Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 394243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Elite G19s Companion app (with simulated space traffic control)

Originally Posted by WindWpn View Post (Source)
    Hello, QQ, is there a future plan to update G19 to use WinRT speech synthesis APIs as compared to SAPI? I recently updated my gaming rig to Win10 1803, and am attempting to add all the regional English voices for use in G19 (had that setup when I was on 1607) - really adds immersion to have variety for NPC, CMDR, and traffic voices! However, now only David, Zira, and Hazel are available (defaults in Win 10 SAPI). However, via WinRT, you can easily add many more voices into Win10 SST; however, those are not available to G19.
    It takes a bit of effort, but with this easy trick (https://apps.magicmau.nl/EliteG19s-v...ent-MoreVoices) you can add all the Windows 10 voices to the app. Hope that helps!

Originally Posted by MagicMau View Post (Source)
    It takes a bit of effort, but with this easy trick (https://apps.magicmau.nl/EliteG19s-v...ent-MoreVoices) you can add all the Windows 10 voices to the app. Hope that helps!
    sounds good, in becoming familiar with "regediting" I found a way to leverage all the WinRT voices, in SAPI by simply pointing to them via their registry keys. Pretty simple file location replace effort. Found it on some forum thread which noted how to pull Cortana's voice (eva) into SAPI for use in all non-windows/legacy apps. I now have Ravi, David, and the entire STT gang now operation via G19! Good times

traffic content is editable?

Is the traffic content editable? ie, in a separate text'ish file somewhere? I'd like to add a little color to mine, like different kinds of maydays (besides fuel and interdiction).

I like how the content is tailored to the system you are in. Would it be possible to increase that integration by taking into account the "state" of the system? ie, Famine would have requests for pilots to look for and accept food missions, where civil war would be requests for armor and weapons. Also, advisories about whats locally illegal.

BTW, I used the link shown a couple of msgs above to add all the english speaking voices to the traffic. It makes a world of difference.

Originally Posted by Emtwo View Post (Source)
    Is the traffic content editable? ie, in a separate text'ish file somewhere? I'd like to add a little color to mine, like different kinds of maydays (besides fuel and interdiction).

I like how the content is tailored to the system you are in. Would it be possible to increase that integration by taking into account the "state" of the system? ie, Famine would have requests for pilots to look for and accept food missions, where civil war would be requests for armor and weapons. Also, advisories about whats locally illegal.

BTW, I used the link shown a couple of msgs above to add all the english speaking voices to the traffic. It makes a world of difference.
    Yes, the content of the traffic messages is in a simple textfile. However, right now it's compiled in the executable itself. Drop me an email at magicmau at gmail dot com and I can share it with you. That is, if you don't mind that you're improvements will be embedded in a future version of the app.

I have made a very basic scripting language to annotate the scripts to allow them to be tailored to local systems. Your idea to take the state of the system into account can be done, absolutely. I already do that if there's a war going on. But, it's all limited to the available information on the factions that's also available on third party websites such as EDDB. The app cannot read into the memory of the game and retrieve real time values.

Version 3.1.0

OK, so I am releasing version 3.1.0 of the EliteG19s app... It will be a phased release. Mostly because I am using a totally new installer, updated the app to be 64 bits and there have been quite a few changes under the hood.

Therefore there is a slight chance it may blow up in people's faces. In which case I'd rather have only a few people be impacted by it That being said, I've tested it extensively with my QA department (which is me, on my computer and a Windows 7 virtual machine). And I can proudly say: it works on my machine.
    But just to be safe, I'm first releasing it here, in this post, and later on, I will push it out as an auto-update to everyone.

There is a new link for this new version: https://apps.magicmau.nl/EliteG19s/EliteG19s-latest.msi

Apart from the changes mentioned above, the full list of changes is:

• Philips Hue support! Connect your Philips Hue bridge to have your whole room mirror the LED effects that the app produces.
    • Ambilight! The app mirrors the screen's ambient color on your Philips Hue lights and / or your Logitech keyboard.
    • Inara! The app can now connect to Inara and upload your stats.
    • Multiple CMDR support! The app now supports multiple CMDR profiles.
    • Save Windows! The app can now remember your open windows and reopen them the next time you start.
    • Security! Passwords are now stored in the Windows Credential Manager to be even more secure.
    • Updated Spotify interface! Unfortunately Spotify has broken the way the app streams music. But if you have the Spotify app installed on your PC, EliteG19s is still able to control Spotify for you, just like before.
    • 64 bits! The app is now a 64 bit application.
    • New tray icon! The system tray icon is now white, to better match the default Windows color scheme.
    • Taskbar buttons! The little preview when you hover the taskbar icon now includes multimedia controls.
    • New installer! The latest Windows update did not really like the way this app was installed, so I now provide a separate installer and auto-update mechanism.
    • You can now click on a news item to open it in the app.
    • Updated a few pronunciations for the NPC text-to-speech
    • Updated the Space Traffic Control scripts with thanks to input from CMDR Emtwo
    • Add option to specify where to show messages when having multiple windows / displays
    • And of course, there have been a bunch of bugs fixed

The new installer should help with people that run into the stricter Smartscreen checks in Windows 10 version 1803.

Please let me know any feedback you might have regarding the new version and/or the installer so I hopefully can push it out to everyone in a couple days.

OK, so I am releasing version 3.1.0 of the EliteG19s app... It will be a phased release. Mostly because I am using a totally new installer, updated the app to be 64 bits and there have been quite a few changes under the hood.

Therefore there is a slight chance it may blow up in people's faces. In which case I'd rather have only a few people be impacted by it That being said, I've tested it extensively with my QA department (which is me, on my computer and a Windows 7 virtual machine). And I can proudly say: it works on my machine.
    But just to be safe, I'm first releasing it here, in this post, and later on, I will push it out as an auto-update to everyone.

There is a new link for this new version: https://apps.magicmau.nl/EliteG19s/EliteG19s-latest.msi

• Philips Hue support! Connect your Philips Hue bridge to have your whole room mirror the LED effects that the app produces.
    • Ambilight! The app mirrors the screen's ambient color on your Philips Hue lights and / or your Logitech keyboard.
    • Save Windows! The app can now remember your open windows and reopen them the next time you start.
    • Security! Passwords are now stored in the Windows Credential Manager to be even more secure.
    • Updated Spotify interface! Unfortunately Spotify has broken the way the app streams music. But if you have the Spotify app installed on your PC, EliteG19s is still able to control Spotify for you, just like before.
    • New tray icon! The system tray icon is now white, to better match the default Windows color scheme.
    • Taskbar buttons! The little preview when you hover the taskbar icon now includes multimedia controls.
    • New installer! The latest Windows update did not really like the way this app was installed, so I now provide a separate installer and auto-update mechanism.
    • Updated the Space Traffic Control scripts with thanks to input from CMDR Emtwo
    • Add option to specify where to show messages when having multiple windows / displays

The new installer should help with people that run into the stricter Smartscreen checks in Windows 10 version 1803.

Please let me know any feedback you might have regarding the new version and/or the installer so I hopefully can push it out to everyone in a couple days.
    o7, interesting changes but unfortunately my installer keeps outputting errors :-( How can I fix or help fixing this problem?
    Fly Save CMDR

Originally Posted by MBGTBenjamin View Post (Source)
    o7, interesting changes but unfortunately my installer keeps outputting errors :-( How can I fix or help fixing this problem?
    Fly Save CMDR
    Thanks Benjamin! You can try to run the msi file from the command prompt:
    • Open a File Explorer to the folder where the msi file is downloaded
    • In the address bar of the File Explorer, type "CMD" and press enter
    • This should open a command prompt in the right folder
    • in that command prompt type: EliteG19s-3.1.0.msi /lv install_log.txt
    • this will run the installer, which will probably give an error, and log that error in the .txt file
    • please send me the install_log.txt file (magicmau at gmail dot com)

I have already received word of a bug when you have non-standard HUD colors that may cause a crash (but not in the installer), I hope to put out a fix for that later today.

I just discovered this app a few days ago and really love it. Thank You.

I am wondering about an issue I'm having with this new update....
    I have the Philip Hue options set to Use Ambilight: On and Play Effects: Off , but when an event happens such as getting scanned or entering combat, all my bulbs still flash a red alert pattern. I think it is neat having that effect happening with my Logitech keyboard LEDs, but having my whole room flashing for the full duration of every dog fight is a bit too much. I hope to just have the lights reflecting the atmospheric colors of my surroundings at all times and leaving the effects to the keyboard only if possible.

Originally Posted by Devarn View Post (Source)
    I have the Philip Hue options set to Use Ambilight: On and Play Effects: Off , but when an event happens such as getting scanned or entering combat, all my bulbs still flash a red alert pattern. I think it is neat having that effect happening with my Logitech keyboard LEDs, but having my whole room flashing for the full duration of every dog fight is a bit too much. I hope to just have the lights reflecting the atmospheric colors of my surroundings at all times and leaving the effects to the keyboard only if possible.
    So, if I understand you correctly, you have the Hue settings set to ambilight only and have the Logitech keyboard set to play the effects?

Seems like I may have overlooked this scenario while testing it myself and it should be relatively straightforward to fix. I'll look at it tonight, I'm planning on another release sometime this week (to add in the new ships and perhaps other changes due to the new game version), and I'll make sure this fix will be included. Thanks for letting me know!

So, if I understand you correctly, you have the Hue settings set to ambilight only and have the Logitech keyboard set to play the effects?

Seems like I may have overlooked this scenario while testing it myself and it should be relatively straightforward to fix. I'll look at it tonight, I'm planning on another release sometime this week (to add in the new ships and perhaps other changes due to the new game version), and I'll make sure this fix will be included. Thanks for letting me know!
    I just tested a little more by turning Off the Effects setting in both the Hue and Logitech LED options at the same time...even with both set to Off, the blinking red lights still triggered during the same events.
    I noticed a little red " ! " icon surrounded by a red triangle that flashes by the time and date in the App UI window if that helps to let you know what triggers the event.

After each option change, I restarted the app to make sure the changes backed up correctly to the options file.

I hope this helps narrow it down a little for you.

Unfortunately I have a similar problem: I turned off the Logitech LED Lights because I have my own RGB-Profile for Elite but every time I start your application, it creates it's own profile. I delete it every time but if something happens in the game (red ! notification in the App UI) it overrides my RGB settings.
    I hope you understood my poor description of the problem and can fix this in the future.

I just tested a little more by turning Off the Effects setting in both the Hue and Logitech LED options at the same time...even with both set to Off, the blinking red lights still triggered during the same events.
    I noticed a little red " ! " icon surrounded by a red triangle that flashes by the time and date in the App UI window if that helps to let you know what triggers the event.
    Originally Posted by MBGTBenjamin View Post (Source)
    Unfortunately I have a similar problem: I turned off the Logitech LED Lights because I have my own RGB-Profile for Elite but every time I start your application, it creates it's own profile. I delete it every time but if something happens in the game (red ! notification in the App UI) it overrides my RGB settings.
    I hope you understood my poor description of the problem and can fix this in the future.
    Thank you both for describing the issue. Turns out there were a couple cases (most notably the danger flashes) where it didn't respect the setting. In version 3.1.2 (now available!) it should be better. There are still a couple cases when you disable the RGB leds and enable Hue things might not work as expected. Please let me know if you find a combination that's not working correctly.

Other improvements in 3.1.2 are improved support for mono screens, new ships added to the Arx tools dropdowns and a slightly improved Hue Bridge detection algorithm. I'll try to update the manual for the 3.1.x release over the weekend But I might buy a Krait and forget all about this promise...

By the way, space traffic control is currently available in English and Spanish. If you play the game in any of the other available languages (German, French, Russian) and want to have space traffic control in your own language, feel free to volunteer to translate the traffic control scripts Simply send me a PM or drop me an email!

Thank you both for describing the issue. Turns out there were a couple cases (most notably the danger flashes) where it didn't respect the setting. In version 3.1.2 (now available!) it should be better. There are still a couple cases when you disable the RGB leds and enable Hue things might not work as expected. Please let me know if you find a combination that's not working correctly.

Other improvements in 3.1.2 are improved support for mono screens, new ships added to the Arx tools dropdowns and a slightly improved Hue Bridge detection algorithm. I'll try to update the manual for the 3.1.x release over the weekend But I might buy a Krait and forget all about this promise...
    It appears to be working really well now. The Keyboard is flashing the appropriate alert events and Hue Lights are solely displaying the Ambilight of surroundings with no red flashes.

It might be my imagination, but the Hue Lights might be hanging up on their present display when I enter a red alert event that makes the keyboard blink...after the event ends, the Hue Lights start tracking the ambilight environment changes again. I've only had a chance to do a few dogfights, so if I'm incorrect I'll let you know. Even so, I'm loving how well it is working now. So, be sure to jump in that Krait of yours and blow off some steam, I know I will be!
    Settings are Logitech LED - Set Overall Color: On , Show LED Effects: On, Use Ambilight: Off Philip Hue - Use Ambilight: On , Play Effects: Off

I did a few more dogfights and can confirm it that the Hue Lights are freezing up at the start of the red alert triggers and resume tracking Ambilight as soon as it ends.

I did a few more dogfights and can confirm it that the Hue Lights are freezing up at the start of the red alert triggers and resume tracking Ambilight as soon as it ends.
    Thanks, I will look into it for the next version.

Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 394243444546 ... LastLast