Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: [Distant Worlds] Sign-up to take part in the airshow at the official closing ceremony - June 5th at Beagle Point

  1. #1

    [Distant Worlds] Sign-up to take part in the airshow at the official closing ceremony - June 5th at Beagle Point

    Its… Mad Morans Flying Circus!



    Greetings everyone!

    Sunday june 5th 3302 at 19.05 IGT, Mad Moran's Flying Circus will perform an airshow as part of the Distant Worlds Expedition closing ceremony at Darwins Legacy camp on Beagle Point 2.

    This wednesday we had our first practice session with eight pilots taking part - including the fleet flagship. It was great fun - and seing a Lakon Type 9 doing astrobatics was really something…

    If you want to be a part of the Flying Circus in the airshow at the closing ceremony, this is where you sign up.

    These are the requirements to take part (read carefully):

    - you must be able to take part in at least one of the three practice sessions held this week:
    --- Wed june 1st / Sun june 5th at 7am IGT / Sun june 5th at 17.30 IGT
    --- all starting at Darwins Legacy and proceeding to the training area on the day side of the planet.


    - you must be able to take part in the final drill of the routine - (Sun june 5th at 18.30 IGT)

    - you must be able to join us on Team Speak
    (without voice comms this is not possible, you don´t need a microphone but must be able to listen to instructions)


    If you can answer yes to the requirements please enter your details below:
    - Your commander name
    - Your ship type
    - Which of the three practice sessions you will be taking part in





    EDIT: Added the video featuring the Flying Circus at the closing ceremony - Air Show + Missing Man formation





    EDIT 2: Added the video featuring the Flying Circus during an episode of Educating Ed



    More videos.

  2. #2
    CMDR kjkb1980 & DSV Voyager reporting in.

    CMDR name:
    kjkb1980
    Ship type: Asp Explorer
    Practice sessions: Wednesday 01st June and Sunday 05th June (17:30hrs IGT)

    Can't wait!!

  3. #3
    I've not yet reached Beagle Point, I'm current 2-3kylies short of the Abyss. And I need to sort out teamspeak, I've never used it. But if I manage those two things then I'll see you there on Sunday!

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by madbilly View Post (Source)
    I've not yet reached Beagle Point, I'm current 2-3kylies short of the Abyss. And I need to sort out teamspeak, I've never used it. But if I manage those two things then I'll see you there on Sunday!
    Hope you make it

    What type of ship do you fly?

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by Corbin Moran View Post (Source)
    Hope you make it

    What type of ship do you fly?
    Thanks Corbin, me too! I'm in an AspX, with a shabby golden paintjob.

  6. #6
    Sorry I missed the practice yesterday, I really would have liked to be there. Formation flying is a lot of fun and I have some experience with it in air (on simulator, not real life ) - and what we did on Tuesday was pretty awesome!

    I hope to make it to the training sessions on Sunday, but I can't promise that right now so I won't sign up until I know for sure. Just want to register my interest.

    Also, I watched a bit of Wishblend's video from yesterday and it looked pretty cool with the T9 in the front!

  7. #7
    I'll try and be online for tye practice drills on Sunday. If I'm not online on time I should at least be on in time to join the audience

  8. #8
    I am going to be there...but regrettably, I am not going in for any acrobatics.

    I have a T-6E with a hull status of 89% and just the one SRV...and I have a long way to go before I can relax.

    I will clap though.

    Buying popcorn and Jura
    Jon
    T-6E

  9. #9
    - Your commander name: Mad Billy
    - Your ship type: AspX
    - Which of the three practice sessions you will be taking part in: 9am IGT

    I arrived! I'll do my best to get Team Speak set up tomorrow morning, if not I'll give you warning on this thread. Likewise you may not read this in time so if you're not there at 9am I'll be there at 17:30.

    I'll be in Open.

    Looking forward to it!

  10. #10
    Found and corrected an important typo in the OP
    - the early training session sunday june 5th is at 7am IGT (not 9am IGT).

    Sorry for any inconvenience.

  11. #11
    Corbin..my attendance is in jeopardy. Severe weather has caused a leak somewhere in our block and we have wet carpets that we're trying to mop up....the problem is that its wet around the electrics too

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by disorganise View Post (Source)
    Corbin..my attendance is in jeopardy. Severe weather has caused a leak somewhere in our block and we have wet carpets that we're trying to mop up....the problem is that its wet around the electrics too
    Safety first!

    Ill be around until 8.15 or so IGT, then I will have to leave to attend to some RL stuff. Just give me a ping on TS if you find the time to join

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by Corbin Moran View Post (Source)
    Found and corrected an important typo in the OP
    - the early training session sunday june 5th is at 7am IGT (not 9am IGT).

    Sorry for any inconvenience.
    No inconvenience for me, i hope you've not hung around waiting for me. I'll try and see you at 17:30 IGT instead. Cheers!

  14. #14
    So here are a few scetches I made this afternoon... Can´t promise that this will be the show we put on tonight, since it depends on a minimum of 10 pilots signing up and taking part in the final practice session... We might also just improvise something loco as we go... You know, because Moran is mmm..... mmmaaaa..... mmmhhhhhmmmma..... he´s crazy sir!
    (Wonder if you catch that reference... )





  15. #15
    Originally Posted by Corbin Moran View Post (Source)
    So here are a few scetches I made this afternoon... Can´t promise that this will be the show we put on tonight, since it depends on a minimum of 10 pilots signing up and taking part in the final practice session... We might also just improvise something loco as we go... You know, because Moran is mmm..... mmmaaaa..... mmmhhhhhmmmma..... he´s crazy sir!
    (Wonder if you catch that reference... )


    http://i.imgur.com/EM0iAb4m.png

    http://i.imgur.com/VImYHzHm.png
    Errrr, looks scary! I'm there in Open, I've installed TeamSpeak and I'm on Discord, I'm willing to give the airshow a go!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast