Page 150 of 168 FirstFirst ... 140146147148149150151152153154160 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2510

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

Originally Posted by Galactic Midden View Post (Source)
    It's done, shoved well and truly in there. It's not coming back out anytime soon. Though I may have lost your shoehorn, sorry
    It's not me you should be apologising to. But then if Phong had posted at a more timely hour he wouldn't have been subjected to an embarrassing shoehorning.

Thank you everyone for voting Listeri69 and I into first place. My half of the topic this week is FROZEN.

Drabble show 230

Well we've gone from seven to two. The Winners being the disgusting galactic midden and the fantastic Listeri69, who have chosen two awesome topics for you

they are

1. FROZEN
    2. FAUX PAS

1. Drabbles must be 100 words exactly (Excluding the title)
    2. Over-use of-hyphens-to keep your word-count at 100 is very amusing but probably not a great idea.
    3. Keep it as clean as you can to suit the family forum rules here, so no frogs attached to anatomical parts.
    4. Only the first 20 entries are guaranteed a place in the (usually weekly) poll.
    5. 1 entry each, you may write as many drabbles as you want, but it is assumed that your first drabble is your chosen entry unless otherwise advised. But please mark Drabbles that you don't want entered as such.
    6. If your drabble is under or over 100 words you will have a chance to correct it before the poll is erected, at this point, your drabble may be DQ'd if other drabbles are available to take its place.
    7. Drabbles must be set in the Elite Dangerous universe (as loosely as you care to make it).
    8. It should try to meet the theme in some arguable way.
    9. If there is more than one theme you must match at least one, but can gain extra votes if you meet more.
    10. It's all for a bit of fun, so enjoy yourself... Enjoyment is mandatory!
    11. If you win, you get to submit next week's Drabble topic, so make sure you post it by 3pm GMT Monday. Or else chaos will ensue and who knows what will happen...
    12. You must big it up and get the Drabble Show over 100 viewers, that would be amazing.
    13. Every winner can be the owner of up to 1 abrakadrabble mug.
    14. No animals were harmed in the making of this series (Simoof is not an animal)
    15. If we get over 25 entries, the potato will host it nude.*
    16. The Title must also now be under 100 words (not including the title to the title)*
    17. Extra points for Kow-tipping.*
    18. Futuristic Kung Fu is not allowed to question the rules, change the rules or even know what the rules are.

Sometimes it's difficult to know what constitutes exactly 100 words. Our arbiter is
    It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. Its count is the law.

So submit your drabbles in reply to this thread, and the first 20 will be guaranteed entry into this weeks poll, and read out on our live Show Friday night.
    Entries close at Random O'clock on Thursday evening (or sometimes if we have 20 entries earlier). All Drabbles submitted up to Friday Afternoon will have a good chance of being read out on the live Drabble readiing show.

New winners each week now wins a prize ...

The Weekly Drabble show is available in different ways
    Live shows Friday's 19:00 GMT - 20:00 GMT (approximately)
    Http:// (VIDEO) (Audio Only) (Audio Only)

Past Broadcasts are available to watch from
    OR Audio Versions available on

*some rules might be fictional

Post Family Tree

"You're here early."
    "I had a cunning plan"
    "If it's so cunning, why's your computer beepin'?"
    "The zero key's stuck down"
    "Let it go!"
    "I have."
    "Well, hit it with somat."
    "Crap, I hit enter instead."
    "I was posting an advert to see if I could find my Father, that key got stuck typing in the reward for finding him!"
    ** Docking crews to their stations, high traffic volume requesting docking **
    "'Ere, you know what landing bay's gonna be full of...?"
    "Don't bloody say it, you want us to end up as a drabble or something?"
    "Ah yeah, good point."

Originally Posted by Listeri69 View Post (Source)
    The Winners being the disgusting galactic midden and the fantastic Listeri69
    WOW, just WOW!

Originally Posted by Galactic Midden View Post (Source)
    Originally Posted by Listeri69 View Post (Source)
    The Winners being the disgusting galactic midden and the fantastic Listeri69
    WOW, just WOW!
    I know, right? Names begin with capital letters!

Originally Posted by Edith_The_Hutt View Post (Source)
    I know, right? Names begin with capital letters!
    Yeah and I noticed he managed one for himself!

In Beta

NPC's will pass and kids will pew pew my Asp
    but I'll be showing imperial class in beta

A bounty on my head, if I'm not quick I'll end up dead again
    and space will be turning sticky red... in beta

I'll finally dock at Barnard's Star station with a smile upon my face
    and head off to the thargoid and fer-de-lance and get out my face

Oh I can't wait to see what Elite will do for me
    I wont even bother to get up to pee in beta

Dah dah dah doo
    Uh bah bah bah bah bah boo

Tis' the season to be frugal

The ward room on the courier gleamed. The table resplendent with the finest plates and Hutton Mugs. The crew were excited as they anticipated the meal to come. They had been looking forward to it all year.
    Meanwhile in the galley the cook was discussing the arrangements with the purser.
    "You better not make last years mistake", said the purser. "The amount leftover was intolerable. You overcatered for a crew of hundreds."
    "Dinnae worry yorsel'" said the cook. "You can explain to the crew that after your lecture last year, I froze the leftovers and will just be reheating them."

Stormy presents: Don't put on the slippers until you've checked the toes

'Dripping dripping dripping dripping.
    freeze,freeze freeze
    melting melting melting melting
    drip drip drip
    and that concludes the weather forecast for this morning.'
    The feline form stretched lazily once before the natural desire to preen overcame it and, wrapping it's tail around the
    ornate handle of an hairbrush, it began to pull the tines through it's thick lustrous hair,paying particular care to the
    area around its ears.Satisfied,it shrugs into a flight suit,slips on a pair of aviator specs and walks to the ready
    room,practicing it's swagger all the way.The room erupts!
    What an entrance!!
    Noice 'Fro,Zen.

Title:- Humbug Christmas

I'm dreaming of a black Christmas
    Just like the ones I used to like
    Where the asteroid's glisten and planets pissing
    To hear sleigh ships in the snow
    Where the asteroid's glisten and planets pissing
    To hear sleigh ships in the snow
    With every Christmas will I write
    May your days be pirated and dark
    And may all your Christmases be black
    I'm dreaming of a black Christmas,
    Mah nah, mah nah

...and then when I saw everyone staring at me I was told "It's not pronounced 'fox pass'!" I was so embarrassed about my mistake.

Well that's my entry for this week, and seeing as it's under 100 words I'm not going to enter it.

But don't let that stop you. You still have a whole complete day to write something and post it here. Just try to get your entry in before Thursday 10:00pm GMT

On the first day of Christmas I was given a box.

The ice planet was barren and harsh. Void of colour. Drab. Boring. Energy was provided from underground sulfurous pools. It had a peculiar smell that combined with the scorching bitterness of the air was repugnant to the nose. In a way is was reminiscent of home thought Commander Midden to himself.
    He was on a rescue mission.
    In one box, the apendagless Canidae Vulpes, the other its cryogenically preserved feet.
    "Whats in that box?" asked the customs agent.
    "Frozen fox paws" replied Middensatwat
    "And the other box?" the confused agent quizzed.
    "A Fox!"
    "What you going to do with it?

Too Much Tuna Will Fill You

Simoof looked where his delicious fish dinner had been and then over at the hairy beast slinking in the corner of the cockpit.

"Psykokow! What'd you do that for!?"

Kow, looked up sheepishly, "sorry, didn't think you'd smell that one".

"Whit? Listen, if you don't sort out that thieving, pathetic excuse for a rat catcher I'm gonna throw Zen out the airlock"!

Just then a furry fore paw sank its claws into Simoof's solar plexus an instant before it's owner vomited a fishy sauce into Moof's ecstatically gaping mouth.

"Wow. You've forgotten I promoted him over you again haven't you?".

Tommy's faux pas : A tragic story of embarrassment, harassment and sentiment.

Tommy was being winched out of another sidewinder, opened like a sardine can.
    He pondered as he sat hoisted 100ft above the docking bay.
    This wasn't his greatest faux pas. No his worse faux pas came on his last trip to Kowden.
    After being winched out of a python, but it wasn't his own.
    It was the pink orca that really caused all the problems, especially the welsh sounding one with the strange pirate hat, claiming him as an undiscovered planet,
    and then the faux pas.
    Hanging from the crane, a spinning shart cannon with a flag in the arsse