Page 112 of 128 FirstFirst ... 102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1916

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

Thanks for the votes people!

Frank has already picked his topic for the week and I'd normally pick something nice and open to complement his choice. But the last time I did that I was accused of being dull and unimaginative by drabblers who wanted something a little more... visceral. So here's one I've been saving up:

Captain Metalpants and the Star Pirates of Rocktopia!

When You Try Your Best But You Don't Succeed

Captain Metalpants stared at Edith with a disdain that could be felt across the bar. "You said you had a good name for the group!"

"That's a great name" retorted Edith

"Not for a female community choir! Mrs Jingles will go apoplectic right into her blue rinse if we perform aboard Bonkers with that name".

"Well, you'll be laughed off stage without it or something catchier; Galaxy Talent's a fierce competition".

"Maybe. Not my biggest problem anyway, that's our lead singer".

"Daphne! Why?"

"Erm, I discovered why she sings deep baritone"

Edith nodded. "She needs to go, just cull her".

Great Tunes to Supercruise to - p.s. have you tried ABRAKA DRABBLE?

Silent Running

The CMDR's face registered amusement as she studied the holographic display before her.

Another battle was being waged between single, large, capital class cruisers from each of the two major factions,
    assisted by a few dozen smaller ships of various classes down to the smallest ship launched fighters.

Their fleet tactics were awful, no battle ever ended in victory for either side, just crews and ships spent freely.

The ships were pretty, she mused; very colorful, painted up like tiny fishing lures.

Humans would soon hook into the biggest fish of all when the rest of her people revealed themselves . . .

Originally Posted by Edith_The_Hutt View Post (Source)
    Thanks for the votes people!

Frank has already picked his topic for the week and I'd normally pick something nice and open to complement his choice. But the last time I did that I was accused of being dull and unimaginative by drabblers who wanted something a little more... visceral. So here's one I've been saving up:

Captain Metalpants and the Star Pirates of Rocktopia!
    I wish I'd went a little more general now.

Rule (1) of Fighter Club is "We do not talk about Fight Club"

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...18#post4688218

It's No Dumber Than "Star Lord & The Guardians of the Galaxy"

Last man to ask about the “silly” name had his ears cleaned out with a blaster.

Nobody doubts the new CMDR is a stone-cold killer however,
    his cavalier approach to their chosen profession had made some of the crew
    question their new CMDR’s commitment.

That was until the ear cleaning thing of course and after that,
    if anybody is still apprehensive about “Captain Metalpants
    they're darned sure keeping their cake hole shut about it.

As for “The Star Pirates of Rocktopia”, the mere mention of that name will inspire terror across the galaxy
    or my name isn’t Ickie Balzcak.

Don't step on ma blues,Wade.

Captain Metalpants checked his ammo.Bullets whined around his head like a swarm of angry hornets, punctuated by the occasioal spang of a ricochet.
    When the barrage slackened,he peered round the side of the container,squinting through smoke and flames in an effort to determine his options.
    Movement to the side caught his attention.A figure appeared,stumbling through the roiling clouds of oily smoke,axe raised high above his head,
    face distorted in a mask of rage.A face that dissolved into a splatter of blood,tissue and teeth as his weapon discharged.
    Elvis had left the building.

Captain Metalpants and the blackface : A sad tale of poverty, desperation and rustling..

Captain Metalpants sighed, there had been a time when the name metalpants had instilled fear throughout the galaxy.
    Not anymore.
    Washed up, creditless, even his famous ship 'the Star Pirate' had been broken up for scrap.
    Probably to make another rubbish mug somewhere that didn't have his face on it.
    All he had left was his old metalpants, Which had seen much better days.
    He fingered a rusty bullet hole, casually making it wider.
    But today his fortune would change.
    He'd got a tip from an old sidekick.
    Slowly he leveled his pulse pistol.

'Metalpants is back. Die evil Pigfart!'

Colour Me Bad

Captain Metalpants and the Star Pirates of Rocktopia! was playing on Lave Radio.

Frank switched off the novelty electro-rock music and turned the air blue with curses aimed at Edith and his stupid topic. "That's me 39 words down. I've only got 100."

His wingman got him back to the task in hand. "We've got to thin down the number of orange Sidewinders. There's too many. We need to cull them."

Frank read his orders and blanched white. "It's not that I'm yellow. I just don't want to mow down all those greenhorns. I don't want to be a culler!"

Liar,Liar

"It's true,I tell you.Every word of it.They'd escaped from some weird Afterlife planet,you know the sort of thing,consciousness decanted into
    a fully functioning android body,then set themselves up as a pirate gang in a mined out asteroid.Funny thing is a lot of them looked like 20th century entertainers,well,apart from one who looked like Kow, stripped to the waist ,brandishing a scythe and shouting 'I am Poldark'."
    Captain Metalpants paused in his narration,sniffing the air before reaching round hastily and removing a smouldering piece of toast
    from his gently glowing buttocks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not for competition unless Alien decides not to put her foot down.

Frank has reached new heights by creating technicolour puns. We can only be thankful that smellovision does not exist yet.

Living up to his name

Originally Posted by insanephoton View Post (Source)
    Frank has reached new heights by creating technicolour puns. We can only be thankful that smellovision does not exist yet.
    I'm sure any smellovision Drabbles would feature Trump. He's in his 70s and he eats way to much chocolate cake. Do you think all those world leaders are only curling their lips in disgust of his ideology?

Frank, now available in technicolour.

Great Tunes to Supercruise to - p.s. have you tried ABRAKA DRABBLE?

After a few glasses of Janx my yawns can be a bit on the colourful side

Buyer beware, not all people are what you think they are.

"Commander Alien here".
    "Yes Commander what can you do for you today",
    "Well I would like my hair cut please".
    "Ok we will have to take some details in case there is a small accident".
    "Ok".
    "Name"
    "Alien".
    "Where do you live".
    "Preston, United Kingdom, Planet Earth".
    Security Code and bank details!".
    "Why you need them!".
    "In case of an emergency".
    "Ok security code de7853re, bank account number 32964653".
    "Pin"
    "6923"
    "Just then an announcement came over the centres load speaker!.
    "Beware Pirate Crazy Horse masquerading as a hairdresser taking peoples details".
    Alien looked around and the pirate had gone".

01 - Galactic Midden - When You Try Your Best But You Don't Succeed
    02 - JetsonRING - Silent Running
    03 - phong - Don't step on ma blues,Wade.
    04 - Listeri69 - Captain Metalpants and the blackface : A sad tale of poverty, desperation and rustling..
    05 - Frank - Colour Me Bad
    06 - RoyalHankey - Buyer beware, not all people are what you think they are.

This is your "one day left" notice people. Noses to the grindstone. You have one day left.

I'm surprised a topic as interesting as hasn't attracted more entries. I guess everyone is at home polishing their masterpieces.

JetsonRING, I'll follow Alien's guide and assume that your first Drabble is the one you want entered.

RoyalHankey, I think your Drabble contains a typo. The bank details as written didn't work.

Page 112 of 128 FirstFirst ... 102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast