Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Canonn

Originally Posted by bitstorm View Post (Source)
    The Canonn needs more barnacle advocates, they seem horribly persecuted (as do their UA brethren), also they seem unable to speak up for themselves.

I almost feel like a "barnacle representative" who can speak on their behalf should be an official role within the Canonn.
    Barnacle Ambassador, cmdr has to live at barnacle site

Originally Posted by Fox White View Post (Source)
    If there is a sub cannon group conducting NDI (non destructive inspection) tests only I would be very much interested. It would be nice to know some people are looking to preserve barnacles
    The Canonn always space for a new scientific department
    As a group we generally promote the responsible harvest of barnacles for scientific purposes only
    A few members have slightly more radical views, but I'm sure you'll find many agree with your stance
    I'll put in an order for vegan biscuits in preparation ........

If there is a sub cannon group conducting NDI (non destructive inspection) tests only I would be very much intrested. It would be nice to know some people are looking to preserve barnacles
    Not a group as I know of but some of us do not damage barnacles, and an experiment is ongoing to plant them as well, the last one caused some damage to release the fruit. I'm not judging but I think and hope that a non destructive approach would be rewarding in the long run.

I'm not going to shoot any barnies so I can point and laugh when "it" inevitably hits the fan heuheuheu

Originally Posted by Patau82 View Post (Source)
    I'll put in an order for vegan biscuits in preparation ........
    That would be great! I lost my appetite after the whole Burger Emporer Incident using slave meat like they didnt know

If there is a sub cannon group conducting NDI (non destructive inspection) tests only I would be very much intrested. It would be nice to know some people are looking to preserve barnacles
    I'm sure there are some Canonn members who feel the same way. A "preservationist" sub group would be a nice counterpoint to Huros' Lab 69 "shoot them on sight" sub group.

Varati I am in you! As is a nice wodge of exploration data with some firsts. Might take some anger out and spend my earnings on some of your missions tomorrow.

I think non-interference barnacle research seems a good idea, I think the meta-alloys thing is to keep us paying attention and looking. I have a firm (wild/raving) theory about the pattern and a place to go so will be trekking off to distant shores soon enough and keeping an eye on the research here.

Yesterdays influence report
    Varati
    The Canonn 79.3% up 0.9%, Expansion, Boom pending
    Varati Independent Union 7.2% up 0.1%, Civil war, Boom recovering
    Varati Blue Public Limited 5.7% down 0.1%, Civil war
    Varati Ring 4.6% down 0.7%,
    Labour of Varati 3.1% down 0.2%,
    COL 285 Sector ix-t d3-43
    The Canonn 46.8% up 1.1%, Expansion, Boom pending
    Varati Independent Union 2.3% down 0.3%, Boom recovering
    Varati Blue Public Limited 33.4% up 0.7%,
    Varati Ring 9.3% down 0.6%, Civil war pending
    Labour of Varati 8.2% down 0.9%, Civil war pending

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Todays influence report
    Varati
    The Canonn 80.0% up 0.7%, Expansion, Boom pending
    Varati Independent Union 7.2% no change, Civil war, Boom recovering
    Varati Blue Public Limited 5.7% no change, Civil war
    Varati Ring 4.0% down 0.6%,
    Labour of Varati 3.1% no change,
    The Canonn 49.3% up 2.5%, Expansion, Boom pending
    Varati Independent Union 2.1% down 0.2%, Boom recovering
    Varati Blue Public Limited 31.1% down 2.3%,
    Varati Ring 9.0% down 0.3%, Civil war
    Labour of Varati 8.5% up 0.3%, Civil war

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep backing Varati Independent Union in Varati, they are now at war with VBPL so only fighting for VIU in Combat Zones will help
    In IX-T Keep Backing Varati Blue Public Limited not the Canonn, influence went the wrong way today
    Current orders are:
    Varati
    Back Varati Independent Union by backing them in Combat Zones and completing combat missions
    Avoid trading, handing in bounties and exploration data at Canonn stations as well as completing Canonn missions
    Col 285 sector IX-T d3-43
    Back Varati Blue Public limited by completing VBPL missions, handing in VBPL bounties, exploration data and trading at Kagan Vision as well as killing ships in the system from all other factions, system is currently anarchy so no bounties gained
    Good Luck Cmdrs 7

Originally Posted by RedWizzard View Post (Source)
    I'm sure there are some Canonn members who feel the same way. A "preservationist" sub group would be a nice counterpoint to Huros' Lab 69 "shoot them on sight" sub group.
    Agreed. I always had my reservations about shooting at barnacles, but on the visual evidence, I cautiously accepted it was doing no harm. However, since the publication of the Palin article that states the barnacles are destroyed in the harvesting process (contrary to in - game mechanics), I will no longer shoot at them (not that I did much of that beforehand anyway).

source: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...21#post3753021

Mission: Full galactic circumnavigation, maintaining a distance of 26,000 light-years from Sagittarius A* the whole way round.

CMDR Name: Canonn
    Ship: Anaconda
    Build: http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=706,,2...GQ0727Q42jw2UI
    Time: 24 days
    Distance: 154,463 light-years
    Systems: 4,500 or more
    Earth likes: 33
    Water worlds: countless
    Hull: 97%
    Power plant: 98%
    Life support: 7 minutes 21 seconds left
    Integrity: 0%
    PaintworK: 0%
    3x size 6, class A, AMFU: 81% Ammo left
    Thargoids: 0

STATUS... COMPLETE

Originally Posted by Derthek View Post (Source)
    Mission: Full galactic circumnavigation, maintaining a distance of 26,000 light-years from Sagittarius A* the whole way round.

CMDR Name: Canonn
    Ship: Anaconda
    Build: http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=706,,2...GQ0727Q42jw2UI
    Time: 24 days
    Distance: 154,463 light-years
    Systems: 4,500 or more
    Earth likes: 33
    Water worlds: countless
    Hull: 97%
    Power plant: 98%
    Life support: 7 minutes 21 seconds left
    Integrity: 0%
    PaintworK: 0%
    3x size 6, class A, AMFU: 81% Ammo left
    Thargoids: 0

STATUS... COMPLETE
    Excellent. Will you be submitting the ELWs to CMDR Marx's list?

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=168287

Originally Posted by SpocksOddSocks View Post (Source)
    Excellent. Will you be submitting the ELWs to CMDR Marx's list?

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=168287
    Didnt write them down! oops!

They're the ones with "Canonn" written on them in orange crayon

Todays influence report
    Varati
    The Canonn 81.2% up 1.2%, Expansion, Boom pending
    Varati Independent Union 7.2% no change, Civil war,
    Varati Blue Public Limited 5.7% no change, Civil war
    Varati Ring 3.3% down 0.7%,
    Labour of Varati 2.6% down 0.5%,
    The Canonn 50.1% up 0.8%, Expansion, Boom pending
    Varati Independent Union 1.9% down 0.2%,
    Varati Blue Public Limited 30.5% down 0.6%,
    Varati Ring 9.0% no change, Civil war
    Labour of Varati 8.5% no change, Civil war

Keep backing Varati Independent Union in Combat Zones throughout Varati
    In IX-T Keep Backing Varati Blue Public Limited not the Canonn, influence still going the wrong way
    Current orders are:
    Varati
    Back Varati Independent Union by backing them in Combat Zones and completing combat missions
    Avoid trading, handing in bounties and exploration data at Canonn stations as well as completing Canonn missions
    Col 285 sector IX-T d3-43
    Back Varati Blue Public limited by completing VBPL missions, handing in VBPL bounties, exploration data and trading at Kagan Vision as well as killing ships in the system from all other factions, system is currently anarchy so no bounties gained
    Good Luck Cmdrs 7

At the risk of sounding like a terrible newb for those of us not au fait with the BGS why does it appear you're asking us to work against Canonn?!?

Originally Posted by frostypaw View Post (Source)
    At the risk of sounding like a terrible newb for those of us not au fait with the BGS why does it appear you're asking us to work against Canonn?!?
    yeah it is very confusing, generally to start a war and capture stations and systems influence between minor factions has to equalise. This means you sometimes have to back a rival faction to get them to attack you.
    In IX-T we are currently trying to capture the ground base Kagan Vision which is owned by VBPL, as they have less influence then us so we need to raise theirs and drop ours until our influence is equal and a war kicks off.
    Just a quick and basic explanation it can get more complicated sometimes

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast