Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: The Dangerous Games: The Rise to Power!

Originally Posted by Asp Explorer View Post (Source)
    It wouldn't surprise me at all if player group X were promoted to be a Power - and find itself immediately and mercilessly toppled purely out of principle.
    Especially if systems were taken or existing powers were otherwise harmed in the creation of the new power. Unless the new power has very good bonuses and ethos, it'll be quite screwed out of the gate.

Can we nominate Triple Elite Player Group: Emperor's Grace for the wildcard?

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Originally Posted by Szyslak22 View Post (Source)
    Especially if systems were taken or existing powers were otherwise harmed in the creation of the new power. Unless the new power has very good bonuses and ethos, it'll be quite screwed out of the gate.
    It might well be a phyrric victory.

Imagine splitting the Alliance! I wouldn't fight for that.

Also, I second (actually third thanks Goose) Walt's nomination of SDC for wildcard.
    Someone PM Princess Nia or Harry Potter?

Has the Order Of Mobius got more than one expansion?

SDC might have lost their homeworld, but they're still in a couple of systems.
    And since Imperial Inquisition are on the wildcard list, SDC should qualify.

If we could only make this a politics game and not a ego contest I'd be happy. I'm a bit worried about the consequences and forum threads about -5th columnists- -open / private- -buff fortification- that could come after these Dangerous Games give us a new power to 'play with'. I also think the name fits perfectly, it will turn internet into a dangerous place.

Note that Zac has said the groups listed have put themselves forward for the Wildcard spot, but FD is still looking into whether they meet the requirements. Being on the list doesn't indicate much of anything yet.

A player power? I never thought this would go through. Just when I was getting excited for the update...

So we have this nonesense instead of real guilds and sandbox emergent gameplay? I'm extremely dissapointed and annoyed by this. What the.. ? How can you possibly elevate one group like this? FD are you out of your minds?

The thought of Mobius' collective becoming a power is nauseating and should it happen would lead to me leaving the game indefinitely. I am lost for words.

Yet more arbitrary and unorganic gameplay thrown in to drag those players out of the game who are playing for immersion and roleplay. Yet more stuff thrown in to appeal to an MMO crowd in a game that has microtransaction content yet is not free-to-play (yet).

Since powerplay every single update has me wondering if Frontier really know what they want their game to be, as it seems to be going in a wildly different direction than anticipated.

Originally Posted by Zulu Romeo View Post (Source)
    Distant Voyagers?
    or Galaxy Explorers

Originally Posted by FuzzySpider View Post (Source)
    Yet more arbitrary and unorganic gameplay thrown in to drag those players out of the game who are playing for immersion and roleplay. Yet more stuff thrown in to appeal to an MMO crowd in a game that has microtransaction content yet is not free-to-play (yet).

Since powerplay every single update has me wondering if Frontier really know what they want their game to be, as it seems to be going in a wildly different direction than anticipated.
    At this point I've lost all faith in Frontier. I can't believe they are doing this; the game is becoming a rigged deck and completely mis managed as some scripted contrived joke. I'm in shock.

Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post (Source)
    At this point I've lost all faith in Frontier. I can't believe they are doing this; the game is becoming a rigged deck and completely mis managed as some scripted contrived joke. I'm in shock.
    Its not really rigged. The player groups chosen are the ones that have expanded furthest through effort. One will be chosen by popularity.

Was drunk last night sorry, but in all seriousness this is a very unfortunate turn of events in my opinion. FD really need to get in tune as to what is happening in their galaxy regarding player groups. Most of their "triple A" groups are a shambles and only "triple A" because of the aggrandizement of their true situation (basically sucking up to FD with emails etc rather than in-game activity). Mobius is not a true player group with RP/cannon or even a vision that binds them (I have respect for the Mobius project but it is not a player group in any way). TIIQ are basically all talk and no action; just look at the system map for their home-world and all of their expansions. Emperors Grace do not even exist anymore and if they are still "triple A" that is indicative of how out of touch FD are....Code no longer even exist (as i predicted about six months ago). SDC is not a true player group either but rather a collection of PVPers that have gathered from many other groups, EIC are still around but quiet at the moment. I could go on and on.

Any group that has little experience or does not work on what it takes to create a long lasting community will be gone in another year and the Galaxy will be left with no real lasting and consequential timeline/history! I am not saying its easy to create a true player group with vision and a strong community, through experience I know it isn't!
    I have been running ToC for just short of 12 years now and we have had ups and downs, suffered with issues and even mutinies but I have learned a huge amount on that journey. We have over 500 members, a strong and detailed members guide that all members must follow, all the games we play have a strong division leadership team that work tirelessly to keep their division active and all are working towards a vision for each month/year that they are playing their respective games.

Its easy to make up a cool name for a group, recruit a few members and feel like you have achieved a lot but the true test is does a group have staying power? Do they remove toxic elements from their communities on discovery? Are they really active or do they just bluster? Do they have a vision/members guide and the time and correct attitude to grow their community and push forward through the years to reach their set goals?

In ToC our RP/cannon is very strong with what could be a book of lore and history; we do not openly and on mass recruit members on forums and anyone not fulfilling the members guide requirements are removed. We have never sought publicity, except in RP situations, and we are one of the largest player groups, most effective PvP teams and strongest PvE groups in the ED gaming sphere.

We will not be applying for this competition, but a little honestly and a fresh appraisal of the current situation from FD, recognition of the current galaxy state and frankly less reward to those that either do not deserve, or who have not remotely earned these titles would be much appreciated!

Originally Posted by SuBSynk View Post (Source)
    Was very drunk last night sorry, but in all seriousness this is a very unfortunate turn of events in my opinion. FD really need to get way more in tune as to what is happening in their galaxy regarding player groups. Most of their "triple A" groups are a shambles and only "triple A" because of their aggrandizement of their true situation and basically sucking up to FD with emails etc rather than in-game activities Mobius is not a true player group with RP/cannon or even a vision that binds them (i have respect for the Mobius project but it is not a player group in any way). TIIQ are basically all talk and no action and we have removed them from the game almost completely (just look at the system map for their home-world & all expansions) . Emperors grace do not even exist anymore and if they are still trple A that is indicative of how out of touch FD are....Code no longer even exist (as i predicted about six months ago) SDC is not a true player group either but rather a collection of PVPers that have gathered from many other groups, EIC are still around but quiet at the moment. I could go on and on.
    Indeed this STINKS! This could well kill the game for me.

Originally Posted by Walt Kerman View Post (Source)
    Its not really rigged. The player groups chosen are the ones that have expanded furthest through effort. One will be chosen by popularity.
    Chosen at all is the problem. I hoped to be playing in a universe that felt real. A universe that was simulated to behave in a way that felt believable. We all played the old Elite games to roleplay as traders, pirates, smugglers, whatever, we didn't play for contest or competition. It was about living another life, not about supporting some online social infrastructure and participating in forums and such.

The notion that a power will rise in in the galaxy, not through conquest or violence, not through trade or negotiation, not through espionage or sabotage, but through emails and forum posts not even taking place in the game completely and utterly obliterates any idea that this universe is a place where you can "live another life".

Originally Posted by SuBSynk View Post (Source)
    Emperors grace do not even exist anymore and if they are still trple A that is indicative of how out of touch FD are....
    For the record: Emperors Grace does exist, but its less active recently. We are quiet, that doesnt mean we are not here. Also, EG is not triple elite anymore- the community activity of 3E group should be much higher than ours and we have other plans.

So, back to the topic: good luck to all the groups. I will cheer for the Mercs, but I dont envy them. To be honest now I think one needs to be completely insane to claim a power in this version of the game. Honestly, good luck.

Originally Posted by FuzzySpider View Post (Source)

From what I keep hearing, a table top card game. I hate to say this but I think the game is being completely mis-managed with poor and arbitary back of the envelope decisions. Its really painful to watch happening.

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast