Page 51 of 52 First 4749505152 Last

Thread: Elite G19s Companion app (with simulated space traffic control)

My favourite app, but having difficulty today upgrading to 3.3.0 with Frontier API authorisation repeatedly saying 'something went wrong'. Old version EliteG19s works.

Only change here is new version of Elite Dangerous and am wondering if anyone else has had problem upgrading EliteG19s after upgrading to latest version of ED.

Logged into Frontier so believe it is not an account/password problem.

Edit: EDMC is reporting Frontier Server is down as at 11:33, this may be the cause The game server is running fine though, did recall reading somewhere on the forums yesterday that some 3rd party apps now authenticate differently with latest ED release and some promised old/new authentication overlap didn't materialise?

Originally Posted by iTrooper View Post (Source)
    Besides PhilipsHue, I would LOVE to see LIFX compatibility with this.

Lifx works off your home's network, so maybe it's possible to rig something up to send commands to it, I donno.
    Looking at their site it seems as if they don't support external apps controlling their lights. You might want to see if you can connecct these lights to a Philips Hue Bridge if you happen to have one. I recently saw a video of someone connecting their IKEA lights, so maybe that works for these lights as well?
    Sorry I can't be of more help, if they publish an API that I can use, I'm happy to take a look at it!

Nevermind, just read the servers are having issues

Originally Posted by CMDR The Lord Marshal View Post (Source)
    did recall reading somewhere on the forums yesterday that some 3rd party apps now authenticate differently with latest ED release and some promised old/new authentication overlap didn't materialise?
    Hope everything is back to working order for you now! As for the new authentication method, I read something similar. I'll follow EDMC here, as I'm uploading the data to their EDDN network anyway.

Here is the quote I recalled from the authors of EDDI "Yes the Frontier API has changed its authentication protocol and we were not given the transition period that we were promised. This means that for the time being, the API is unavailable to EDDI. EDMC and EDDiscovery are in the same boat.

When I have more info I will update you."

Still unable to authenticate EliteG19s as of today Sunday.

Hey MagicMau, as noted earlier in thread, love the tool and use it with each visit to the ED Galaxy.

Question, with latest ED update/version, I find that G19 only updates EDSM flight log data (though there are G19 log.txt entries noting issues with EDSM as well).
    Inara, EGO, and EDDB currently do not appear to update. There may be others in there tied to Orrery rendering as well.

The G19 log.txt is quite full with entries including:
    Code:
    01:51:42.954 -       "Error: Exception handling journal event:... System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    01:51:42.955 - Error: Error detected in JournalWatcher, no longer sending data to external parties.

03:20:56.479 -     Warning: Error reading response: Error reading JObject from JsonReader. Current JsonReader item is not an object: StartArray. Path '', line 1, position 1.
    03:20:56.583 -     Warning: Exception caught for https://www.edsm.net/api-v1/system?showId=1&showCoordinates=1&showInformation=1&systemName=IC%201396%20Sector%20OL%2DR%20b20%2D1: Additional text found in JSON string after finishing deserializing object. Path '', line 1, position 2.

04:43:51.589 -       Error: Error while loading icon (gas-station, size Huge / 640, color Orange / orange): EliteG19s.Images.gas-station-640-orange.png.
    along with various other warnings.

thoughts?

thx!

Yes, as it turns out it's currently not possible for third party apps to connect to the Frontier companion API, making it impossible to download the market data. For now I would recommend turning that option off in the Sharing Options while I update the app to compensate.
    Hopefully soon a better fix will be available!

Wonderful app/profile for the G19. Thanks very much for creating and sharing!

Originally Posted by MagicMau View Post (Source)
    Yes, as it turns out it's currently not possible for third party apps to connect to the Frontier companion API, making it impossible to download the market data. For now I would recommend turning that option off in the Sharing Options while I update the app to compensate.
    Hopefully soon a better fix will be available!
    Any update on this?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Segwin View Post (Source)
    Any update on this?
    Yes, a helpful developer of another app shared an example on the changes Frontier has implemented. So I am now translating that to the G19 app. I hoped to have it available sooner, but unfortunately other real life stuff has limited the amount of development time I have had the past few weeks... :-S

Yes, a helpful developer of another app shared an example on the changes Frontier has implemented. So I am now translating that to the G19 app. I hoped to have it available sooner, but unfortunately other real life stuff has limited the amount of development time I have had the past few weeks... :-S
    Thank you. Real life comes first always.

Cheers.

Hello, wonderful app. Is there any chance this could be used with the Razer Deathstalkers LCD?

Love the app. Take your time.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by DR_JFZoidberg View Post (Source)
    Hello, wonderful app. Is there any chance this could be used with the Razer Deathstalkers LCD?
    It's a really pretty keyboard, but unfortunately Razer doesn't make it easy to program their stuff. I see some information on Github, but I'm not sure if it's enough for me to make it work. I'll check it out, and if someone from Razer sees this, maybe they can send me one of their keyboards

Just a head's up: I messed up my local copy of the EDDB database (which I use in the app to set things up for Space Traffic Control), so please bear with me while I fix things. Might take a day or two though. In the meantime, supercruise might be a bit more quiet than you're accustomed to!