Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Elite G19s Companion app (with simulated space traffic control)

I don't have a replacement G1x keyboard yet, plan on that soon, but this as a standalone with chatter is FANTASTIC. With some limited code adaptions this could be a killer Android App I suspect.

(edited because I actually read the install details)

EDIT: Incoming email

Ok, here's the deal, I am trying to run this on a machine that ISN'T running the game. The game folder is shared from the active game but since it's a Win. 10 homegroup system it freaks out with the path. I would love to have this applet run on the laptop so I can glance over and the laptop had better speakers for this.....

...ideas?

EDIT: I love the chatter, I have running in the background as I am working

I heard that someone had the same set up as you describe. You will need to make sure that the ED logs folder is shared across your network. You can then edit the C:\Users\<YourName>\AppData\Roaming\EliteG19s\options.json file and change the EliteFolder to your shared drive (make sure you double the backslashes, otherwise the app won't get it). That should work. But this isn't from personal experience, so I'd love to hear if you manage to get it working!

Originally Posted by MagicMau View Post (Source)
    I heard that someone had the same set up as you describe. You will need to make sure that the ED logs folder is shared across your network. You can then edit the C:\Users\<YourName>\AppData\Roaming\EliteG19s\options.json file and change the EliteFolder to your shared drive (make sure you double the backslashes, otherwise the app won't get it). That should work. But this isn't from personal experience, so I'd love to hear if you manage to get it working!
    Well, sharing the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Frontier\EDLaunch\Products\elite-dangerous-64" but the other machine sees "\\NEEDLASCH\Fox Purtill\elite-dangerous-64" an the change to either
    "\\\Homegroup\\Fox Purtill\\elite-dangerous-64"
    or
    "\\\FOX-PC\\EdDLaunch\\Products\\elite-dangerous-64"

Seems to make nodifference... get:

15/02/2016 13:38:15: Windows version: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.10586.0
    15/02/2016 13:38:15: Exception occurred: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: o. Path 'EliteFolder', line 3, position 23.
    15/02/2016 13:38:15: at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()
    at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadInternal()
    at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read()
    at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader.Skip()
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.HandleError(JsonReader reader, Boolean readPastError, Int32 initialDepth)
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Populate(JsonReader reader, Object target)
    at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.PopulateInternal(JsonReader reader, Object target)
    at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.PopulateObject(String value, Object target, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
    at EliteG19s.EliteG19sOptions.Load()
    at EliteG19s.EliteG19sOptions..ctor()
    at EliteG19s.ScreenManager..ctor()
    at EliteG19s.Windows.EliteG19sApplicationContext..ctor()
    at EliteG19s.Windows.Program.Main()

EDIT: That error was the same with "\\\Homegroup\\Fox Purtill\\elite-dangerous-64\\Logs" as well

EDIT II: Tried again, just to be sure...
    "\\\Homegroup\\Fox Purtill\\elite-dangerous-64"
    "\\\FOX-PC\\EdDLaunch\\Products\\elite-dangerous-64"
    "\\\Homegroup\\Fox Purtill\\elite-dangerous-64\\Logs"
    "\\\FOX-PC\\EdDLaunch\\Products\\elite-dangerous-64\\Logs"

(And for kicks, with bad path error, ie-removing the first '\')
    "\\Homegroup\\Fox Purtill\\elite-dangerous-64"
    "\\FOX-PC\\EdDLaunch\\Products\\elite-dangerous-64"
    "\\Homegroup\\Fox Purtill\\elite-dangerous-64\\Logs"
    "\\FOX-PC\\EdDLaunch\\Products\\elite-dangerous-64\\Logs"

Should I just share the log dir and aim at that... I suspect the same issue because the drive isn't letter assigned

Since this is kind of a web browser perhaps it can be openly shared as a server and than share the localhost ip to the other machine like I do (not the same, I know) with ED Toolbox?

Suggestion: offer the option to log into EDMC if you have the account to gather the data from there and the logs are not needed in that case.

Suggestion 2: For those of us with explorer tendencies... add random distant sounds and static if no station and hints at distant unknown signals or faint but undefined chatter like a bounced echo... so all players needs are affected.

Hmmmm--- I suppose I might be able to copy any new files in the log folder to the laptop every time VA activates a new system... Messy coding.... But would be a temp fix....

EDIT: This is just me thinking aloud but if this allowed used to link to a id feed with the Pilots name and a "ship name" (as set my your app) that if 2 pilots are in the same system the app could use the name of pilots and ship to ack they are in range... maybe something like...
    "Commander {name} had been recorded in the system"
    "Ship {ShipName}, system traffic has you in system {system}"

Or related... makes a more interactive chat. That would mean that a list of what system each person is in on a database online to match. But would only need the small amount to get and wouldn't matter if it was a quick pass thru.

Originally Posted by foxpur View Post (Source)
    "\\FOX-PC\\EdDLaunch\\Products\\elite-dangerous-64\\Logs"
    Try it with four slashes at the beginning, like so: \\\\FOX-PC\\EdDLaunch\\Products\\elite-dangerous-64\\Logs.

By the way, good suggestion for EDMC, I'll look into that. Also, there might already be some chatter in unexplored space, who knows? I find salvageable wreckage far outside the bubble, there may be pilots in need everywhere ;-)

Try it with four slashes at the beginning, like so: \\\\FOX-PC\\EdDLaunch\\Products\\elite-dangerous-64\\Logs.

By the way, good suggestion for EDMC, I'll look into that. Also, there might already be some chatter in unexplored space, who knows? I find salvageable wreckage far outside the bubble, there may be pilots in need everywhere ;-)
    Ah hah!!!! We have action... a bit different than yours... and MAYBE mine too... but what worked was...
    "\\\\FOX-PC\\EdDLaunch\\Products\\elite-dangerous-64"

Suggestion: Add in scrambled comms... common in real ATC... require telling 1 to stop and ID another to go... Could then ok the 1 that was told to wait... or if can't do after id the first reply they are good as say whoever was missed, repeat.

(Saving for a G19s by the way... be a few months on my disability)

EDIT: Wish this was a overlay options with adjustable transparency...

Good to hear you got it working. Regarding the overlay, check out the awesome "OnTopReplica", that should allow you to overlay the app on top of Elite.

Good to hear you got it working. Regarding the overlay, check out the awesome "OnTopReplica", that should allow you to overlay the app on top of Elite.
    Will do, it's that white top bar I don't like (no offense)

EDIT: Oooooh!!! I get it!!!! Cool!!!

EDIT2: Umm... the applet freezes the graphics when minimized. I noted this when OnTopReplica froze... very pointless but worth noting

Suggestion: Color change option. The default orange doesn't match my pale blue There is a kinda of 'general selection' range you could offer.

WOW

Awesome work. I love you.

Thanks man!

Today I added Logitech Arx support to the app, so that you can use your mobile or tablet as a second screen to display the companion app. Just download the latest version of the Logitech Gaming Software (8.81), update the app (which it will do automatically next time you run it) and it will connect to the Arx app. As always, if you run into any trouble, let me know.

I'd forgotten how much value the chatter added to Freelancer. It's great to have that option in Elite as well. Thankyou.

For those using this to listen to Radio Sidewinder they have changed the URL to a new server... you need to edit the the Options File to the new addressx:
    http://streaming.radio.co/se23f7435a/listen

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast