Page 103 of 150 FirstFirst ... 9399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2239

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

Is nobody going to write an AbrakkaDrabble related drabble for the bi-centennial?

Oh. There's one . . . AbrakkaDrabble roll-call!

Janet!
    Brad!
    Janet!
    Dr. Scott!
    Rocky!
    *!

o7

Originally Posted by Darkoba View Post (Source)
    No, not really
    Nowadays a vast array of PsykoKaster satellites covering the whole of the galaxy are used. A holo-facsimile of psykokow, with a polygon count even higher than the polygon count of a Star Citizen spaceship, is beamed directly into the minds of his audience.

Although even after all these decades, they have managed to retain the... essence... of those first Drabble shows.

Eau de Drabble:Because you're almost worth it

For more years than i care to remember,my working life has been for the most part bounded by the limits of my craft,although truth to tell,so many patches,repairs and replacements have been made that she is probably not even the same vessel that left port on that first starry night so many decades ago.An evening of mystery and romance,when imagination became reality and the magical somehow became manifest.
    This was before 'they' came,with their smutty jokes and their lewd comments and for god's sake,what is that smell !?
    Waypoint scoop waypoint waypoint scoop

The beginning of the end.

Time is relative. We've known this for centuries, experienced it's implications almost as long. Today it was weaponised.
    Engineer Twiper had built it. He'd never fully understood it's true evilness.
    The committee began it's testing. On him.
    He was locked in a 4 year time-bubble. Time here ran over 500,000 time faster than the surroundings.
    Outsiders would see him drop dead in seconds, starved and dehydrated. If it wasn't for the 4 year rations supplied.
    Rage demanded revenge.
    4 years with their faces!
    Whatever choice, the incoming bullets entering his wife and childrens heads would be his cell's persistent view.

ABRAKADRABBLE TOPIC NUMBER 201 - THE FARM

ABRAKADRABBLE TOPIC NUMBER 201

I might have won but mor importantly, Winnard did not.
    So here is my chosing for your 100 words mastery this week:

THE FARM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	o-COW-facebook.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	133.8 KB 
ID:	120347

All that's left is to remind everyone of the rules of the competition.

1. Drabbles must be 100 words exactly (Excluding the title)
    2. Over-use of-hyphens-to keep your word-count at 100 is very amusing but probably not a great idea.
    3. Keep it as clean as you can to suit the family forum rules here, so no frogs attached to anatomical parts.
    4. Only the first 20 entries are guaranteed a place in the weekly poll.
    5. 1 entry each, you may write as many drabbles as you want, but it is assumed that your first drabble is your chosen entry unless otherwise advised. But please mark Drabbles that you don't want entered as such.
    6. If your drabble is under or over 100 words you will have a chance to correct it before the poll is erected, at this point, your drabble may be DQ'd if other drabbles are available to take its place.
    7. Drabbles must be set in the Elite Dangerous universe (as loosely as you care to make it).
    8. It should try to meet the theme in some arguable way.
    9. If there is more than one theme you must match at least one, but can gain extra votes if you meet more.
    10. It's all for a bit of fun, so enjoy yourself... Enjoyment is mandatory!
    11. If you win, you get to submit next week's Drabble topic, so make sure you post it by 3pm GMT Monday. Or else chaos will ensue and who knows what will happen...
    12. You must big it up and get the Drabble Show over 100 viewers, that would be amazing.
    13. Every winner can be the owner of up to 1 abrakadrabble mug.
    14. No animals were harmed in the making of this series (Simoof is not an animal)
    15. If we get over 25 entries, the potato will host it nude.
    16. The Title must also now be under 100 words (not including the title to the title)
    17. Extrs points for Kow-tipping.

Sometimes it's difficult to know what constitutes exactly 100 words. Our arbiter is
    www.wordcounter.net
    It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. Its count is the law.

So submit your drabbles in reply to this thread, and the first 20 will be guaranteed entry into this weeks poll, and read out on our live Show Friday night.
    Entries close at Random O'clock on Thursday evening (or sometimes if we have 20 entries earlier). All Drabbles submitted up to Friday Afternoon will have a good chance of being read out on the live Drabble readiing show.

New winners each week now wins a prize ...

The Weekly Drabble show is available in different ways
    Live shows Friday's 19:00 GMT - 20:00 GMT (approximately)
    Http://twitch.tv/psykokow (VIDEO)
    http://laveradio.com/live (Audio Only)
    http://huttonorbital.com/ (Audio Only)

Past Broadcasts are available to watch from
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast/
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...a4eBPOehkU6JhV
    OR Audio Versions available on
    Itunes https://itunes.apple.com/ms/podcast/abraka-drabble
    and
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	o-COW-facebook.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	138.5 KB 
ID:	120346  

Too dark? Too easy?

The Farm

They found them inside a fenced corral surrounded by cultivated fields of plants, labeled on the map as "Penitentiary". Locked in heavily barred cages the tiny primates squawked in their confinement.
    The fields could be ignored but the caged, fresh meat would be manna for the men of the battalion who had been consuming their ship's recycled nutrient paste for too long.
    You can only eat recycled you for just so long before it begins wearing on your tummies.
    Say what you like about this dirty backwater planet but, properly prepared these “farmed” hyoomin beans didn't taste half bad.

First Farm

Generation ship "Doomed".
    Log 1.
    Arrived at an earthlike by name only, the flora is strange but the weedkillers we brought are working.

Log 2.
    We cleared an island of the indigenous life. Planting has started in earnest. Just in time really as ship supplies are running low.

Log 3.
    The plants have taken to their new home
    They are growing faster than in the ships agri-domes.

Log 4.
    The crop is almost ready.
    When the blossom appeared, it brought a huge plague of alien insects, but they seemed to do the job. I think we will be all right.

The Farm

We were confident the GMO plants we brought from Earth would be compatible with the soil of our new home world, we just never understood HOW compatible or, what really happened.
    We all saw it, one of the lemon trees casually reached out a branch and stabbed a 6-inch thorn right through Clem’s back and into his heart.

We don’t know what we did to make them hate us.

We don’t dare leave the Habitat and the corn is moving closer, right up to the wheel ruts in the driveway now and the path into town has become very narrow.

The farm of the old gods:

In a quaint system a few lightyears from Sol, the local farmhand paused in his daily duties, something was amiss, the weather changed and a cold wind came from westwards.

Strange noises were coming from the old barn. The farmhand sneaked closer, intent on finding out the source of the disturbing feelings.

Passing through the barn doors the farmhand found a shocking sight; The crazy old farmer stood in a lit pentagram, chanting "Iä, Iä, Iä, Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Sadly, this was all too horrifying for the poor farmhand, who perished on the spot from sheer terror.

Get the music ready.

Everyone loves the big, juicy peaches of Kongga. Less famous than the ale, they don't last long enough to be a proper export good. But if you're ever at Laplace Ring then take a trip to the Peach Tree Cantina and make sure to take a good, long bite of those ripe, juicy peaches.

Their secret?

Kongga Peaches grow in tear-shaped orchards along the tropical rain belts. Hundreds of normal trees downwind of a single, ancient masterpiece of genetic manipulation. Slaked in monsoon and fueled by deep, rich soil the regular trees bear the fruit of these ancient Mister Trees.

One Root Good, Two Legs Bad

When the negotiator's Courier landed at MonoPharm Research two artichokes led him to where Farmer Jones was held captive. King Edward greeted him jovially, "Stuff and nonsense all this playing around with DNA. Your man is perfectly safe. After all we don't want to do anything to affect", the potato looked around furtively, "any trading deals we may arrange."

Jones avoided the accusational stare of his fellow passengers. How could he let himself be captured by a brussels sprout? Eyes firmly gazing out the window, he saw the planet swing into view, the planet he left that'll go to seed.

Old McAlien Had A Farm, E I E I O ....

CRACK ... Alien's right arm was flailing a whip.
    "Work you insects, work dam it"
    Adam, the ant's union representative was trying to negotiate better working conditions.
    "Hold on, my call ... Jaques on! ... It's flooded the shopping area?"
    Adam looked puzzled, Alien explained.
    "I'm an alien with an ant farm, and the shopping area at Jaques is flooded with Kow's cargo of milk."
    Adam wrote the words down, then saw his female mate was hurt. "Annie? Are you OK? Are you OK? Are you Ok Annie?"
    Annie then died. She'd been hit by, she'd been struck by 'smoo cream in mall.

This drabble is punning on various levels.
    There's an Annie Get Your Gun reference, a British 80's pop act and the original artist of the song all referenced in that drabble.

Lost Commanders found at SuperMattyClarks Farm

Frank how did you find Commanders Psykokow, Simoof and Winnard.
    When I heard this at SuperMattyClark's farm

Old SuperMattyClark had a farm
    E-I-E-I-O
    And on his farm he had a Kow
    E-I-E-I-O
    With a moof moof here
    And a moof moof there
    Here a moof, there a moof
    Everywhere a moof moof
    E-I-E-I-O

E-I-E-I-O
    And on his farm he had a Winnard
    E-I-E-I-O
    With a wanq wanq here
    And a wanq wanq there
    Here a wanq, there a wanq
    Everywhere a wanq wanq
    E-I-E-I-OOOOOOO.........

Houston - We Have A Problem (by Fletch - Aged Six And Three Quarters)

When the Thargoid battle ships surrounded Earth in the year 3318, we thought we had a problem that could be solved by apologising for killing their envoys previously.

As they started sending shuttles down and collecting thousands of people from the cities, we realise we DID had a problem, and they weren’t going to negotiate.

When settlers landed, fencing in huge tranches of land, the problem became urgent.

We finally realised that humans were being farmed to feed the starving Thargoid soldiers.

We suddenly felt very sorry for the poor Kows and Sheepses and Chooklets.

Why can’t Thargoids be vegetarians?

Page 103 of 150 FirstFirst ... 9399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast