Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Elite G19s Companion app (with simulated space traffic control)

bump, any news ? update ?

also I want to know if the distress call i hear time to time is simulated or not ? quite disturbing to not know if it's a true call or not and how to respond if it's a player requiring help

Originally Posted by Seolenn View Post (Source)
    bump, any news ? update ?

also I want to know if the distress call i hear time to time is simulated or not ? quite disturbing to not know if it's a true call or not and how to respond if it's a player requiring help
    It's simulated

I just pushed out a new update, which includes some additional features. I have also tried to add in some additional checks for extra stability, let me know if you run into any additional issues.

Can this great app 'talk' with Voice attack & Eddi ..,

VoiceAttack, definitely! I have been using that combination myself with great success. You can find the plugin to control the app from within VoiceAttack and an example VoiceAttack profile here: http://apps.magicmau.nl/EliteG19s-v2...-EliteG19s.zip.

You can probably integrate it into the EDDI profile as well, however, I'm neither an expert in authoring VoiceAttack profiles nor do I use EDDI, so I'm afraid I can't really help you there.

Originally Posted by foxpur View Post (Source)
    It's simulated
    ok, thanks !

Originally Posted by MagicMau View Post (Source)
    I just pushed out a new update, which includes some additional features. I have also tried to add in some additional checks for extra stability, let me know if you run into any additional issues.
    Thanks a lot for your work cmdr =D

MagicMau, request,

Could you have the app announce the system you are arriving in with a base "(callsign), This is (SystemName) system control. We have you incoming from (LastSystem). You frequency has been set, welcome Commander"
    If no base, or no base found, a digital announce "Unable to locate local system controller while entering (SystemName). No frequency found. Request added in next system."

If feeling very immersive, when you jump out of a system with a base "Next system frequency requested on arrival. Come back again commander."

Having problems sadly, it appears the app doesn't have permission to write to Roaming/ and I can't seem to find a way to force it. It also does't seem to run immediately after download. I get a 'Cannot start' error, with an 'Access Denied' message in the log.

Win 10 64bit 16Gb RAM.

So it seems BitDefender REALLY doesn't like this app. I've tried excluding the exe, folder, parent folder...it even crashed it, which I've never managed to do before.

Not really sure what else to do other than remove BitDefender, which I don't really want to...

Originally Posted by Kaltern View Post (Source)
    So it seems BitDefender REALLY doesn't like this app. I've tried excluding the exe, folder, parent folder...it even crashed it, which I've never managed to do before.

Not really sure what else to do other than remove BitDefender, which I don't really want to...
    I removed BitDefender because it was so bad at letting authorized files thru.... but never tried it on Win10. The only trouble I had installing was on install MY virus scanner on the firewall of the router was arguing with me.

Originally Posted by Kaltern View Post (Source)
    Having problems sadly, it appears the app doesn't have permission to write to Roaming/ and I can't seem to find a way to force it. It also does't seem to run immediately after download. I get a 'Cannot start' error, with an 'Access Denied' message in the log.

Win 10 64bit 16Gb RAM.
    Hi there Kaltern! This is a first, I haven't heard this particular issue before. I am distributing the app as a "ClickOnce" application, perhaps BitDefender doesn't like those?

Once upon a time, I made a portable version that you can download using this link, can you see if that works? It is an older version of the app though. When I release the next version (with API, EDDN and EDSM integration, yay!) I can update the portable version as well.

MagicMau, request,

Could you have the app announce the system you are arriving in with a base "(callsign), This is (SystemName) system control. We have you incoming from (LastSystem). You frequency has been set, welcome Commander"
    If no base, or no base found, a digital announce "Unable to locate local system controller while entering (SystemName). No frequency found. Request added in next system."

If feeling very immersive, when you jump out of a system with a base "Next system frequency requested on arrival. Come back again commander."
    Hi Foxpur, the next version of Elite (2.2) will likely come with a new journal for tools such as this one. It should provide me with much more information. I am already starting work on a tour guide ;-) Your request is doable with this new journal. Right now, I only get the signal in the middle of witch space, so that doesn't really work. Thanks for the suggestion though, it's added to the list!

Originally Posted by MagicMau View Post (Source)
    Hi there Kaltern! This is a first, I haven't heard this particular issue before. I am distributing the app as a "ClickOnce" application, perhaps BitDefender doesn't like those?

Once upon a time, I made a portable version that you can download using this link, can you see if that works? It is an older version of the app though. When I release the next version (with API, EDDN and EDSM integration, yay!) I can update the portable version as well.

Hi Foxpur, the next version of Elite (2.2) will likely come with a new journal for tools such as this one. It should provide me with much more information. I am already starting work on a tour guide ;-) Your request is doable with this new journal. Right now, I only get the signal in the middle of witch space, so that doesn't really work. Thanks for the suggestion though, it's added to the list!
    Just call me Fox, it IS my real first name, Fox Purtill (have fun in Google with that)

The witchspace toggle could handle the new arrival part

Question....idea:
    These 2 events...
    1) "Is anyone out there"
    2) "Out of fuel"

Could you assign a button on the app (and allow a keyboard hotkey, will llow keyboard or VA to use as stand alone) that will cause a 'reply' - maybe a
    1) "You are not alone, commander" from a automated ship response and have they other pilot be thrilled there is another voice
    2) "We hear you. Fuel Rats have been called. Drop a notification buoy and shut down all system but life support." And they will be thrilled... may even hear a distant acknowledgement to them to from the Fuel Rats 'Hold on pilot! This is the Fuel Rats, we are on the way.'

That will add a massive interaction and add to the immersion by quite a distance.
    If the button is NOT pressed they will continue to call for help.

EDDI does the system calling out using Voice Attack if doubling up happens , we need the ability to turn it off

Really like the news been readout , but seldom use it, as VA for calling , the function, just kinda of works sometimes

I removed BitDefender because it was so bad at letting authorized files thru.... but never tried it on Win10. The only trouble I had installing was on install MY virus scanner on the firewall of the router was arguing with me.

Same removed it ages ago.

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast