Page 115 of 127 FirstFirst ... 105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1903

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

The Practical Aspects of Puppy Smuggling

You get a better class of thug at the Momus customs than at other star-ports. None of these over-educated rent-a-cops with cheap plastic ID badges and a customer satisfaction survey. Momus security are the kind of knuckle dragging petty sadists in uniform you only find in a real Dicatorship. Proper coppers.

Alex fastened the face-concealing visor and looked at the uniform’s previous occupant being happily devoured by the clutch of un-neutered Bog Spaniels; eaten by the very things he was supposed to stop smugglers taking off-world. Who’d have thought prize dogs would be so good at clearing away pig meat?

I also gave the abrakadrabble website a little updating and tweaks. more to come.

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    I haven't seen any mention of any other Drabble contest. Does anyone have a link? If it's pay to play then it must be separate from what's happening here.
    Link to that other drabble contest:
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...hlight=drabble

Behold the grapes of wrath

The sun beat down on the arena sand,the air shimmering with haze.A low hum, sounds of the blue skinned aliens idle chatter, reverbrated around the stadium,
    as slaves dragged out the corpses from the previous battle ,smoothing the sand behind them.
    Soon only one figure stood alone in the centre of the circle,facing the entrance opposite.A monstrous beast emerged into the light,snarling and slathering.
    As it charged,Farticus swiftly turned,bent slightly at the hips,and let rip mightily.
    With a comic expression of surprise,the beast crashed to the ground dead at his feet.

Know the truth and never see your pets in the same way . . .

It's A Dog's Life

Speckles seemed to enjoy watching CMDR Orencia operate the controls of his ship.
    The little dog was watching now from the co-pilot’s chair, intently, the way dogs sometimes do.

Her gaze sometimes made the commander . . . nervous.
    She was his pet, but could she be studying him?
    Nah. Stupid, right?

For Speckles part, she enjoyed her master’s anxiety.
    He guessed the truth, but her kind had mentally controlled and conditioned humans for 15,000 years
    and they were innocently oblivious to their own slavery.

Later, Speckles would use the communication device hidden in a chew toy to make her evening status report.

That one time your dog looks at you, says "No one will ever believe you" and never speaks again . . . o7

The new management are here

All the planets inhabited by humans have an ecosystem that includes other animals.
    There are untold numbers of species, spread right across both human bubbles.
    Some species are restricted to single systems, some seem to accompany humans wherever they go.
    The diversity of sizes, shapes and personalities is amazing.
    Some are dangerous, some are friendly.
    Some are ugly, some quite cute.
    And in all that space, and with all those species, the humans have remained at the top.
    Top in intelligence.
    Top in technology.
    Top in aggression.

Top of the food chain in every respect.

And then came the Thargoids.

Originally Posted by JetsonRING View Post (Source)
    Pirates are monsters. I pulled my entry from the other contest when I realized that contest was donate to play, then realized the drabble worked here, too. o7
    It would be nicer is you worded it as "I wromgly entered the charity competition" instead of making out it is some sort of money grabbing. Pay to Play and donate to play have negative connentations.

Originally Posted by Simoof View Post (Source)
    It would be nicer is you worded it as "I wromgly entered the charity competition" instead of making out it is some sort of money grabbing. Pay to Play and donate to play have negative connentations.
    No derision intended. I have edited my post accordingly

Rule (1) of Fighter Club is "We do not talk about Fight Club"

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...18#post4688218

The Immovable Object - A sweary story of persistance, persperation and pissflaps

'Bloody Cow Crap, Goddam Jesus Christ, Sod-off ya Arsehole Damn Ginger Git Animal' Pskykokow was having trouble shoving his latest cargo into the hold.

'Balls, Bint, Bull, Munter' Simoof joined in as they pushed the large beast up the hold.

'SHlT, Son of a Beaver, Beef curtain, Bellend' Kow screamed as Simoof dropped his end onto his foot...

'Bawbag, Clunge, Fanny Flaps, Knob' Simoof was pumping out sharts every push.

'Wanq, Cont, Fock, Mutherfocker'

'Where did you get it from anyway'

'oh it was on sale in Winnard's hole free to whoever moves it'

'Do we really need a Mother-in-law?'

Couldn't have managed one practice rehearsal?

The grand chamber of the Citadel is the Empire's pride and joy. Only prestigious state events were held here in audience with the Emperor. Senator Wagar beamed at his immaculate police unit lined up before the Lords and Ladies attending this new hit narcotic squad's inauguration ceremony.

"Before you are the finest handlers and drug sniffing beasts" he boomed. "Discovered on Gardlon-5 they love to burrow their long protruding snouts into any crevice to find their quarry. They respond to spoken command with dogged obedience"

To a backdrop of shrieks and shouts the senator raised his glass, "bottoms up everyone"

Great Tunes to Supercruise to - p.s. have you tried ABRAKA DRABBLE?

Don't forget everyone, there's a special drabble contest running alongside this one and ending on the Lavecon weekend. This one is in aid of the wonderful charity Special Effect and can be entered here https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...08#post5600408

Please consider playing and donating. We'd love to have lots of people playing on the forum and joining in at Lavecon if you attend in person.

Great Tunes to Supercruise to - p.s. have you tried ABRAKA DRABBLE?

Originally Posted by Simoof View Post (Source)
    Done. I'm in south Florida, maybe just a little jealous I cannot attend. o7

Originally Posted by JetsonRING View Post (Source)
    Done. I'm in south Florida, maybe just a little jealous I cannot attend. o7
    Thanks Jetson - text has no context and it's too easy to read things in a negative way. We removed the error from the other thread so the thread starts positive lol. First post as well... jeez.

Today is Thursday. And on Thursday nights I don a pair of thick rubber gloves, pin a peg to my nose, and copy all the Drabbles from this thread over to a special voting thread <ugh>. If you want to write a 100-word story set in the Elite Galaxy about this week's topic, "Animal" then you'd better get cracking.

Rule (1) of Fighter Club is "We do not talk about Fight Club"

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...18#post4688218

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    Today is Thursday. And on Thursday nights I don a pair of thick rubber gloves, pin a peg to my nose, and copy all the Drabbles from this thread over to a special voting thread <ugh>. If you want to write a 100-word story set in the Elite Galaxy about this week's topic, "Animal" then you'd better get cracking.
    What a way to go!

‘We’re dropping the cargo now! Cease Fire.’

Mac quickly looked over the readouts on Sanctimonious Status, the two eagles got a lucky shot on the drives.

‘Just hand over the Animals.’ came the voice over the comms.

‘They’re Gippsworld Pigs but you have to be careful…’

‘Shut up or your space dust!’

One eagle picked up the cargo and, as it flew away, began to spin out of control. The Eagle smashed into the other ship.

‘They opened the cargo, scared the pigs, didn’t they?’ said Davie taking off his gas mask.

‘Yup!’ smiled Mac. ‘Death by Exploding Pig F*rt.’

Page 115 of 127 FirstFirst ... 105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast