Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: Elite: Dangerous Market Connector (EDMC)

I ended up doing just that. Thanks for the reply.

Open Beta (Jan 2018) interaction?

I'm an active EDDB/EDMC user.

Is there a seperate eddb instance for the beta, and does edmc use it?

If not - what happens when I play open beta?
    • Will edmc recognize that and do no updates?
    • Will edmc feed false (aka beta universe) information into eddb?
    • Will other eddb / edmc functions (like ship info etc) work separately for the beta?

In other words; will using emdc do damage? Will using edmc be any good at all?

In beta EDMC sends updates to eddb and other sites via EDDN using a test schema, which eddb and other sites skip. So this is harmless.
    EDSM and Inara integration is disabled in order to not mess up your flight log and profiles on those sites.
    The only useful feature (other than testing for developers) is ship loadout and EDShipyard/Coriolis links.

I've just upgraded - now the Market Connector "starts" (within Task Manager) but nothing appears.
    Bit stuck.... :\

Originally Posted by DeLaucey View Post (Source)
    I've just upgraded - now the Market Connector "starts" (within Task Manager) but nothing appears.
    Please PM me the file %TMP%\EDMarketConnector.log.
    Then please try killing the program from Task Manager, and re-starting it.

Originally Posted by Otis B. View Post (Source)
    Please PM me the file %TMP%\EDMarketConnector.log.
    Then please try killing the program from Task Manager, and re-starting it.
    No need to PM it - it literally just contains :

E Market Connector 2.4.9.0 2018-01-28T11:55:26

Nothing else!

However, I started it with Oculus Home OFF and Elite not running and it has started now...so maybe it doesn't like running with Rift home already up?

Originally Posted by DeLaucey View Post (Source)
    However, I started it with Oculus Home OFF and Elite not running and it has started now...so maybe it doesn't like running with Rift home already up?
    That’s going to be difficult to diagnose unless someone wants to buy me an Oculus.
    Only other thing that occurs to me is do you have the app set up to output to an external or network drive, and that drive wasn’t connected?

Originally Posted by Otis B. View Post (Source)
    Thatís going to be difficult to diagnose unless someone wants to buy me an Oculus.
    Only other thing that occurs to me is do you have the app set up to output to an external or network drive, and that drive wasnít connected?
    Nope, it's installed on a local disk, as is the game, and it's pointing to the correct folders.
    I think it must have been something random, as it's starting with Oculus home running now - but it definitely had an "unhappy couple of days"

Just to make sure you are aware - when auto updating Inara using EDMC my credits and current assets are updated but the current assets fails to take into account the value of the stored modules saved on Inara. If I update Inara by uploading my journal then Inara does take the value of the stored modules into account and it is included in the current assets. This results in an incorrect total for current assets when using the auto update from EDMC.

Originally Posted by Logan Terrik View Post (Source)
    when auto updating Inara using EDMC my credits and current assets are updated but the current assets fails to take into account the value of the stored modules saved on Inara.
    This should be fixed in 3.0 which allows EDMC to upload your stored modules and assets directly to Inara.

What does the green dot next to the system name mean? Why does that sometimes change to a yellow star?

Originally Posted by Gaiseric View Post (Source)
    What does the green dot next to the system name mean? Why does that sometimes change to a yellow star?
    A star means a first discovery on EDSM, green means already known.

Originally Posted by AnthorNet View Post (Source)
    A star means a first discovery on EDSM, green means already known.
    I haven't had anything that wasn't a first discovery since 7th Feb so I shouldn't be getting any green circles. The problem would seem to be, as I've just discovered, that I was accidentally running two copies of EDMC. The one on top had green circles, and the one hidden underneath had gold stars. Sorry for being an idiot.

Great tool. Thanks for making it and sharing!

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526