Page 110 of 138 FirstFirst ... 100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2057

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

Congratulations to CMDR_Alex_Harrow who won last weeks poll and chose this weeks topic for us so what is it?????

Well this week's topic is ...

New Rites of Passage

And here's the simple rules of the competition.

1. Drabbles must be 100 words exactly (Excluding the title)
    2. Over-use of-hyphens-to keep your word-count at 100 is very amusing but probably not a great idea.
    3. Keep it as clean as you can to suit the family forum rules here, so no frogs attached to anatomical parts.
    4. Only the first 20 entries are guaranteed a place in the weekly poll.
    5. 1 entry each, you may write as many drabbles as you want, but it is assumed that your first drabble is your chosen entry unless otherwise advised. But please mark Drabbles that you don't want entered as such.
    6. If your drabble is under or over 100 words you will have a chance to correct it before the poll is erected, at this point, your drabble may be DQ'd if other drabbles are available to take its place.
    7. Drabbles must be set in the Elite Dangerous universe (as loosely as you care to make it).
    8. It should try to meet the theme in some arguable way.
    9. If there is more than one theme you must match at least one, but can gain extra votes if you meet more.
    10. It's all for a bit of fun, so enjoy yourself... Enjoyment is mandatory!
    11. If you win, you get to submit next week's Drabble topic, so make sure you post it by 3pm GMT Monday. Or else chaos will ensue and who knows what will happen...
    12. You must big it up and get the Drabble Show over 100 viewers, that would be amazing.
    13. Every winner can be the owner of up to 1 abrakadrabble mug.
    14. No animals were harmed in the making of this series (Simoof is not an animal)
    15. If we get over 25 entries, the potato will host it nude.*
    16. The Title must also now be under 100 words (not including the title to the title)*
    17. Extra points for Kow-tipping.*
    18. Futuristic Kung Fu is not allowed to question the rules, change the rules or even know what the rules are.

Sometimes it's difficult to know what constitutes exactly 100 words. Our arbiter is
    www.wordcounter.net
    It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. Its count is the law.

So submit your drabbles in reply to this thread, and the first 20 will be guaranteed entry into this weeks poll, and read out on our live Show Friday night.
    Entries close at Random O'clock on Thursday evening (or sometimes if we have 20 entries earlier). All Drabbles submitted up to Friday Afternoon will have a good chance of being read out on the live Drabble readiing show.

New winners each week now wins a prize ...

The Weekly Drabble show is available in different ways
    Live shows Friday's 19:00 GMT - 20:00 GMT (approximately)
    Http://twitch.tv/psykokow (VIDEO)
    http://laveradio.com/live (Audio Only)
    http://huttonorbital.com/ (Audio Only)

Past Broadcasts are available to watch from
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast/
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...a4eBPOehkU6JhV
    OR Audio Versions available on
    Itunes https://itunes.apple.com/ms/podcast/abraka-drabble
    and
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast

*some rules might be fictional[/QUOTE]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CMDR_Alex_Harrow

Muahaha I won so I could write about acid

Today You're A Man:

Dicky clutched the lsd tablet in his hand as the two ships came out of interdiction. Dicky's prey spun around madly, the victim of not being able to decide to fight or run.

Dicky thought of his clone matron Ximena, his tutor Roger, and his mom and older brother, unwilling to see him until his triumph.

Dicky thought of his family and everyone who knew his true name back home.

He put the tablet in his mouth, and said:

"my name is Drop Bear."

he opened a channel to hear the trader beg as he began stripping the shields away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Futuristic Kung

Elite Police

“This is Internal Security to Cobra BS101. You are entering Imperial Sovereign Territory. Do you have a Right of Passage?”
    “Well, when I was eighteen I killed Simoof.”
    “Present your Right of Passage immediately or be destroyed!”
    “It was very gory. He had a lot more inside him then I expected”
    “Do you have a Right of Passage or not?”
    “Oh yes, of course I do! I’ll send it to you right now!”
    “Wait a minute Commander. This is outdated. We require a new Right of Passage.”
    “Not again!”
    The Cobra was engulfed in a ball of flame.

The Point of Glory

From cradle to grave Imperial citizens walk a path paved with its own milestones; a progression of ceremonies designed to separate the worthy from their would-be peers.

Of the babes celebrating their first birthday upon a wolfskin, not all earn a gold-hilted rapier on their fifteenth. Of the supplicants leaving their shrines barefoot, not all return in pilgrim’s robes. Of the faces daubed with the blood of their first hunt, not all pass out from the Imperial War College.

The greenhorns sat in their Eagles, sounds of battle rattling through the launch bays. They were about to face another rite.

Inertia: Reluctance to Change

The young miner held his bloody stump up for Captain Dean to see. "What's worse is they all laughed when it happened!"

"You just learnt the difference between mass and weight in the most painful way possible." Dean rolled up his left sleeve and pointed out the scars left by nanostitching. "This is my second hand. Most of us have had chunks taken out of us one way or another."

"You'd think they could make the job safer"

"The doc'll take a few hours to get here. Let's go to the bar. Mavis might even give you a free pint."

Rule (1) of Fighter Club is "We do not talk about Fight Club"

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...18#post4688218

Miss Boyle will come and seranade you

Originally Posted by Futuristic Kung Fu View Post (Source)
    What would happen if I broke the rules?
    Usually I threaten any breaking of rules with a punishment that suits the topic of the week. This week is about "Rites of Passage", and a lot of the old fashioned rites involved genital mutilation. I'm not saying that this would definitely happen, but then why take the chance.

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    Usually I threaten any breaking of rules with a punishment that suits the topic of the week. This week is about "Rites of Passage", and a lot of the old fashioned rites involved genital mutilation. I'm not saying that this would definitely happen, but then why take the chance.

Many of them also involve cake...

The cake is a lie.

My goodness I've waited a long time to use that meme in a proper context.

A passage to india - A tale of drinks, diarrhea and what Frank is willing to pay....

<Jack> Ahhh jobs over for another day, grab me a couple of leg spreaders with extra lime
    <Finn> I don't know how you drink all that fancy stuff Jack
    <Jack> Old job I used to have, shaking cocktails in Scarbados
    <Finn> Isn't that the nudist colony world?
    <Jack> Sure is! They banned clothes forever in 3269
    <Finn> Why did you leave sounds idyllic?
    <Jack> Didn't make enough money to pay the rent there. In the end I had to do things i'm not proud of..
    <Finn> What was it? drugs?
    <Jack> No, too many nude whites in my back passage...

Cmdr Pseudonym - The rules apply to everyone...

Rules for zero G bathroom

1. If you are male and require a quick urination please attach the vacuum funnel, it comes in small, medium, large and thargoid
    2. if taking a solid, please dock with the toilet and use the straps provided
    3. the vacuum funnel is not to be used for vomit, creating love bites or self pleasure.
    4. do not flush whilst docked. this bathroom vents to space...
    5. remember farting causes thrust if you feel windy use headrest provided.
    6. Diarrhea is a problem try not to poo right in passage, do not use vacuum funnel...

Unless you're into that sort of thing . . . o7

Pedro's Rite of "Passage"

Pedro eyed the instructions on the bulkhead in front of him.
    His first trip ever off planet, he had not considered the possibility of Zero-G indigestion and had eaten a big lunch of burritos and ice cream back at the star port before the shuttle launched him and the aftermath of his meal into space.
    Pedro felt he was going to spew from both ends as he tried to make sense of the little pictures that explained how to use the Zero-G toilet without using words.
    Burritos or ice cream, Pedro was praying for ice cream. Come on, ice cream . . .

Originally Posted by Listeri69 View Post (Source)
    A passage to india - A tale of drinks, diarrhea and what Frank is willing to pay....
    I'm willing to pay anything. It's a shame I'm not able.

Originally Posted by JetsonRING View Post (Source)
    Unless you're into that sort of thing . . . o7
    These sorts of things you can only do the once, so it'd be difficult to find out if you're into that sort of thing until it's too late and you're screaming at the top of your lungs that you've changed your mind and you've decided that you're not into that sort of thing <evil grin>

I'm willing to pay anything. It's a shame I'm not able.

These sorts of things you can only do the once, so it'd be difficult to find out if you're into that sort of thing until it's too late and you're screaming at the top of your lungs that you've changed your mind and you've decided that you're not into that sort of thing <evil grin>
    Ah, but the screaming, the uncertainty, the begging, the evil. It's all part of it, yes?

Page 110 of 138 FirstFirst ... 100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast