Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 28313233

Thread: Elite: Dangerous Market Connector (EDMC)

Originally Posted by Otis B. View Post (Source)
    EDDN seems to be having issues at the moment. It’s not related to EDMC version.
    Ok, cool man. Thanks for the fast reply.

I just got this:

"EDDN sync Exception Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

...is it related to issues above?

Morning All,

I just recently had to change the motherboard on my PC, which I took the opportunity to upgrade the ssd (m.2) hosting the OS. All appears to be working fine now, and I can launch E on both my main account and my alt using a second account and the runas cmd start.

However EDMC is refusing to start on both my main and as the secondary using runas. I have the same shortcuts copied across that worked without issue before the hardware update and OS move, I can start one instance of EDMC (and this works correctly, correct CMDR and settings), and then the second fails to start with no feedback/error displayed. I have run it from the cmd line to see if this reports anything, but in all cases whichever instance is started first (main or secondary) the next launch fails silently.

any ideas ?

Ta

Andy

Hi.

Just noticed that I've got an awful lot of files in my documents folder, which, I think, are being generated my EDMC. They're only 3k a piece, but there's a lot of them.

Can anyone tell me whether I need these, or whether I can delete them before starting the game. They seem to date back to when I first started playing.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Ansallar View Post (Source)
    whichever instance is started first (main or secondary) the next launch fails silently.
    When the app detects that another instance is already running it tries to access the other instance's process - which should fail if the other instance is running in a different user account. Only if it fails does the app actually start up.

Are you using /noprofile ? If so, don't.

Is one of the user accounts the special built-in but normally hidden Administrator account?

Do you get as far as seeing:
    Attempting to start c:\Program Files (x86)\EDMarketConnector\EDMarketConnector.exe as user "secondaccount" ...
    when you run it from the command line?
    Do you see any text after that?

Originally Posted by Stabby_Dave View Post (Source)
    I've got an awful lot of files in my documents folder, which, I think, are being generated my EDMC. They're only 3k a piece, but there's a lot of them.
    You don't need to keep them unless you want a history of whatever is in them (!). To stop them being generated uncheck everything in the "Output" tab in settings except for "Automatically update on docking".

Hi Otis B. thanks for getting back to me .. RL got in the way of doing anything else

For my main account the shortcut to start EDMC is :

"c:\Program Files (x86)\EDMarketConnector\EDMarketConnector.exe"

For my AltAccount the shortcut to start EDMC is :

C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /savecred /user:sam.a.slade@hotmail.com "C:\Program Files (x86)\EDMarketConnector\EDMarketConnector.exe"

Whichever I start first comes up as expected (alt has different cmdr and color scheme for easy ID) but nothing from the subsequent launch.

If I try launching from the cmd line using the following (my main account) the startup takes a longer time than nromal (approx 1min) I see the process in the TaskMonitor and all is good:

G:\Users\andre\Desktop\Games\Elite>C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /savecred /user:andrew_c_kirby@hotmail.com "C:\Program Files (x86)\EDMarketConnector\EDMarketConnector.exe"
    Attempting to start C:\Program Files (x86)\EDMarketConnector\EDMarketConnector.exe as user "andrew_c_kirby@hotmail.com" ...

G:\Users\andre\Desktop\Games\Elite>

I then start the alt in a similar way:

G:\Users\andre\Desktop\Games\Elite>C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /savecred /user:sam.a.slade@hotmail.com "C:\Program Files (x86)\EDMarketConnector\EDMarketConnector.exe"
    Attempting to start C:\Program Files (x86)\EDMarketConnector\EDMarketConnector.exe as user "sam.a.slade@hotmail.com" ...

G:\Users\andre\Desktop\Games\Elite>

Nothing more, no extra EDMC process in the TaskManager and no further UI feedback/info

If I kill the first running process and then reverse the start order above, the alt EDMC instance correctly starts (again with a 1min+ startup time) but the second startup using either the above, or the simpler

G:\Users\andre\Desktop\Games\Elite>"C:\Program Files (x86)\EDMarketConnector\EDMarketConnector.exe"

results in no further EDMC startup processes

any further ideas ? as I stated this setup ran fine before the forced windows re-install.

the main account is the first (and only) account created when setting up windows 10 and is an administrator. I added the alt account, logged in and set it be adminstrator rights, ran elite + edmc etc on this account to verify everything.

Thanks

Ansallar

Ansallar,

The only way I can duplicate the problem is by disabling UAC.
    If you've disabled UAC then I don't think I can provide a fix.
    If you haven't disabled UAC then I have no idea what's going on, and so also can't provide a fix :-(

So if it asks for my user name and password, how is this not transmitting my username and password to someone other than FD?

Originally Posted by Novo Mundus View Post (Source)
    So if it asks for my user name and password, how is this not transmitting my username and password to someone other than FD?
    The app uses your username and password to retrieve information about the station that you are docked at from Frontier’s “cAPI” server.

Hi Otis,

found a bug with the lastest release, which reports by using the -v parameter "Version 3.12 (3.12 is available)", which indicates, that there is an update available, but it is already up-to-date.

Thanks in advance for fixing the issue.

Eve

Having an issue where it continuously says that it "cannot login!" to Inara.

I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 88
Size:  868 Bytes

I've tried changing the login email to the login username, that doesn't work. I tried using the api key instead of the password, no go.
    I can't even tell if it's actually having this problem, or if this is a false error message. On Inara's end, it seems that the EDMC is communicating to them properly.

Originally Posted by Tentacle Love View Post (Source)

I've tried changing the login email to the login username, that doesn't work. I tried using the api key instead of the password, no go.
    I can't even tell if it's actually having this problem, or if this is a false error message. On Inara's end, it seems that the EDMC is communicating to them properly.
    Inara changed their API and the Inara plugin appears to be unmaintained at present (last update was in 2017). I looked into this a couple of days back myself.

You could use EDDiscovery instead to upload to Inara (not aware of anything else at the moment) or wait until somebody resurrects the plugin.

Actually, I appear to have been using an out-of-date version.. just found the current version here but I won't be able to test if it works till tonight.

Originally Posted by Tentacle Love View Post (Source)

I have been using EDMC version 3.12 https://github.com/Marginal/EDMarketConnector/releases since yesterday.
    Logging in or transferring data to INARA also worked. I have been using my INARA key since March 2018.

Greetings nepomuk

Hello!

I love EDMC. But it seems since the update that I am repeatedly getting "Frontier Servers Lagging" error message and EDMC will not update my status. I've verified that the file path is correct in Configuration. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Verified path again. Nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 28313233