

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2730313233 LastLast