Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 434647484950 LastLast

Thread: Elite G19s Companion app (with simulated space traffic control)

Originally Posted by loki12345 View Post (Source)
    I absolutly love this tool! Especially the traffic chat and the radio option! Really cool!
    Thanks! In the notification I received for this new comment, you also had a couple questions. Since you edited them out, I suppose they have been answered in the meantime?
    Let me know if you run into any issues getting the Arx app up and running, and don't forget you will need to install the Logitech Gaming Software on your PC for it to work.

Also, you mentioned hotkeys. I think you've found them already, but there is not one to bring the window up front and center. I will add a couple commands for that.

Hi MagicMau!

Yes, i wrote down this questions and did not completly checked the initial thread so yes, everything works fine, no problems here :-)

version 3.2.0!

There is a new version. I will activate the auto update tomorrow, but if you want to get ahead of the curve, you can install this new version manually with this link. Here's a short list of what's new:

• Spotify integration has been completely reimplemented because Spotify stopped supporting a lot of options for 3rd party apps. I have been able to reimplement it. Unfortunately, due to the changes on Spotify's end, it is now premium subscriber only. I have included an internal player if you don't have or want the desktop client running, but it is at a slightly lower quality unfortunately.
    • Orreries too have had a large overhaul, resulting in performance gains AND planetary rings.
    • Orrery screens now have little icons that you can use to zoom in and out AND speed up time.
    • Recreated the orrery audio visualization, to make the planets dance more.
    • You can now upload your scans to Elite Galaxy Online.
    • Twitch works again.
    • Improved Inara integration.
    • Philips Hue detection algorithm has been improved.
    • And of course, there have been a bunch of bugs fixed!

Hope you like it!
    If you encounter any bugs, you know where to find me

Hi,

you are doing everything to make me add a dedicated monitor for Orrery screen ! The location indicator is great, I really like it!

Best regards!

Hi,

I use the ARX app, but Wifi connection is not too stable.

Here is a guide, how to connect an Android device with USB. Haven't tried yet, but looks simple.

https://zapek.com/blog/reliable-moni...d-arx-control/

Best regards!

Hi,

I did a test with the 'ARX-over-USB' stuff. Semi success. The thing basically works, the performance monitor works (like it was described in the linked description), and some of the G19 App's functions work too. Webradio info (song, artist, radio name) is OK, multimedia buttons work, but the Elite related info, or preset radio stations are not coming. Important to notice, that I use the universal ADB driver for my noname tablet, maybe that's the issue.

I just picked up ED again after a long absence, and started using this tool to listen to tunes without ever having to alt-tab out to change anything. Gotta say, it's pretty slick.

I was wondering, would it be possible to reduce the volume of a radio station while playing ATC or pilot messages, so they don't get drowned out?

Also, is anyone having trouble getting Radio Skvortsov to work? I can play it just fine in a browser window but using this program I just get dead air.

Originally Posted by CLAVDIVS View Post (Source)
    I just picked up ED again after a long absence, and started using this tool to listen to tunes without ever having to alt-tab out to change anything. Gotta say, it's pretty slick.

I was wondering, would it be possible to reduce the volume of a radio station while playing ATC or pilot messages, so they don't get drowned out?

Also, is anyone having trouble getting Radio Skvortsov to work? I can play it just fine in a browser window but using this program I just get dead air.
    ..... Just when I think I'm done with a new version, there's always this one more thing Hi! Thanks for using my app!

Your request turned out not too hard to build, so I did that earlier this morning. Will be in the very next version as an option in Space Traffic Control: Dim music while transmitting.

I love Radio Skvortsov and listen to it almost daily, had no problem opening it just now. What could be is that maybe you have used a very old version of this app before (as you mentioned you haven't played ED in a while)? In that case the URL might have been updated in the meantime. Easiest way would be to delete the options.json file in C:\Users\Clavdivs\AppData\Roaming\EliteG19s, or if you don't want to do that, open that file in Notepad or something and look for the line that says Radio Skvortsov. The url is just below that and should read http://streaming.radionomy.com/Radio-Skvortsov.

Originally Posted by MagicMau View Post (Source)
    ..... Just when I think I'm done with a new version, there's always this one more thing Hi! Thanks for using my app!

Your request turned out not too hard to build, so I did that earlier this morning. Will be in the very next version as an option in Space Traffic Control: Dim music while transmitting.
    Nice! My intuition was that it wouldn't be hard to do, but it's been wrong before. I couldn't discount the possibility of there being some technical barrier that made it go wibbly.

I love Radio Skvortsov and listen to it almost daily, had no problem opening it just now. What could be is that maybe you have used a very old version of this app before (as you mentioned you haven't played ED in a while)? In that case the URL might have been updated in the meantime. Easiest way would be to delete the options.json file in C:\Users\Clavdivs\AppData\Roaming\EliteG19s, or if you don't want to do that, open that file in Notepad or something and look for the line that says Radio Skvortsov. The url is just below that and should read http://streaming.radionomy.com/Radio-Skvortsov.
    I just nuked it from orbit and reinstalled. I checked every station, and they all work except for Radio Skvortsov, Galnet Radio, and Sci-Fi Radio. The three that have radionomy.com in their URLs, interestingly. Skvortsov and Galnet both work fine if I listen from their Radionomy page; Sci-Fi is just giving me the "listen on Radionomy" message even when I'm there, so maybe it's having an unrelated issue. The URL for Skvortsov matches the one you posted.

So, I don't frickin' know. It's weird, and frustrating, and possibly only happening to literally me. Radionomy seems to be a fan of geo blocking; maybe it thinks I'm somewhere they don't like? I'll try pretending to be different places via VPN and see what happens.

EDIT: Apparently when I route my VPN through Canada, they work?! The website works with or without it, though. I'm flummoxed, but at least I have a workaround of sorts?

So, I don't frickin' know. It's weird, and frustrating, and possibly only happening to literally me. Radionomy seems to be a fan of geo blocking; maybe it thinks I'm somewhere they don't like? I'll try pretending to be different places via VPN and see what happens.

EDIT: Apparently when I route my VPN through Canada, they work?! The website works with or without it, though. I'm flummoxed, but at least I have a workaround of sorts?
    It is weird, but it does seem like a geoblock. Hopefully it's just temporary! On the other hand, if it does work from the Radionomy site itself, could you try one thing for me? There is an option to download the .m3u file (link is called "Listen to this station in your media player"). Would be interesting to see what links are in that file. Maybe there's a different link for you than for me?

PS: Another workaround is Third Rock Radio, they broadcast similar styles of music, just without the funny adverts and intermissions

Originally Posted by MagicMau View Post (Source)
    It is weird, but it does seem like a geoblock. Hopefully it's just temporary! On the other hand, if it does work from the Radionomy site itself, could you try one thing for me? There is an option to download the .m3u file (link is called "Listen to this station in your media player"). Would be interesting to see what links are in that file. Maybe there's a different link for you than for me?
    Sure thing. I opened the file in Notepad++ and here's what it had:

Code:
    http://streaming.radionomy.com/Radio-Skvortsov?lang=en-US%2cen%3bq%3d0.9
    Something odd: When I first clicked "preview post" after pasting it in, the first two lines got joined into one. I turned on "show all characters" in NP++ just in case, and each line ends with a CR and LF. So that might just be a browser or forum issue.

I'm still confused as to why a geoblock would affect the app but not the website. Maybe something to do with where the site's hosted and how they work the backend?

PS: Another workaround is Third Rock Radio, they broadcast similar styles of music, just without the funny adverts and intermissions
    But I LIKE the adverts and intermissions. But yeah, Third Rock is pretty nice.

But I LIKE the adverts and intermissions. But yeah, Third Rock is pretty nice.
    Something else that is worth trying: does it help if you change the url in options.json to "http://listen.radionomy.com/radio-skvortsov.m3u"? Not sure what makes Radionomy work its geoblock magic, but perhaps retrieving the m3u first works? Or you change it to one of the lines you got when you downloaded the file manually. If neither of those work, I'm afraid I'm out of options for now.

version 3.2.1!

Next time you'll start the app, it will ask you to download the 3.2.1 update. I hope you like it! The most notable change is in the orrery view, which has gotten a drastic overhaul. Let me know what you think of it! I still have a couple things on my to-do list for it, so stay tuned.

Here's a direct link: https://apps.magicmau.nl/EliteG19s/EliteG19s-latest.msi

And here is a link to the updated manual: https://apps.magicmau.nl/EliteG19s/D...9s-Manual.html

Other than the orrery, the following changes and improvements have been made:

• Spotify integration has been completely reimplemented because Spotify stopped supporting a lot of options for 3rd party apps. I have been able to reimplement it. Unfortunately, due to the changes on Spotify's end, it is now premium subscriber only. I have included an internal player if you don't have or want the desktop client running, but it is at a slightly lower quality unfortunately.

• Orrery screens now have little icons that you can use to zoom in and out AND speed up time.

• Recreated the orrery audio visualization, to make the planets dance more.

• New option to dim the music when local traffic is talking.

• You can now upload your scans to Elite Galaxy Online.

• Local music metadata reading has been improved.

• Twitch works again.

• Hardware acceleration for Youtube and Twitch enabled.

• Improved Inara integration.

• Philips Hue detection algorithm has been improved.

• And of course, there have been a bunch of bugs fixed!

Always excellent work... they need to hire you at Frontier

Originally Posted by foxpur View Post (Source)
    Always excellent work... they need to hire you at Frontier
    Thanks, Fox!

I have received some reports from people who run into issues when starting the app after upgrading. This seems to occur when you have installed it in a different location than the default (either this version or a previous version). In this case the app gets confused which files to load and stops working.

Just now, I have refreshed the installer to include version numbers on every file to hopefully prevent this from happening. If you happen to have downloaded the installer before the timestamp of this comment, AND you are unable to start the app, you might want to uninstall all versions of the G19s app and reinstall using the refreshed installer.

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 434647484950 LastLast