Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NAMES and DATES of future Horizons major patches

NAMES and DATES of future Horizons major patches

Here you are !
    2.0 – Planetary Landings
    Available Now
    A whole new angle on the galaxy. Journey from the stars to the surfaces of strange worlds, and hit the ground running in the new Scarab Surface Recon Vehicle.

2.1 – The Engineers
    Coming Spring 2016
    Everything changes. Introducing an expanded mission system and game-changing loot. Craft exotic weapons and modules for your spacecraft and build a ship unlike any other.

2.2 – Guardians
    Coming Summer 2016
    Take what comes and strike back with double. Bring a second ship to every combat encounter with Ship-Launched Fighters and defend your passengers against the deadliest threats in the galaxy.

2.3 – The Commanders
    Coming Fall 2016
    Team up and stand together. Forge your own identity with the new Commander Creator, then share your bridge with Multi-Crew and fly with friends.

2.4 – ????
    Coming Soon
    A secret revealed in Elite Dangerous: Horizons’ final expansion.
    https://www.frontierstore.net/eur/ga...zons-dlc.html/

Good spot, thanks.

2.2 - "defend your passengers".... oh really?

Nice one :-) so happy with this...

I'm hoping the Spring, Summer, Autumn are March, May & August like 2015

Originally Posted by sensai25 View Post (Source)
    NAME ans DATES of future horizons major patches
    I think it's generous in the extreme to call any of those release timescales "dates"

Good spot though, thanks!

Wait...

When did they start selling Horizons as a DLC pass instead of a standalone product?

They apparently added a thing called 'Deluxe Edition'

Today - I'll get you the link...

Here you are
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=230150

Originally Posted by Cynaqq View Post (Source)
    Wait...

When did they start selling Horizons as a DLC pass instead of a standalone product?

As of today. Its less confusing to the Steam Generation. The only difference seems to be that the season pass is now £25 rather than £40-£10 discount.

Originally Posted by Cynaqq View Post (Source)
    Wait...

Today lol they posted about it yesterday.

Edit: Double ninja'd

Wooo! Passenger Missions confirmed! Thargoids strongly hinted at! ... hold on, I have to wait until Autumn before I can have a face?!?

This is going to be a hard 9 months...

£25 is more like it.

Originally Posted by Edith_The_Hutt View Post (Source)
    Wooo! Passenger Missions confirmed!
    I'm not so sure. It's possible that what they're referring to there is that fact that, once you've taken off from your own ship in a ship-launched fighter (or once you take off from a mates ship in a ship launched fighter), the AI/Person left flying the main ship is the "passenger".

Also (from another thread) ...

Originally Posted by sensai25 View Post (Source)
    2.1 – The Engineers
    Coming Spring 2016
    Everything changes. Introducing an expanded mission system and game-changing loot. Craft exotic weapons and modules for your spacecraft and build a ship unlike any other.
    Ship naming in 2.1 ... called it!

Dammit I should have waited until Feb before I bought Horizons... Ill have to remember this for the next season pass.
    So does it reduce by £5 every month, and after 6 months they start having to pay us to play it?

My thoughts:

2.1 Engineers
    This will be good if they ditch what ever is going on in my back pocket to make 100s of rounds of ammunition and actually put it in the refinery like they should have done in the first place. Plus add all the items into the commodities market and allow us to haul around modules (and ships) in our cargo hold.

2.2 Guardians
    So is my anaconda's description going to be changed from 'The Anaconda can also be upgraded with a docking bay allowing small fighters up to Sidewinder size to be carried and launched.' to 'The Anaconda can also be upgraded with a docking bay allowing small fighters up to paper plane size to be carried and launched.'
    Seriously I want to launch a hauler (or even a sidewinder) from my giant anaconda so I can interact with outposts.

2.3 The Commanders
    Will be interested to see what happens
    when the owner of the ship disconnects.
    Please allow us to pick up others SRV's on ground and space so they can act like escape pods.

2.4 – ????
    Coming Soon
    A secret revealed in Elite Dangerous: Horizons’ final expansion.

This seems like a 'We're not confident we'll have finshed all the other elements so if push comes to shove we can reveal 2.4 to be some extra bobbleheads and still call it a surprise'.

As mods are now shutting down duplicate threads and pointing at this one, would it be sensible to fix the typo in the title? It's a little confusing.

There you go people.

A roadmap.

Now sit down and be quiet!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast