Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Brestla Port Adjustment

Oh boy here we go. Doesn't matter if the increase is well justified, when people see +20% cost, they start barking.

I just found out about this, and think it's a fantastic idea...a station where everything can be found for an extra price. It's a convenience charge. I don't know if 20% is a reasonable markup, but the concept of a markup really works here.

Originally Posted by RwD View Post (Source)
    Oh boy here we go. Doesn't matter if the increase is well justified, when people see +20% cost, they start barking.
    I'm not complaining, a price increase makes sense when you account for the fact that there is a gravity well involved - I imagine that all planetary bases will have similar pricing (maybe scaling with gravity). I just wanted to make sure I understood what was meant by "services".

Originally Posted by Faybs View Post (Source)
    I'm not complaining, a price increase makes sense when you account for the fact that there is a gravity well involved - I imagine that all planetary bases will have similar pricing (maybe scaling with gravity). I just wanted to make sure I understood what was meant by "services".
    My comment was not targeting what you said sir :)

I think there should be more fluctuation in prices across all systems with regard to ships and modules. There, I said it! War should make weapons and armour more expensive, Boom should make cargo racks and cargo scanners more expensive. Outbreak makes Life Support more expensive and SCVs cheaper (because who would want to risk going planet side and getting sick?). Lockdown should make FSDs cost more, while Expansion could make Fuel Scoops and Fuel Tanks cost more. Make it so, FD! You could also cause fluctuation in ship prices based on what has been shot down and 'replaced' by Player and NPCs. If an excessive number of Anacondas have been killed due to CG pirate hunting, make them 2-3% more expensive to buy new in that system and 1% for surrounding systems.

Originally Posted by Jediben View Post (Source)
    I think there should be more fluctuation in prices across all systems with regard to ships and modules. There, I said it! War should make weapons and armour more expensive, Boom should make cargo racks and cargo scanners more expensive. Outbreak makes Life Support more expensive and SCVs cheaper (because who would want to risk going planet side and getting sick?). Lockdown should make FSDs cost more, while Expansion could make Fuel Scoops and Fuel Tanks cost more. Make it so, FD!
    Yes, I do hope we'll see a dynamic economy system one day.

Nice. Another place to avoid like a plague.
    '
    20%? Seriously? That's just a blatant scam.

20% is a bit harsh. 10% I'd understand, but 20% negates my bounty bonus entirely. I'll just buy at my usual haunts.

Originally Posted by CMDR Rasputin View Post (Source)
    And just like that, i Sola has become pointless. Well played, FD. *SMH*
    Speak for yourself. The whole point of the CG was to upgrade I Sola Prospect so the Imperial Inquisition's main event, The Hunter Games, would be much improved.

Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    One thing that was meant to be added but was unfortunately missed is an additional price increase to go with the increased services. As such there has been a 20% increase in services from that port - I just wanted to make sure people were aware.
    That absolutely should have been made clear during the CG. It most certainly would have affected player choice.

Originally Posted by Szyslak22 View Post (Source)
    That absolutely should have been made clear during the CG. It most certainly would have affected player choice.
    Indeed. Dropping it post hoc like this stinks of bait-and-switch. Makes me very glad I have Jameson access and did not waste my time on the CG.

Some sort of markup certainly makes sense as a balancing factor, but 20% is an extreme outlier that demonstrates ignorance of what drives player behavior. The kinds of high-end equipment that can be hardest to find are the very kinds that no one in their right mind is going to want to pay a 20% markup to get.

Not well thought-out, either in detail or in execution.

Originally Posted by Szyslak22 View Post (Source)
    If this is for station services not counting the shipyard and the outfitting I'm fine with it, if there's a markup on outfitting and the shipyard I never would have wasted my time getting in the top 10% and staying there for days afterward shooting for the top 10. I moved a lot of tonnage personally so that newer players would have a one stop shop just like us careers with too much time on our hands. I planned to make a video to reccomend it and make the viewers aware of the community events that happen there. If I'm understanding this correctly I'll be referring them to go get ripped off by the Imperial Inquisition and by frontier since you would have to own horizons to have access.

this is why we can't have nice things..
    way to shoot yourself in the foot FD, this was probably going to be a huge incentive to buy horizons.

Originally Posted by CMDR Rasputin View Post (Source)
    And just like that, i Sola has become pointless. Well played, FD. *SMH*
    It's not pointless at all.

For those complaining, stop being gimps. There are many other aspects of this game more deserving of complaints!

Zac i dont like anymore!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast