Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Brestla Port Adjustment

Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    What rumours?
    Slick zac, real slick.

Good, there should still be an incentive to rank up in CQC now

Man am I glad I got my FDL kitted out when I did there.

Originally Posted by Troa Barton View Post (Source)
    If this is for station services not counting the shipyard and the outfitting I'm fine with it, if there's a markup on outfitting and the shipyard I never would have wasted my time getting in the top 10% and staying there for days afterward shooting for the top 10. I moved a lot of tonnage personally so that newer players would have a one stop shop just like us careers with too much time on our hands. I planned to make a video to reccomend it and make the viewers aware of the community events that happen there. If I'm understanding this correctly I'll be referring them to go get ripped off by the Imperial Inquisition and by frontier since you would have to own horizons to have access.

this is why we can't have nice things..
    way to shoot yourself in the foot FD, this was probably going to be a huge incentive to buy horizons.
    Just to point out, the Imperial Inquisition knew nothing about this. It came as a shock to us as well.

Not complaining about the fact that the price has increased, there must be a good reason, just explain what the reason is please, rather than let us all guess and jump to conclusions.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know a small change being made.

Recently there was the addition of services in I Sola Prospect in Brestla after a fantastic effort in the CG.

One thing that was meant to be added but was unfortunately missed is an additional price increase to go with the increased services. As such there has been a 20% increase in services from that port - I just wanted to make sure people were aware.

The group leaders of TIIQ have been made aware and hopefully there should be no disruption to services such as the famous hunter games which will be coming again soon. There are rumours that myself and Ed may be offering ourselves as bullet sponges participants for the event

We're really sorry for any confusion caused.

Thanks,

Zac
    This sounds just like a bad way to kill rumours about Frontier being biased about Empire and TIIQ, sirs you just made a bad move doing this without warning, one bad move of many, you are not earning your players this way.

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

This user was unable to follow the forum rules and ended up banned or suspended! :(
    Originally Posted by Uri View Post (Source)
    This sounds just like a bad way to kill rumours about Frontier being biased about Empire and TIIQ, sirs you just made a bad move doing this without warning, one bad move of many, you are not earning your players this way.
    In ten years, at a university faculty dedicated to programming and software design:

"Today's presentation: 'Online game development: How not to do it - or: The tragic history of Elite Dangerous."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maybe someone was concerned that I Sola might steal Jameson Memorial's thunder hehe. Politics.

Adding 20% means that you can kit out your ship fully at one place but with a penalty for the convenience.

You can then upgrade those modules for cheaper versions at your leisure as you flit round the bubble.

It makes sense, I'm not sure what the issue is.

Everyone is able to earn access to Founder's World for the same convenience without the penalty.

It seems a more interesting solution than just making one place have everything at standard price.

CMDR Britain
    The Thargoids are not the enemy
    "Alien archeology and other mysteries" archive | YouTube | Images/Audio

Does that mean if I buy modules else where and sell them at the station, I can make a profit? Or do they need to see the receipt!
    !!!

Originally Posted by Faybs View Post (Source)
    I'm not complaining, a price increase makes sense when you account for the fact that there is a gravity well involved - I imagine that all planetary bases will have similar pricing (maybe scaling with gravity). I just wanted to make sure I understood what was meant by "services".
    If that is the logic used then the prices of commodities on planets should be increased by 20% as well.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Originally Posted by RwD View Post (Source)
    Oh boy here we go. Doesn't matter if the increase is well justified, when people see +20% cost, they start barking.
    It is not well justified. 20% is huge.
    Do traders make 20% more profit delivering good to this planet? No, but we are expected to pay 20% more for the stuff that we buy.
    Who in their right mind would buy a ship here? No one
    Most people outfit at LYR where the prices are adjusted -15%. This is a difference of 35%.

FLEET: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Cobra MKIII, Cobra MKIV, DBS, Type-6, DBE, Imperial Courier, ASP Scout, Vulture, Federal Assault Ship, Imperial Clipper, ASP Explorer, Fer-De-Lance, Python, Anaconda, Federal Corvette, Imperial Cutter

Has it been confirmed that the 20% applies to everything, i.e. services, outfitting and the shipyard? Zac's comment was

...an additional price increase to go with the increased services. As such there has been a 20% increase in services from that port...
    Now, granted, the increased services seems to be referring to the recent change making all modules and ships available. I'm not sure but I don't think the CG changed availability of services e.g. re-fuelling, re-arming etc... So that suggests that the services Zac's referring to in the second bit of the quote also refers to outfitting and ships, but I still think there's at least some room for doubt.

for what it's worth, & as others have said, I'd see no problem with 20% on services & 20% on modules; at least while modules can be sold elsewhere for the purchase price, it's not really an absolute loss.

20% on ships though, ouch....

Come on Zac, we need clarification on this. I read it as meaning a 20% increase in fuel and repairs but others seem to think it means modules and ships too.
    Please let us know which it is before more noses get put out of joint.
    Hail the Emperor

Bask in Her Glory

Originally Posted by bitstorm View Post (Source)
    Adding 20% means that you can kit out your ship fully at one place but with a penalty for the convenience.

You can then upgrade those modules for cheaper versions at your leisure as you flit round the bubble.

It makes sense, I'm not sure what the issue is.

Everyone is able to earn access to Founder's World for the same convenience without the penalty.

It seems a more interesting solution than just making one place have everything at standard price.
    I guess opinions will differ regarding whether it makes sense or not, but I think that's not the point: it's more important is that such a change is announced after(!) the CG has been completed. The goal description didn't contain anything about a price change/penalty, and, no matter whether people think it's good or bad, the problem is no one knew about it or had expected this. If you're putting a real lot of hours into a CG like this, only to find out the goal turns to be out quite different than it was announced, you'll think twice about putting a lot of time into the next CG – and that's not a good thing for the game.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast