Page 151 of 157 FirstFirst ... 141147148149150151152153154155 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2344

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

Cmdr pseudonym - Driving home for christmas...

'But I'm so wet mr skiprat'

'I don't care you're not having the umbrella'

'I will be frozen and then you'll be sorry'

'not my fault you didn't wear adequate clothing for the climatic conditions'

'no spastic eagle for you tonight'

Skiprat shrugged his shoulders. she was always moaning at him, yesterday it was because she had a 'name', he'd never bothered learning a name before, and what was that other one oh yeah it's disrespectful to involve a mate in your love life when you're waving at her through the window.

'Fine have the F*£$&£" umbrella then' said Skiprat...

That's it for this week then. I'm putting that poll up now

4 dimensional twister

Cresting the final rise,they drew their mounts to a halt,dismounted, and stared out at the glittering plain stetched before them.Scanning the horizon through powerful optics,their attention was drawn to a tiny dot which gradually resolved itself into a platform on runners pulled by a team of Gunths,to which was secured a vast tent,made from the hides of many creatures.An army of shaggy beings swarmed alongside,the ringing hiss of their skates whispering faintly in the still air,and the sunlight glinted from their spear tips.
    'Shart',squatted Simoof,putting his foot in it.

No shoehorns required.A link might be helpful,though.
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...rozen-Faux-Pas
    Don't know why it's in purple.Must be my prose.

Title: Recovery Mission (by Fletch - Aged 7 and three quarters)

An easy mission: Recover lost cargo from Titan's Daughter in the Pleiades that was attacked by those blinkin FARGOONS.

This time tomorrow we could be mil-yun-airs Rodders!

So we sets out in the type 9, going for some easy pickings just floating around waiting to be scooped.

Back to Hutton to sell the cargo, but some of the containers have been damaged, probably in the explosion at the station. They're cracked and the contents have been exposed to the vacuum of space.

Bloody worthless spoiled cargo of frozen fox paws (apparently a delicacy at Jaques).

Back to truckin' tomorrow Delboy!

There's a winning entry if only it had got in on time.
    Dont forget to vote

Congratulations Sneevus!!!
    And this weeks topic:
    "That Burning Sensation"

1. Drabbles must be 100 words exactly (Excluding the title)
    2. Over-use of-hyphens-to keep your word-count at 100 is very amusing but probably not a great idea.
    3. Keep it as clean as you can to suit the family forum rules here, so no frogs attached to anatomical parts.
    4. Only the first 20 entries are guaranteed a place in the (usually weekly) poll.
    5. 1 entry each, you may write as many drabbles as you want, but it is assumed that your first drabble is your chosen entry unless otherwise advised. But please mark Drabbles that you don't want entered as such.
    6. If your drabble is under or over 100 words you will have a chance to correct it before the poll is erected, at this point, your drabble may be DQ'd if other drabbles are available to take its place.
    7. Drabbles must be set in the Elite Dangerous universe (as loosely as you care to make it).
    8. It should try to meet the theme in some arguable way.
    9. If there is more than one theme you must match at least one, but can gain extra votes if you meet more.
    10. It's all for a bit of fun, so enjoy yourself... Enjoyment is mandatory!
    11. If you win, you get to submit next week's Drabble topic, so make sure you post it by 3pm GMT Monday. Or else chaos will ensue and who knows what will happen...
    12. You must big it up and get the Drabble Show over 100 viewers, that would be amazing.
    13. Every winner can be the owner of up to 1 abrakadrabble mug.
    14. No animals were harmed in the making of this series (Simoof is not an animal and does have feelings)
    15. If we get over 25 entries, the potato will host it nude.*
    16. The Title must also now be under 100 words (not including the title to the title)*
    17. Extra points for Kow-tipping.*
    18. Futuristic Kung Fu is not allowed to question the rules, change the rules or even know what the rules are.

Sometimes it's difficult to know what constitutes exactly 100 words. Our arbiter is
    www.wordcounter.net
    It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. Its count is the law.

So submit your drabbles in reply to this thread, and the first 20 will be guaranteed entry into this weeks poll, and read out on our live Show Friday night.
    Entries close at Random O'clock on Thursday evening (or sometimes if we have 20 entries earlier). All Drabbles submitted up to Friday Afternoon will have a good chance of being read out on the live Drabble readiing show.

New winners each week now wins a prize ...

The Weekly Drabble show is available in different ways
    Live shows Friday's 19:00 GMT - 20:00 GMT (approximately)
    Http://twitch.tv/psykokow (VIDEO)
    http://laveradio.com/live (Audio Only)
    http://huttonorbital.com/ (Audio Only)

Past Broadcasts are available to watch from
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast/
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...a4eBPOehkU6JhV
    OR Audio Versions available on
    Itunes https://itunes.apple.com/ms/podcast/abraka-drabble
    and
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast

*some rules might be fictional

The Aftermath : a story of space battles, curries, and a flappy tongue.

Even his farts burned. Why had he gone to Volcanos again?
    Medicated wipes, nitrogen blasts. Creams and Balms And Lotions galore. Nothing was helping and he was starting to consider surgery. Just cut the a$s off.
    Cmdr Markey remembered his last wife speaking that exact sentence to her lawyers.
    One last thing to try - the tongue of Midden. It was rumoured Middens tongue had been so eroded by all the glass it had licked that it was now the smoothest surface in the galaxy.
    "So does it grow back? Markey asked confused
    "Oh we don't remove it."
    "Dinner-time" thought Midden.

Aaaaaargh, Fuuuuuuuuh! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KNQFGU1qj0)

CMDR Zoloft sweated as he attempted to void his bladder. He managed a few pitiful drops before the agony kicked in, as if he were pissing fiberglass and Tabasco sauce.
    He didn’t wonder at the origin of the burning he was experiencing “down there”, he well remembered the source. He groaned as the radio played that music yet again:

“Hey there swingin' bachelors!
    Are you tired of the steady drip,
    drip, drip of Gonorrhea?
    Then Peter Rooter's just what you need!

Peter Rooter, that's the name,
    You just flush your troubles
    Down the drain.
    Rotten Peter, rotten Peter, rotten Peter.”

Title: Take a dump – Quickly!
    By Fletch (aged 7 and
    ¾)

Wossat smell?

S’not me!

Well – S’not me – For sure!

You sure it ain’t you?

Yeah - S’not me – It’s yer Mum!

Yeah… It does smell a bit like ‘er…. Oi! Wot d’ya mean – My Mum!

Heh heh heh – Jus’ kiddin’ mate! Anyways, it’s getting stronger.

Wossat smoke comin’ out dat panel?

Oh sheeeet! We’re too close to that star, the fuel scoop’s meltin’… Quick – dump a heatsink while I get us outta here!

("KLUNK")

Dunnit… Whew - That was close!

Yeah, but it still smells like Simoof’s armpits in here… Where’s the air freshener?

Dutch Courage

I felt the smooth glass straw on my lips. I sipped, feeling the warmth of the Janx Spirit spread down my throat and throughout my chest.

The massive docking slot in front of me filled my canopy. It was glowing red from the heat inside the station. I needed that drink to steady my nerves. I could hear the survivors screaming for help over the comms. I prepared another drink.

I wasn't procrastinating, but I thought I'd better check how many refugees I'd rescued so far, just to know.

The computer replied "Five hundred and eighty three... and a half."

TITLE: Hunkahunka burning Coo

Screams from the station's structure as the Thargoid attack struck the main reactor.

'We're fecked! Who in their right minds would rescue anyone from this?'

Midden sobbed, grabbed his knees and started gently rocking.

'He said he'd be back by now... wait... who's that?'

A Type-9, resplendent in black and white, punched through the rack and started the slow turn to the docking bay.

'KOW!' Squealed Midden over comms, unable to contain his excitement, 'I knew you'd come!'

'Go left ya ! Come ON you fecking hunk of junk. No no no nononono-'

Hull integrity critical. Eject. Eject. Eject.

<Boom>

Title:- 100 Ways to Kill Simoof by.

Knife, Sword, Rope, Acid, Shark, Hippo, Guillotine, Garrotting, Injection.
    Burning, Falling, Lazering, Electrocution, Beheading, Shooting. Gassing.
    Bleeding, Slashing, Whipping, Flogging, Crushing, Crucifixion, Explosion.
    Disembowelment, Dismemberment, Gibbeting, Immurement, Impalement.
    Keelhauling, Poisoning, Pendulum, Sawing, Scaphism, Smothering, Axing.
    Starvation, Dehydration, Stoning, Strangulation, Suffocation, Decapitation‎.
    Bestiarii, Fustuarium, Marooning, Mazzatello, Genickschussanlage, Hanging.
    Drowning, Ishikozume, Keelhauling, Train, Plane, Ship, Car, Lorry, Self-destruct.
    Jumping, Flattening, Mother-in-Law. Crocidiles, Aligators, Tigers, Lions.
    Gladiators. Leopards, Overdosing, Choking. Furdered, Screwged, SRV.
    Missile, Bomb, Grenade, Adultery, Freeze, Boiling, Fansicle, Jablowni.
    Smoked, Smoked, Spyanide, Killdo, Rack, Shafted, Lesbocution, Dumbrella.
    Torture, Chainsaw, Eaten, Murder, Lynching, HIV, Piranhas, Skinned.
    Hypothermia, Dysentery, Rabies, Smallpox, Syphilis, Haircuts.

Mmm... "Lesbocution"...

<lost in thought before realising the camera's filming him>
    Err!.. Okay!.. Erm!.. The Drabble Show... Yes, the Drabble contest only has 6 entries so far.

01 - Simoof - The Aftermath : a story of space battles, curries, and a flappy tongue.
    02 - JetsonRING - Aaaaaargh, Fuuuuuuuuh! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KNQFGU1qj0)
    03 - Fletchmo - Take a dump – Quickly!
    04 - Frank - Dutch Courage
    05 - Fantastic Books - Hunkahunka burning Coo
    06 - RoyalHankey - 100 Ways to Kill Simoof by.

You only have until 10:00 Thursday night to get your entries in.

I spy with my little eye for 50 points...A Donkeys yawn!

'And the burning sensation? How long have you had that then Mr Simoof?
    'Ever since I came off that ship, you know; the one I can't fit in'
    'And this is every hole?'
    'Yes, it even shot out my left nostril the other day'
    Dr Essessesses pulled out a weighy tomb inscribed with the words ' Ye olde anciente 1001 sicknessese'
    'is it good news doctor?'
    'well remember them I spy lakon books you had as a kid and you ticked off when you've found them?'
    'yeah'
    'well i've just scribbled something for you on the front cover'
    'A prescription?'
    'No...Completed.'

Cmdr pseudonym - it was on a starry night...

Cmdr Skiprat wasn't bothered with the long fuel scoop delay.
    Sure it was hot but he'd suffered from burning sensations ever since that visit from Uncle Jimmy and Auntie Rolf.
    Coincidentally the same date as his first Tuna Melt.
    He could see most of the other passengers sweating exactly like he himself would in a playground,
    as he himself began to wonder about the length of this quick pit stop.
    a message came over the tannoy 5 mins till refiling is completed Skiprat stood proud he knew his moment had come.
    Time to cover the passengers in Dongkum thermal paste..