Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34

Thread: Adle's Armada Win PvP League Undefeated

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Adle's Armada Win PvP League Undefeated

    Adle's Armada yesterday completed their fifth and final match in the first season of the Elite: Dangerous PvP League, organised by Cmdr Oogie Boogie, which we are proud to announce our team has won 5-0.

    For the League we deployed a small part of the same ships and pilots who daily risk their lives defending new pilots in Eravate, or traders at Community Goals, from pirates and terrorists. Each of our pilots was a seasoned combat veteran, flying the same all-rail or predominately-rail loadouts that we have made our own.

    Anyone who has watched our videos will know that criminal Cmdrs who come to the starter systems expecting to terrorize Sidewinder novices in their Corvette face, instead, death by 40-rail gun synchonized execution.

    During the League, however, our pilots were applying their same skills against honourable opponents who brought the talents of warriors, not the high wake or 'extra-dimensional unaccountable disapperance' of the petty criminal. Firstly, we must salute the gladiators of Ronin of Amarak, Balkan Intergalactic Guerilla, Triadius, Contrail and Blood Brothers from Alrai. Every battle our pilots fought against these experts had a different quality even to the fierce fighting we normally encounter around the Galaxy.

    Next we must thank Oogie Boogie for making this entirely player-driven event happen. Also every member of Adle's Armada who trained with, encouraged and supported our League pilots.

    But first and foremost we must salute our brave pilots themselves, who were:-

    Every match

    PoaArctica (Captain & owner of Uncle Poa's Murder Emporium - search youtube!)
    Breakfastmelon (Vice-Captain & legendary duellist)
    Truesilver (ED's "Most Violent 1984-er"?)

    Every match (except v BIG)

    Philip J Fry (alternate account of Cmdr Erich Zann, once newcomer to PvP, now rail gun super-sniper)

    BIG & Final

    Memoocan (film maker extraordinaire)

    ... And joining for the 8v8 final against BBfA

    Finegan (Adle's Armada second-in-command, after Cmdr S!lk)
    ThatDamnRanga (of Mobius: The Bear That Bit)
    Cosmic Booty (Battle Cattle specialist, had to be ordered not to bring Lakon Type 9...)

    Our League pilots will now be returning to their normal duties in and around starter space. If you are learning to fly your sidewinder there, they will guard you. If you are trading and need an escort, they will provide one. If you are bounty hunting, mining, merely visiting, or carrying out any other kind of lawful business, they will salute you and protect you. If you come to assault, rob or murder your fellow members of the Pilots' Federation, they will show you the friendly face of vigilante execution.



    Adle's Armada

    www.inara.cz/wing/336

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Just so any perspective future AA member knows, we are actively looking for PvE dedicated pilots, so we need you!

  4. #4
    Well done. I honestly thought BBfA would tear you guys a new one. I'm happy to have been proven wrong.

    Bodes well for the new commanders in the starter systems.

    I salute Adle's Armada.

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Silk View Post (Source)
    Just so any perspective future AA member knows, we are actively looking for PvE dedicated pilots, so we need you!
    Oh.

    Now you're talking.

    PS: u guys should protect CG-related sites too...
    PPS: If i had a mic, i would've signed up for the PvP team too...

  7. #7
    Excellent tournament, Congratulations to AA and well done to everyone who took part for a most excellent display of PvP scrapping. Very enjoyable to watch and hopefully there will be follow up tournaments.

  8. #8
    grats guys, good to see some more honourable pvp'ers, keep it up!

  9. #9
    why do you need a mic? its more usefull but.. it works without..

    Originally Posted by Davadin View Post (Source)
    Oh.

    Now you're talking.

    PS: u guys should protect CG-related sites too...
    PPS: If i had a mic, i would've signed up for the PvP team too...

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Davadin View Post (Source)
    u guys should protect CG-related sites too...
    We do, Cmdr, though as ever it comes down to manpower.

    If it's just a case of dealing with bullies and bottom-feeders, a couple of our combat pilots is usually enough. For example, here is what happened to an Anaconda and Python who were reported to us for murdering traders at the recent LHS 3447 CG. Two of our Cmdrs attended with a mobile gallows (latter not rendered):-



    However, if we need to defend a system from organised assault by a terrorist group, that can mean warfare - requiring two or more full combat wings to be deployed, as we did at the Hel CG and others. At this point our leadership have to juggle priorities, which in the past month alone have included: (a) daily defence of starter space; (b) fighting a PvE CZ war for our faction; (c) training, preparing for and participating in the PvP League; (d) preventing the delivery of Unknown Artefacts to our system during Ep.14 of 'Educating Ed'; (e) and more!

    We're well aware that there are hundreds of players who want to protect CG's but feel that they can't - as they lack the experience, friends or organisation to combat even one wing of criminals. This is one of the reasons that over the last few months we have really opened the door to recruitment. We have experience of introducing pilots of all levels to PvP - and every PvE pilot that joins us helps immeasurably with the 'juggling' mentioned earlier. A mic is helpful though not essential. So, to all who wish to help us to defend members of the Pilots' Federation anywhere in the Galaxy - do check us out. We welcome allies as much as recruits.

    Adle's Armada
    www.inara.cz/wing/336

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Adle's Armada Official View Post (Source)
    ...So, to all who wish to help us to defend members of the Pilots' Federation anywhere in the Galaxy - do check us out. We welcome allies as much as recruits.

    Adle's Armada
    www.inara.cz/wing/336
    Well hell. I might just do a low flyby myself.

    A bit embarrassed to admit that I hadn't really payed much attention to AA. Neither your goals nor your dedication and skill. You certainly seem to walk the walk, both in-game and on this forum.

    "Peace through conquest, diplomacy through superior firepower". Indeed.

    Fly safe.

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by Adle's Armada Official View Post (Source)
    We do, Cmdr, though as ever it comes down to manpower.

    If it's just a case of dealing with bullies and bottom-feeders, a couple of our combat pilots is usually enough. For example, here is what happened to an Anaconda and Python who were reported to us for murdering traders at the recent LHS 3447 CG. Two of our Cmdrs attended with a mobile gallows (latter not rendered):-

    https://youtu.be/LbRZ93VHRrg

    However, if we need to defend a system from organised assault by a terrorist group, that can mean warfare - requiring two or more full combat wings to be deployed, as we did at the Hel CG and others. At this point our leadership have to juggle priorities, which in the past month alone have included: (a) daily defence of starter space; (b) fighting a PvE CZ war for our faction; (c) training, preparing for and participating in the PvP League; (d) preventing the delivery of Unknown Artefacts to our system during Ep.14 of 'Educating Ed'; (e) and more!

    We're well aware that there are hundreds of players who want to protect CG's but feel that they can't - as they lack the experience, friends or organisation to combat even one wing of criminals. This is one of the reasons that over the last few months we have really opened the door to recruitment. We have experience of introducing pilots of all levels to PvP - and every PvE pilot that joins us helps immeasurably with the 'juggling' mentioned earlier. A mic is helpful though not essential. So, to all who wish to help us to defend members of the Pilots' Federation anywhere in the Galaxy - do check us out. We welcome allies as much as recruits.

    Adle's Armada
    www.inara.cz/wing/336
    for a minute there I got confused and thought you were my Commanding Officer. Carry on with the mission

  13. #13
    Congratulations all our tournament members!

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by Adle's Armada Official View Post (Source)
    Adle's Armada yesterday completed their fifth and final match in the first season of the Elite: Dangerous PvP League, organised by Cmdr Oogie Boogie, which we are proud to announce our team has won 5-0.

    For the League we deployed a small part of the same ships and pilots who daily risk their lives defending new pilots in Eravate, or traders at Community Goals, from pirates and terrorists. Each of our pilots was a seasoned combat veteran, flying the same all-rail or predominately-rail loadouts that we have made our own.

    Anyone who has watched our videos will know that criminal Cmdrs who come to the starter systems expecting to terrorize Sidewinder novices in their Corvette face, instead, death by 40-rail gun synchonized execution.

    During the League, however, our pilots were applying their same skills against honourable opponents who brought the talents of warriors, not the high wake or 'extra-dimensional unaccountable disapperance' of the petty criminal. Firstly, we must salute the gladiators of Ronin of Amarak, Balkan Intergalactic Guerilla, Triadius, Contrail and Blood Brothers from Alrai. Every battle our pilots fought against these experts had a different quality even to the fierce fighting we normally encounter around the Galaxy.

    Next we must thank Oogie Boogie for making this entirely player-driven event happen. Also every member of Adle's Armada who trained with, encouraged and supported our League pilots.

    But first and foremost we must salute our brave pilots themselves, who were:-

    Every match

    PoaArctica (Captain & owner of Uncle Poa's Murder Emporium - search youtube!)
    Breakfastmelon (Vice-Captain & legendary duellist)
    Truesilver (ED's "Most Violent 1984-er"?)

    Every match (except v BIG)

    Philip J Fry (alternate account of Cmdr Erich Zann, once newcomer to PvP, now rail gun super-sniper)

    BIG & Final

    Memoocan (film maker extraordinaire)

    ... And joining for the 8v8 final against BBfA

    Finegan (Adle's Armada second-in-command, after Cmdr S!lk)
    ThatDamnRanga (of Mobius: The Bear That Bit)
    Cosmic Booty (Battle Cattle specialist, had to be ordered not to bring Lakon Type 9...)

    Our League pilots will now be returning to their normal duties in and around starter space. If you are learning to fly your sidewinder there, they will guard you. If you are trading and need an escort, they will provide one. If you are bounty hunting, mining, merely visiting, or carrying out any other kind of lawful business, they will salute you and protect you. If you come to assault, rob or murder your fellow members of the Pilots' Federation, they will show you the friendly face of vigilante execution.



    Adle's Armada

    www.inara.cz/wing/336
    i have one question... HOW? i mean i kill AA FDLs with cobras, the dont deserve this

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by El Dragoon! View Post (Source)
    i have one question... HOW? i mean i kill AA FDLs with cobras, the dont deserve this

    hahahahah...hahah...ha. of course you do. We don't deserve it? We earned it.

    For those of us over here in reality: big thanks to everyone. Pretty awesome experience and was a ton of fun. I will be doing an AA perspective video over at www.youtube.com/infinitelygaming when Ive had a rest from the adrenaline lol

    Big props to Oogie and the casters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast