Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Brestla Port Adjustment

The ability of FD to communicate effectively with it's customers (player base) regularly falls below expectations. It's unfortunate that such an awesome game is marred by lacklustre community management.

Haha what a troll move. Was this done to discourage other player factions to also ask for a full-service station?

Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    Suspect we will be more spongy
    That might be true now considering how many people you've upset.

It will be interesting to check this place out in a few weeks. I'm guessing that noone will go there. Just like Jaques has become a CMDR ghost town. Went there a couple of days ago and no other CMDR had been in the previous 24 hrs.
    WANTED CRIMINAL Limoncello Lizard
    CAPITAL CRIMES Loitering, Onion Head Smuggling, Overdue Library Book
    CRIMINAL ASSOCIATES Borasetani Syndicate, Brotherhood of Terra Matter, Chapter of Isinor, Conservatives of Tiliala, Crom Silver Boys, Defence Party of Nastrond, Dukes of Jotun, Gilya Law Party, HIP 118311 Posse, Hodack Prison, LTT 198 Order, Luyten 347-14 Prison, Peregrina Aristocrats, Pi Mensae Brotherhood, Sacra Oculus, Sirius Corp, Sublime Order of Van Maanen's Star

Well, it would appear that FD don't feel inclined to clarify this so it's reasonable to presume that people's fears were well founded and that it WILL be affecting modules and ships too. Disappointing. Very disappointing.
    Hail the Emperor

Bask in Her Glory

I really don't have much to add besides giving a personal view.

For a long time ED had been laying dormant for me as I played other games. Then Horizons came and I also became a proud member of The Imperial Inquisition. The CQ at Brestla finally gave me a real incentive to participate and to try and make a difference.

I was overjoyed when we completed the goal. My next step was to go far out and explore the galaxy for the first time.

Then Frontier came and blew it. There are so many things that are blatantly wrong about this price hike, but my main quarrel is with the fact that they announced it AFTER the CQ had finished and also that it makes The Imperial Inquisition look bad for no reason.

I have lost my enthusiasm for this game. You can argue that I'm overreacting, but my past experiences had caused me to already have a love-hate relationship towards Frontier. This was the last straw. Maybe I'll check back in a few months, maybe not.

7. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #52
    Originally Posted by Jerakeen View Post (Source)
    Come on Zac, we need clarification on this. I read it as meaning a 20% increase in fuel and repairs but others seem to think it means modules and ships too.
    Please let us know which it is before more noses get put out of joint.
    Sorry for the delay. The 20% was added to outfitting and shipyards. I understand this isn't great for all Commanders tand they were very much excited to be able to do all their upgrades in one location but the addition was to ensure there is some balance but also allows TIIQ to perform the events they were looking fro from the CG.
    Head of Community Management

Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    Sorry for the delay. The 20% was added to outfitting and shipyards. I understand this isn't great for all Commanders tand they were very much excited to be able to do all their upgrades in one location but the addition was to ensure there is some balance but also allows TIIQ to perform the events they were looking fro from the CG.
    Don't you see is very wrong to do this after the CG already finished?

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

This is balanced. There aren't any other all-modules systems that everyone has access to, but prices should reflect the convenience.

Agree, price increase is balanced

11. This is the last staff post in this thread. #56
    Originally Posted by Uri View Post (Source)
    Don't you see is very wrong to do this after the CG already finished?
    Hi Uri, I understand the concerns and I know that we should have made this clear when the CG started. However, we have spoken with the leaders of TIIQ to explain the situation and we explained in the first post. It wasn't deliberate but it is something that for the longer term balancing of the game need to be in place. We do appologise for the confusion in the messaging. I know the TIIQ guys have been very kind in accepting the changes which is really great and I know that the changes shouldn't effect the awesome hunter games events either, so looking forward to those.
    Head of Community Management

Guess we won't sell those cutters, condas and corvettes any time soon...

Can anyone confirm the ongoing 15% discount at Diaguandri/Ray Gateway please? Last date was the 7th Feb.Cheers

"Hey guys, its a normal station" -> THATS ABSURD WHY WOULD I GO THERE!!!!!
    "Hey guys, it sells everything but at 20% markup" -> THATS ABSURD WHY WOULD I GO THERE!!!!!!
    "Hey guys, it has limited selection but at 20% reduction" -> THATS ABSURD WHY WOULD I GO THERE!!!!!!
    "Oh screw it, here, have everything for free." -> Thanks FD, finally you guys understand balance

I particularly enjoy the 'this was a huge reason for people to buy Horizons, now FD is doomed' posts.

Originally Posted by Zarlok View Post (Source)
    Can anyone confirm the ongoing 15% discount at Diaguandri/Ray Gateway please? Last date was the 7th Feb.Cheers
    As long as it is part of LYR, which it still is.

Originally Posted by Jonny Face Shooter View Post (Source)
    So just so i understand..... you wanted to make a system that has everything, then you went and did something that ensures that no one will go there?
    Glad I didnt move to the system. Had I known this was going to happen, however, I would not have bothered with the CG at all. So there's an entire day of playing Elite wasted; glad I only came in at the end.

Probably be the last CG I do. The developer's constant desire for "balance" regularly equates to "punishing players for playing" and its frankly getting a little old. Every decision Frontier has made based on this being a multiplayer game has been made at the expense of fun and enjoyment.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast