Page 54 of 54 First 50525354

Thread: Elite G19s Companion app (with simulated space traffic control)

Originally Posted by real_mister View Post (Source)
    MagicMau, I'd like to report a crash: everytime I try to resize the window the application shuts itself down. Also I'd like to suggest it to be a sub menu, so we don't have
    to pass for all the size options in order to settle with one.
    Thanks for the crash report, will look into it! Regarding the sizes being a sub menu, they already are If you go into the Options, select Open New Window, choose a size and then close the other window. Alternatively, you can use the system tray icon (next to the Windows clock) and its right click menu to create a window in your desired size.

Originally Posted by real_mister View Post (Source)
    Another suggestion: is there a way to set latitude and longitude on the phone app? It would be awesome.
    That's a great suggestion! Thanks, I'll add that in.

Originally Posted by DChamp View Post (Source)
    How well does this work with the ole G15 KB? I've been using mine forever, and lately, it's kinda useless except for the clock/date.
    It should work pretty good, although that being a monochrome display, there will be less info on screen. But I've tried to include as much as possible. Make sure you install an up to date Logitech Gaming Software to allow the app to communicate with your keyboard though!

Originally Posted by MagicMau View Post (Source)
    Thanks for the crash report, will look into it! Regarding the sizes being a sub menu, they already are If you go into the Options, select Open New Window, choose a size and then close the other window. Alternatively, you can use the system tray icon (next to the Windows clock) and its right click menu to create a window in your desired size.

That's a great suggestion! Thanks, I'll add that in.

It should work pretty good, although that being a monochrome display, there will be less info on screen. But I've tried to include as much as possible. Make sure you install an up to date Logitech Gaming Software to allow the app to communicate with your keyboard though!
    The last time I tried to install a Logitech G15 software, it wouldn't work very well (I'm on Windows 10 also).
    Do you by any chance have a good link for the newest software that'll work?
    Oh, and any way there's a version without the youtube/twitch as it's not usable with the G15?
    Thanks in advance!

The last time I tried to install a Logitech G15 software, it wouldn't work very well (I'm on Windows 10 also).
    Do you by any chance have a good link for the newest software that'll work?
    Oh, and any way there's a version without the youtube/twitch as it's not usable with the G15?
    Thanks in advance!

Try this one, should work just fine: https://support.logitech.com/en_us/p...oard/downloads, get the 64 bit version just to be sure.

And you're right, on the G13/G15 video playback is not possible, there is a simple audio visualizer though

Originally Posted by MagicMau View Post (Source)
    Try this one, should work just fine: https://support.logitech.com/en_us/p...oard/downloads, get the 64 bit version just to be sure.

And you're right, on the G13/G15 video playback is not possible, there is a simple audio visualizer though
    Thanks. I have it installed now (Logitech software). So, I just have to install the one msi file, right?

Hey folks. Distant Radio moved to different servers and plugin in Companion app doesn't work currently. I figure it was not reported yet as last post here is from before the migration happened. Cheers

I really like this companion app. And after not playing for a while updated the app. But now when I'm playing a radio station the space traffic gives a weird silent right before playing.

So I'm just listening to a radio, and when the voice from space traffic starts talking the music stops for like half a second right before the space traffic message starts playing.

MagicMau...Your app has finally made me make the leap to buy a Hue Bridge and two Hue Play Light Bars to enhance my gaming experience. They had a deal finally that gave you the bridge free at Best Buy if you bought the two pack of lights or two LED strips.

Thanks. I have it installed now (Logitech software). So, I just have to install the one msi file, right?
    Yup!

Originally Posted by Major Issue View Post (Source)
    Hey folks. Distant Radio moved to different servers and plugin in Companion app doesn't work currently. I figure it was not reported yet as last post here is from before the migration happened. Cheers
    Oh, why did they do that... I'll push out an update over the weekend, in the meantime, you can manually edit the C:\Users\MajorIssue\AppData\Roaming\EliteG19s\options.json file to change the url manually.

Originally Posted by Not2Real View Post (Source)
    I really like this companion app. And after not playing for a while updated the app. But now when I'm playing a radio station the space traffic gives a weird silent right before playing.
    So I'm just listening to a radio, and when the voice from space traffic starts talking the music stops for like half a second right before the space traffic message starts playing.
    There's an option that you can disable: Options > Audio Options > Pause Audio On > and make sure all the boxes are unchecked. Does that change anything? Or maybe for some reason the traffic control's quindar tones do not work for you?

Originally Posted by Dahill View Post (Source)
    MagicMau...Your app has finally made me make the leap to buy a Hue Bridge and two Hue Play Light Bars to enhance my gaming experience. They had a deal finally that gave you the bridge free at Best Buy if you bought the two pack of lights or two LED strips.

That sounds like a really good deal! They don't do many deals with them here unfortunately.
    What do you think of them? Let me know if you have any issues or ideas for improvement for the Hue! I must admit, it's been a little while since I've used them in combination with the app, but everything should still work

MagicMau,
    I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I have not been able to get my Hue Play Lights to perform with the app. Can you verify yours is still working? Otherwise I have no idea what I am doing wrong. It doesn't seem to want to connect with the bridge. When I check the options file it seems set up correctly, but they never react. ANy help or ideas would be great.

Originally Posted by Dahill View Post (Source)
    MagicMau,
    I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I have not been able to get my Hue Play Lights to perform with the app. Can you verify yours is still working? Otherwise I have no idea what I am doing wrong. It doesn't seem to want to connect with the bridge. When I check the options file it seems set up correctly, but they never react. ANy help or ideas would be great.
    Hi Dahill, first things first: have you been able to create an entertainment group in the Hue app for those lights? That's a very important first step. You can do so in the settings of the Hue app on your tablet or phone.
    Second, you might need to help G19s to find your Hue bridge on the network. I'm just copying a bit what I've written earlier below (find it here)

The app now also supports Philips Hue. For this to work you will first need to create an entertainment zone. You can do this in the Hue app, for instance on your mobile phone or tablet.

After that, you can enable Philips Hue support in the app, by checking the Enabled option in the options screen for Hue.

The app will then search for a Hue bridge. If it can find one it will try to connect. Sometimes you will need to set the Hue bridge IP address manually in the options file (see here), because the app can't find the bridge.

When the app has found a bridge, the first time it will ask you to push the Link button within the next 60 seconds. If you do, the app and the bridge will exchange an AppKey and EntertainmentKey. These are stored in the options file and the connection has been successfully established.

The app uses Hue to set overall colors (either by sampling the colors on screen, or by using an in-theme color), and can be used when playing light effects. For example, a pulsing red light is shown when the game finds that you are in danger (near a star, under attack).
    Hope these tips help. If it doesn't and you have Discord, please hop on there (https://discord.gg/Ew7Baq5), there's a few other players who are successfully using the Hue functionality. I'm sure with our combined efforts we are able to get it up and running for you!

MagicMau. I think I got it (Hue) working, but I am not sure if it is working as it should. I am getting a standard color of a dull white that is slightly shifting with other colors within game. I was honestly thinking it would be an extension of the ARX effects and look similar. Am I still doing something wrong? I don't even know "how" it is supposed to look. Lol.