Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344

Thread: Elite G19s Companion app (with simulated space traffic control)

Originally Posted by WindWpn View Post (Source)
    Hello, QQ, is there a future plan to update G19 to use WinRT speech synthesis APIs as compared to SAPI? I recently updated my gaming rig to Win10 1803, and am attempting to add all the regional English voices for use in G19 (had that setup when I was on 1607) - really adds immersion to have variety for NPC, CMDR, and traffic voices! However, now only David, Zira, and Hazel are available (defaults in Win 10 SAPI). However, via WinRT, you can easily add many more voices into Win10 SST; however, those are not available to G19.
    It takes a bit of effort, but with this easy trick (https://apps.magicmau.nl/EliteG19s-v...ent-MoreVoices) you can add all the Windows 10 voices to the app. Hope that helps!

Originally Posted by MagicMau View Post (Source)
    It takes a bit of effort, but with this easy trick (https://apps.magicmau.nl/EliteG19s-v...ent-MoreVoices) you can add all the Windows 10 voices to the app. Hope that helps!
    sounds good, in becoming familiar with "regediting" I found a way to leverage all the WinRT voices, in SAPI by simply pointing to them via their registry keys. Pretty simple file location replace effort. Found it on some forum thread which noted how to pull Cortana's voice (eva) into SAPI for use in all non-windows/legacy apps. I now have Ravi, David, and the entire STT gang now operation via G19! Good times

traffic content is editable?

Is the traffic content editable? ie, in a separate text'ish file somewhere? I'd like to add a little color to mine, like different kinds of maydays (besides fuel and interdiction).

I like how the content is tailored to the system you are in. Would it be possible to increase that integration by taking into account the "state" of the system? ie, Famine would have requests for pilots to look for and accept food missions, where civil war would be requests for armor and weapons. Also, advisories about whats locally illegal.

BTW, I used the link shown a couple of msgs above to add all the english speaking voices to the traffic. It makes a world of difference.

Originally Posted by Emtwo View Post (Source)
    Is the traffic content editable? ie, in a separate text'ish file somewhere? I'd like to add a little color to mine, like different kinds of maydays (besides fuel and interdiction).

I like how the content is tailored to the system you are in. Would it be possible to increase that integration by taking into account the "state" of the system? ie, Famine would have requests for pilots to look for and accept food missions, where civil war would be requests for armor and weapons. Also, advisories about whats locally illegal.

BTW, I used the link shown a couple of msgs above to add all the english speaking voices to the traffic. It makes a world of difference.
    Yes, the content of the traffic messages is in a simple textfile. However, right now it's compiled in the executable itself. Drop me an email at magicmau at gmail dot com and I can share it with you. That is, if you don't mind that you're improvements will be embedded in a future version of the app.

I have made a very basic scripting language to annotate the scripts to allow them to be tailored to local systems. Your idea to take the state of the system into account can be done, absolutely. I already do that if there's a war going on. But, it's all limited to the available information on the factions that's also available on third party websites such as EDDB. The app cannot read into the memory of the game and retrieve real time values.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344