Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Heard of the Border Coalition? Here is why you should help it become a power.

Do you guys know where winner will be placed as a power? what will you do if you win and power HQ is too far from your minor faction HQ's?

We have only heard - in a space where it doesn't overlap with existing powers

Between the 3 of us we have just one system that contains our primary minor faction that is contested (Wadir - contested by Archon Delaine and with a treaty in place) so we are expecting to be able stay where we are. For me the entire reason for wanting to become a power is predicated on being able to use it to protect our homelands. We basically had 3 choices.

1. Keep trying to oppose the expansions into our territory using flags of convenience until freedom fighters are launched
    2. Invite one of the other powers to occupy our systems in order to keep others out
    3. Try and be our own player power

It's also worth noting that option 1 is basically 5C'ing (which everyone in powerplay can't stand, even if the devs have said it's intended) and option 2 means that some faction has to accept low-income systems with non-optimal fortification costs since they don't want to flip government types, thus making a massive CC loss. There simply is no good option for powerplayers for the future of the region other than formally incorporating it into an independent power - especially since, because of aforementioned bad income, won't really be a threat to anyone even if it does get belligerent while serving as a buffer between powers because it's too inefficient to conquer.

As for placement/power-specific mechanics, that's all for the devs to decide after the contest. The Coalition can only really clarify what it'll ask for - there's no way to tell what's a reasonable request and what isn't right now. Personally, I'm hoping for the Coalition to get lowered fortification costs in low-income systems should it become a power - that way it'll be viable to hold onto the badlands the Coalitions current main members live in.

On an unrelated note; should we design an insignia of some sort for the Coalition? If so, what symbol and color scheme would you choose?

We're discussing supporting this in the Prismatic Imperium right now. Whilst I've retired from PP politics supporting the Border Coalition is definitely high on our agenda.

I just wanted to respond to 1000th Monkey:

[NULL] are not an excuse for the Alliance to start a war with the Feds.
    War is a waste of resources and has a tendency to backfire.
    [NULL] are cool and funny and smart and determined in their own right.
    Get in touch with them - you'll really like their company.

[NULL] were getting railroaded by the Feds, were given support too late in the first instance.
    But that group has grown out of some really clever CMDRs who left other groups.
    So their retailiation (which did get AOS support) was a real sting to the Feds who have then opened it up into a land grab in Alliance space.
    But, I don't want to derail the thread into an Alliance / Fed thing - that's what Reddit is for.

I just want to point out that [NULL] are the real deal, and a hundred tons of Painite says they'll be contenders in the next Rise to Power.

<uh, also I've been a rep fairy through this thread, so much to like here, and so few reps that can go out.>

Originally Posted by MDFification View Post (Source)
    On an unrelated note; should we design an insignia of some sort for the Coalition? If so, what symbol and color scheme would you choose?
    We're already discussing that on BC forums, which will be opened to public soon (no TM!).

Originally Posted by JeffRyan View Post (Source)
    We're discussing supporting this in the Prismatic Imperium right now. Whilst I've retired from PP politics supporting the Border Coalition is definitely high on our agenda.
    Glad to hear that Jeff!

You definitely convinced me. How do I join?!

We are close to creating a public frontage for our forum.. If you want to pledge support as a lone pilot or group you can do it here (and you have already thank you,) or there... I'll post the forum link when ready. If you want to go one step further and join one of the three groups, there should be links in the first post. Thanks you for your words of support.

Regardless of whether we are successful or not in the dangerous games the Border coalition will be here for the long haul.

Being an explorer myself, I am considering putting my support behind your group, as you are the first (that I heard of) who actually puts exploration and colonization into their role. Tell me though, should you become a power, what benefits/perks can you grant explorers that would make them choose you over other powers?
    Thanks

EDIT and more importantly, what will be your expansion/control policies as a power?

You give me money and I will do for you.
    Since that was not in the indoctrination speech I will have to decline the invitation.

Seriously though, awesome initiative. Best of lucks.

Originally Posted by majogl View Post (Source)
    Being an explorer myself, I am considering putting my support behind your group, as you are the first (that I heard of) who actually puts exploration and colonization into their role. Tell me though, should you become a power, what benefits/perks can you grant explorers that would make them choose you over other powers?
    Thanks

EDIT and more importantly, what will be your expansion/control policies as a power?
    Actually the SEPP have very similar ethos and aims, perhaps favouring exploration even more than us. In a different universe they might have been a 4th member of the coalition. We can't guarantee anything in advance since Frontier hold a complete right to determine what happens. However we have made very clear what our aims and ambitions are and trust that Frontier will do their best to craft the final package around that. I know it sounds like I'm hedging, but that is the best that I can do.

I'm sure that if SEPP or the Coalition won, their respective former opponent would be happy to be incorporated into the ensuing power (so long as it didn't interfere with BGS, which both groups hold as their main issue with powerplay). Heck, if the Dangerous Games ends up being some sort of elimination-tournament, whichever group was knocked out first would probably back the other.

As for expansion/control policies, nobody knows. We need Frontier to tell us what's reasonable first, but whatever it is decided upon the Coalition is based foremost on colonization/development, keeping the Feds/Imps/Alliance out of their space and getting a diverse array of minor factions to expand. I'm personally hoping for very low fortification costs in low-income systems (with corresponding higher fortification costs to high-income systems), relatively low income costs for all independant government types except for Penal Colony, Corporation and Anarchy, and a raised fortification cost if non-Independent factions have significant presence in a system. This would make it viable for the Coalition to stick to territories other powers currently don't want, plus it would suit the lore purposes of getting rid of the major factions (and their independent proxies) dominance over independent space and cracking down on rampant crime on the frontier.

---

On an unrelated note; When I get a computer that can run ED again (probably September, I got debt problems), I think I'll try to make a new player faction (confederacy gov type) that's based on trying to integrate the economies of Boarder Coalition members and improve infrastructure. Y'all have inspired me to get my rear out of Federation space and head for the frontier. It'd be nice trying to make this fantastic neighborhood more profitable for your average player.

My biggest worry is, independent of whoever wins this Power game, where they go.

There are a lot of us ( Minor Factions played by by lots of small groups/individuals) who are currently not under any PP faction, and have no desire to be, but unless FD explain how this new group will be inserted into the bubble, we are all under threat.

We are already outside the bubble...so are SEPP and ICU.

Fdev now has room whoever wins this powerplay thing to add new colonies in the new powerplay factions region

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast