Page 109 of 138 FirstFirst ... 99105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2058

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

It's always good to see new players coming in, and prodigal players who haven't joined us for a while.

Hi Ho Silver

"We dropped the cannisters! They're still firing at us!"
    The stricken Hauler could do nothing as the Vultures wore away at her hull.
    "They were never interested in piracy. They just want to kill us!"

A Diamondback with a masked heat signature appeared from nowhere behind the first Vulture. A searing laserbeam made short work of its shields. Before the Vulture could turn around the Diamondback popped a heatsink, polished off the pirates, then sailed away.

The William Tell Overture played in the background, "Who was that masked Diamondback?"

His copilot shrugged, "No idea. The ship didn't have any markings."

Rule (1) of Fighter Club is "We do not talk about Fight Club"

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...18#post4688218

Dearly my Damn, I don't give a Frank.

Every war needs armys to battle.
    Every army needs soldiers to fight.
    And every soldier needs a leader for inspiration.
    "Whats the problem?" asked to Commanding Chief pointing to a large question mark on the battle plans.
    "It's the Hutton Regiment. They are unruly, they do their own thing. And they are still unled."
    "Unled? Did we not deploy Psykokow into the midst of their ranks?"
    "That's the problem. Now they have no name."
    ""What are you jabbering on about you fool? How can that happen?"
    "Well, when you put Psykokow into the middle of the unled they become untitled."

Sometimes the search for inspiration is short . . . o7

Takes Longer To Tell It . . .

CMDR Deadmeat exited supercruise perfectly aligned with the stations mail-slot. He smiled as he boosted toward the slot, his AI automatically requesting docking clearance.
    Suddenly alarms sounded on the bridge and “Access denied! Criminals are not welcome here, CMDR!” blared from the comm. Deadmeat’s face fell as he realized those Security ships were boosting towards him.
    The thump of their lasers impacting his shields woke him from his stupor, he flailed at the controls of his now stricken ship and screamed in frustration as the station's giant lasers quickly turned his beautiful Argo
    into an exploding, melted cloud of metal.

The station seems to glide towards them,a tiny beacon in an ocean of blackness.All the more poignant,because it is the first sign of life in what is a very long time.Relief is almost palpable,as the tiny orange numbers tick slowly down the range to safety.
    Contrails of star dust smear the cockpit and egines whine.For some moments the crew seems to hold their breath,but it is not long until startled gasps,pointed fingers and finally oaths alert the crew to their plight.They are travelling backwards,away from the station, at an alarming rate!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Before the rule book goes flying completely out of the window at messrs. Kow Moof & McDrabble could we have a ruling on the circumstance where drabbles have been entered WITH TITLES when the subject was clearly stated as being UNTITLED,and should therefore be disqualified?Also,entries submitted by the nobility are clear violations of the untitled premise,however well-written.

This is your one hour notice on the drabble stage, one hour ladies and gentlemen.
    Please also note, that those who have submitted more than one drabble, will have their first drabble entered ONLY (unless they hurry up and clarify which drabble is their entry).
    When you need me, but do not want me, I must stay ... When you want me, but do not need me, I must go.

Okey Dokey, times up ... doing the poll now.
    When you need me, but do not want me, I must stay ... When you want me, but do not need me, I must go.

Originally Posted by phong View Post (Source)
    The station seems to glide towards them,a tiny beacon in an ocean of blackness.All the more poignant,because it is the first sign of life in what is a very long time.Relief is almost palpable,as the tiny orange numbers tick slowly down the range to safety.
    Contrails of star dust smear the cockpit and egines whine.For some moments the crew seems to hold their breath,but it is not long until startled gasps,pointed fingers and finally oaths alert the crew to their plight.They are travelling backwards,away from the station, at an alarming rate!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Before the rule book goes flying completely out of the window at messrs. Kow Moof & McDrabble could we have a ruling on the circumstance where drabbles have been entered WITH TITLES when the subject was clearly stated as being UNTITLED,and should therefore be disqualified?Also,entries submitted by the nobility are clear violations of the untitled premise,however well-written.
    Subject does not determine title besides, your drabble has a title too or at least, your entry does . . . o7

Thanks for clearing that up...still,considering the nature of the prize,you can't really blame me fir trying to nobble the field before the off.It would have left me with a theoretical 50/50.Although realistically,it would have been an honour to have been trounced by Edith in a head to head.Which may still happen,of course.(The trouncing i mean.) Good luck.

Originally Posted by Futuristic Kung Fu View Post (Source)
    The problem with long weekends is that you forget which day it is.
    Pfft, it's today. Obviously

Great Tunes to Supercruise to - p.s. have you tried ABRAKA DRABBLE?

'That's it.' thought Alien,staggering through the doorway with a fresh pile of drabbles,quibbles,moans, whinges and complaints.'Eye vad enoof!Eye'm pooting ma foot down'.
    She put her foot down.It was big.
    She sorted through them quickly,her practiced eye scanning each one rapidly before discarding them into their separate piles,winnowing the wheat from chaff to decide the winnner.
    Glancing at the winners name,the ghost of a smile might have been said to have crossed her face,as she selected which poll to put up,and where.
    She put the poll up.It was bigger.

Congratulations to Cmdr_Alex_Harrow for a triumphant win. This week's topic has been chosen, and it's excellent. It's...

New Rites of Passage

Great Tunes to Supercruise to - p.s. have you tried ABRAKA DRABBLE?

Muahaha I won so I could write about acid

Today You're A Man:

Dicky clutched the lsd tablet in his hand as the two ships came out of interdiction. Dicky's prey spun around madly, the victim of not being able to decide to fight or run.

Dicky thought of his clone matron Ximena, his tutor Roger, and his mom and older brother, unwilling to see him until his triumph.

Dicky thought of his family and everyone who knew his true name back home.

He put the tablet in his mouth, and said:

"my name is Drop Bear."

he opened a channel to hear the trader beg as he began stripping the shields away.

Elite Police

“This is Internal Security to Cobra BS101. You are entering Imperial Sovereign Territory. Do you have a Right of Passage?”
    “Well, when I was eighteen I killed Simoof.”
    “Present your Right of Passage immediately or be destroyed!”
    “It was very gory. He had a lot more inside him then I expected”
    “Do you have a Right of Passage or not?”
    “Oh yes, of course I do! I’ll send it to you right now!”
    “Wait a minute Commander. This is outdated. We require a new Right of Passage.”
    “Not again!”
    The Cobra was engulfed in a ball of flame.

Page 109 of 138 FirstFirst ... 99105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast